Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093302 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12000 on: March 11, 2017, 03:09:58 pm »

Can I join in?
Sure, at least two of the families are still AI-controlled if you wanted to stay in the same republic, and it's pretty early on. The only real limit is how many people can play before we have to stay on speed 1 all day erryday.

I can't remember off the top of my head, was it cheed's family that died out?
Yep. Also it's going up shortly; apologies, I got distracted by something. Name and pass the same as last time, B12Urist and armok respectively; will edit in ID when I have it.

EDIT:
ID: 90107380659753987
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 03:16:31 pm by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12001 on: March 11, 2017, 03:18:50 pm »

Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12002 on: March 11, 2017, 06:14:46 pm »

Revived under 90107383135834113
Same name/pass.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12003 on: March 13, 2017, 06:55:36 pm »

I've had a few wars in my Nestorian Attempt where my vassals will decide to walk back and forth from two provinces for the entire war. Whole armies of 2-3-4k troops just wasted, instead of attaching to my army of 5k+ and assaulting the Khagan.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #12004 on: March 13, 2017, 08:44:11 pm »

I know it's nothing new, but the sheer retardedness of the AI still astounds me.

Crusade for Austurias. I join it, start bopping Ummayad armies on the head. Eventually an 18k army arrives. Shouldn't be an issue, I have 13k men, they have river crossing disadvantage, no commanders, and the pope has 8k men next to me.

Well, apparently the pope thought the best course of action was to continue to siege down the province he was sat on. Army gets squashed.

They go onto the pope's army, followed by the 18k stack. Because my troops have low morale and have been whittled down significantly in that battle, it's now equal numbers against each other AND our side has 1/3rd morale. Needless to say, we lose that one.

It just plain pisses me off how mind-shittingly dumb the AI can be.

Paradox is a feature machinegun. They hardly ever fix anything, just pump out more features so the game gets more complex, the AI gets dumber but they still make money cause muh societies
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12005 on: March 13, 2017, 09:54:36 pm »

they... usually fix shit, dude. might take them a bit (i think the record on some of these things in ck2 is upwards of 2-3 or even 4 years) but they usually fix the REALLY bad shit quickly.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12006 on: March 13, 2017, 09:58:34 pm »

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #12007 on: March 13, 2017, 10:26:03 pm »

Actually, they're fixing a lot of shit.

They say that they fix things in the dev blogs but in my experiences in game, the AI and such has been bad for as long as I've been playing it and has only gotten worse. Perhaps other people have different experiences.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12008 on: March 13, 2017, 10:29:16 pm »

Actually, they're fixing a lot of shit.

They say that they fix things in the dev blogs but in my experiences in game, the AI and such has been bad for as long as I've been playing it and has only gotten worse. Perhaps other people have different experiences.

The bigger issue is if they go through what I shall call the "The Sims" Death spiral.

Basically... They can only fix stuff between expansions and only so much. Yet each expansion introduces something that won't be fixed by the next patch or that gets priority over the old stuff.

It is very worrying if ANY game gets a cycle of patches that rely on expansions.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12009 on: March 14, 2017, 07:01:08 am »

I don't know why, but I haven't really experienced most of these game-killing bugs and 'tarded AI y'all are always discussing.

My vassals attach onto my army even when I'd rather they do their own thing, they siege out provinces but usually join me if I walk in then leave toward an enemy army, and I wouldn't expect them to just up and walk away from an ongoing siege because an enemy army is somewhere in the general area, I mean come on, since when would that be realistic? Once you break the siege, all your time is wasted.

This isn't Troy, you don't leave and come back with a giant wooden horse, you stick it out and fight to the death ;)

With that said, I punish enemies who go "NEVER SURRENDAR" and then, a battle or siege or two later, its all "I yield!"

Uhh, no. Now you're going to suffer as I pillage your women, steal your castle, and burn your gold.

Err, burn your women, pillage your castle, steal your gold?

...Whatever, either way it works.

What I really wish is that they'd STOP hanging around me so often and go do their own friggin' tasks without me having to hold their hand. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I've noted a relationship between troop volume in comparison to allied forces, your laws (for tribals), as well as geography.

I've consistently had similar behavior, both good and bad, in certain instances of geographic weirdness or numeric advantage / disadvantage. Certain behavior stops forever the moment I hit a certain level of centralization, while other behavior starts up at that point. Its weird, but it kind of makes sense at this point.

I've played about 20 games in the same general area just to make sure I'm not imagining things.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12010 on: March 14, 2017, 07:07:39 am »

Oh Gods.

Playing my first ever Iron Man challenge game in the 760s (Charlemagne DLC rocks!) as Sigurdr "Ring", who just died 10 minutes ago after uniting Sweden and Norway by the year 770, I think it was, in his late 50s or so. At which point his first-born son RAGNARR LODBROK (yes, *that* Ragnarr) inherited Svithjod... But his dipshit brothers decided to split off into Noregr, Finland, and random Jarldom.

...Which Ragnarr promptly fixed by invading Noregr to depose his brother and heir (lol), re-unite the kingdom (-s, since Noregr was founded at Sigurdr's death by the AI due to owning all the pre-requisite land), vassalized his brother in Finland, allied with Norse Saxony, successfully conquered Sjaelland, AND...

Promptly got Syphilis, and such a rancid morale penalty that everyone hates him now.

...Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Ps, he has 2 daughters, Syphilis ruined his fertility, and I think Aella will never get his crack at the Sons of Lodbrok because Ragnarr has no bloody sons yet >:(

Damn you, RNG!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12011 on: March 14, 2017, 07:08:11 am »

So you guys are giving orders to your allies and vassels but they're not obeying? So far mine have done what I said
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 08:03:29 am by forsaken1111 »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12012 on: March 14, 2017, 03:19:38 pm »

Okay so I expected to do more, but meh. I'm bad at this :v

Enjoy like. Five seconds of reading in a random history generator thing I'm doing until my mods update to 2.7 :P

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #12013 on: March 14, 2017, 03:39:10 pm »

Okay so I expected to do more, but meh. I'm bad at this :v

Enjoy like. Five seconds of reading in a random history generator thing I'm doing until my mods update to 2.7 :P

You mean this thingy? I may use it at some point, but I'm happy with vanilla for now. BTW, what mods are your favourites? I personally don't use any mods aside from "Stellaris font" (I don't have the game, but I saw the font in Arumba's "Kingdom of David" LP, and I find it very readable), but I may try out CKII+ or HIP.

Also, glad to see you posting in the thread again.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 03:48:22 pm by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12014 on: March 14, 2017, 04:52:10 pm »

I guess it's time to fulfill my duty to the forums or something.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 1002