Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092765 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12105 on: March 28, 2017, 10:41:50 pm »

It does indeed include heresies.  The example given was actually the Samaritan heresy, and it was confirmed in a separate post after just on the off chance that the example had been from a game where Samaritans had supplanted mainstream Judaism. 

Also, apparently medieval Buffy is making an appearance to make Satanism a bit more risky. 

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12106 on: March 29, 2017, 02:06:05 am »

Also, apparently medieval Buffy is making an appearance to make Satanism a bit more risky.
Hehe, excellent.
At least half the fun of being cartoonishly evil is having heroes to spar with.

(Not that I've started playing again yet or have the DLC, but soon maybe)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12107 on: March 29, 2017, 07:37:42 am »

If there isn't an event chain referencing the show, I will boycott the game :P

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12108 on: March 29, 2017, 02:02:13 pm »

Been trying a few things out in between "serious" campaigns. Tried out playing an ultra-loyal Byzantine vassal in 1066 Apulia/Longbardia in CK+. Let me tell ya, it's a hard life for the loyalist. Endless civil wars. I retain leadership of the Glory Faction in order to keep at least one of the factions in line, but I can't control the other ones. We're doing alright in terms of expansion: Georgia has been brought into the realm, as has Jerusalem, while I've expanded into South Italy. But the Imperial Decadence is killing us, and we repeatedly have to raise crown authority because the civil wars bring it down to nothing. I'm managing to expand fine: Norman power is declining; Spoleto is broken, and I had a great time when my friend the Basilissa immediately pushed my claim as soon as I had fabricated it; I'm in position to take the rest of Sicily (the duchy) soon. So the short term is ok, but the medium-term is concerning.

I'm particularly worried about viceroyalities, because I'm not 100% on how the AI uses them in CK2+ (which is the Imperial government type). I assume the AI will create the duchy titles as soon as they can, but what will that mean for me? Can I eventually create the Kingdom (or Exarchate I guess) of Sicily, or is that forbidden because it's subsumed by the Italia province? Thus far I've been careful to expand such that I don't get enough provinces to form a duchy, but that slows me down because it means I can't use dejure wars, and I'll need a higher tier-title eventually. It wouldn't be terrible for me to lose some of my titles, so for example I could Holy War for parts of Africa, create a strong little fiefdom, then peacefully relinquish it (as long as I have land nearby enough to Holy War); but I don't know if I can easily do so, whether it'll piss off my liege, or whether they'll decide to take away my holdings in Italy or some similar foolishness. I want to build a power base with which to support my liege (whomever they happen to be) in their wars and independently expand enough to form Rome. To do that, I want to have a free hand in South Italy for as long as possible and have some sort of stable realm with which to complement my liege.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12109 on: March 29, 2017, 09:10:40 pm »

As far as I'm aware, the AI doesn't tend to take away titles if they like you (and are the same culture/religion)

Might be different for CK2+ though.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12110 on: March 29, 2017, 09:33:30 pm »

If you are a viceroyalty, you can create titles up to one below your liege's rank (and retain them). Your AI leader won't mind. I don't think you can grant them independence though. So you can create Kingdoms if you are under an Emperor and Duchies if you are under a Kingdom. I might be mistaken about this and it could be you can only create titles up to your own rank... but I think it's the other one.

The other AI will do this as well, if they can afford it and meet the requirements.

What your AI king can do is revoke your duchy titles without penalty from the other leaders though. He can't do this for kingdoms. Generally the AI won't do this if the duchy titles are de jure within the viceroyal kingdom or actual kingdom. But I have seen some of my vassals just happily collect duchy titles for no reason.

Whether the AI ruler will actually revoke your other holdings... depends on them I guess. If you're super powerful they probably won't do it as you'll smash them in the civil war. The only times I've ever had an AI liege try to revoke my lands is when he thinks he can get away with it. I've also had a lot of times where the AI ruler will give me land when I ask (in exchange for favours).

---

This is all regarding vanilla CK2 though. No idea about CK2+. Should be the same I would think.

I say just try it and see what happens.

---

In any case, I also love just being a loyal vassal. Or trying to be anyway, until something forces me to act. With Conclave, I've had far more entertaining and memorable games playing the Game of Thrones with other vassals than being a leader painting the map.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12111 on: April 01, 2017, 06:28:51 pm »

If I were to host the game I have that's roughly 88 years in for multiplayer starting recruitment in, say, half an hour, would anyone be interested?  I know it is late so not much could be done, but I'm just wanting to mess around in the game a bit with other people.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 06:30:56 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12112 on: April 01, 2017, 06:38:54 pm »

Not me, I'm probably heading for bed soon, but I thought I should post to say that I might be interested some other time.
Love, scriver~

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12113 on: April 01, 2017, 06:46:49 pm »

Not me, I'm probably heading for bed soon, but I thought I should post to say that I might be interested some other time.

Could wake up early to start one in eleven to twelve hours.  May only be three to four hours, but it is a possibility.  Would that time work out?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12114 on: April 01, 2017, 06:50:24 pm »

New AGoT mod release!

I haven't tried it yet, but from what I've heard, most of it is real! The "A Game of Thrones" bookmark seems to be a joke, though...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12115 on: April 01, 2017, 07:10:01 pm »

Wound up setting up the multiplayer game.  Might as well make sure there are no hosting errors.  Here's the details:

Server Name: Bay12
Server ID: 90107864263132163
Password: armok
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 01:53:33 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12116 on: April 01, 2017, 09:58:35 pm »

..it took a lot of attempts.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12117 on: April 01, 2017, 11:18:54 pm »

..it took a lot of attempts.
Congrats, that's one of the hardest achievements.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12118 on: April 01, 2017, 11:35:40 pm »

yea i failed atleast 15 times over the last 6 months, trying every once and awhile.. but a bit of luck keeping the muslim empire to the west busy for a few years early on.. and then slowly slowly grinding them down everytime they holy war'd me (causing them to revolt for awhile) by their doomstacks dieing to my attrition, fighting some 40+ year wars... acquiring punjab (indian kingdom to the east), while slowly eating up the northren muslim territories eventually the balanced finally tipped... and bam:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12119 on: April 02, 2017, 04:36:54 am »

I just started as a Pecheneg nomad and changed to Zunist, invaded the Abbasids, and settled.

Kinda cheesy but it was still fun.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 1002