Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795] 796 797 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093443 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11910 on: March 07, 2017, 01:23:18 pm »

I have to admit that some of the stuff I've seen from the Satanism stuff added has worried me. I'm going to do some testing games to see how widespread these cults and such actually get, since that was a concern that some people (like me) had.

Oh shit I just started as Matilda in the "William the Conqueror" bookmark and all my vassals have an amazing -160 opinion modifier for "Outraged by succession change". Is this supposed to be the case? My succession is Absolute Cognatic Gavelkind incidentally. I set Gender Laws to All, but that never caused such a situation before.

EDIT: Gender Law = All now starts every ruler with a significant opinion penalty from all of their vassals. William the Conqueror has an amazing -310 opinion from his vassals.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 01:25:18 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11911 on: March 07, 2017, 04:25:04 pm »

I have to admit that some of the stuff I've seen from the Satanism stuff added has worried me. I'm going to do some testing games to see how widespread these cults and such actually get, since that was a concern that some people (like me) had.

Oh shit I just started as Matilda in the "William the Conqueror" bookmark and all my vassals have an amazing -160 opinion modifier for "Outraged by succession change". Is this supposed to be the case? My succession is Absolute Cognatic Gavelkind incidentally. I set Gender Laws to All, but that never caused such a situation before.

EDIT: Gender Law = All now starts every ruler with a significant opinion penalty from all of their vassals. William the Conqueror has an amazing -310 opinion from his vassals.

Very interesting.  Wonder if they accidentally placed a zero there.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11912 on: March 07, 2017, 05:05:31 pm »

Bear in mind - CK2 DLC are per-host, not per-client.

Not going to lie, I honestly think this is one of the best features of the game.  Makes it so anyone can play with anyone, so long as they have the same list of mods.
It's also a good form of advertising.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11913 on: March 07, 2017, 06:08:37 pm »

After over five and a half hours of M&M straight, I can say with confidence that I like it. A lot. And that's just fucking around with one society.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11914 on: March 07, 2017, 06:14:15 pm »

After over five and a half hours of M&M straight, I can say with confidence that I like it. A lot. And that's just fucking around with one society.
I'm guessing that society is Satanism? Or Hermetics?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11915 on: March 07, 2017, 07:05:04 pm »

Both actually, but mostly Satanism as HRE Dukes of Mecklemburg in 1066 because Learning is hard. Playing for corruption rather than usual blobbing is fun. And one of the less known facts about Satanism is that it's a great HR management tool.

And as far as other features, my literal idiot heiress who was only good for Intrigue at 3 points, due to my RP, has spent over 400 (out of 1000-ish) gold on a goldsmith event chain. It really, really pays off. She was surprisingly badass, though, she eliminated an assassin in personal combat.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11916 on: March 07, 2017, 07:12:35 pm »

Both actually, but mostly Satanism as HRE Dukes of Mecklemburg in 1066 because Learning is hard. Playing for corruption rather than usual blobbing is fun. And one of the less known facts about Satanism is that it's a great HR management tool.

And as far as other features, my literal idiot heiress who was only good for Intrigue at 3 points, due to my RP, has spent over 400 (out of 1000-ish) gold on a goldsmith event chain. It really, really pays off. She was surprisingly badass, though, she eliminated an assassin in personal combat.

Nothing quite builds secrets and unity quite like orgies. Mandated by the king orgies. "The Prince decrees a feast! And an Orgy! Hell, an Orgy Sexy Feast!"

Good endorsement, I'll be grabbing the DLC on GMG then.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11917 on: March 07, 2017, 07:21:02 pm »

Oh, that does too, but I meant the more direct approach.

You have veeery cheap kidnap which is like Intrigue focus-ing on someone except better in every way, Sacrifice which is a mostly undetectable kill (it raises suspicion but that's manageable), Tainted Touch which is an undetectable assassination attempt, Posession which has at least some times the side-effect of making the posessee kill you - so a reliable suicide, and Life Drain as the boss which is an Heir Pruning Tool that also can give you plus 1-3 health.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11918 on: March 07, 2017, 07:37:45 pm »

I haven't had the opportunity to fire up the game yet, but how does one become a Satanist? Event? Decision?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11919 on: March 07, 2017, 07:40:25 pm »

Aw, you didn't make the multiplayer game?  Was looking forward to it and it's a bit late now.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11920 on: March 07, 2017, 07:45:19 pm »

I haven't had the opportunity to fire up the game yet, but how does one become a Satanist? Event? Decision?

If you're over 16 and have one of the 7 sin traits you can declare your interest in joining the satanists in the new societies tab and after a few weeks/months it procs an event chain to join the society. You can back out at any step, but really who doesn't want to worship Satan and gain power by killing your enemies and looting your own churches?

Once in the society you can see every other member, their clothing, and yours, is replaced by a black hood, the leader has a goat skull strapped to their forehead, and you can gradually rise in the ranks to become the foul sorcerer you always wanted to be.

There's 4 ranks, the last only gained when the former high priest dies and you take their place. It takes 3 years and a society currency payment to advance in rank.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11921 on: March 07, 2017, 08:03:42 pm »

Both actually, but mostly Satanism..
That was what I was afraid of. Reviews of the non-satanism (and non-hermetics) societies have been mixed. To be honest I'm kinda disappointed that the main feature seems to be satanism, which I'm not interested in. Maybe I should have waited for a sale.

Oh well, can't fix that now. At least there are UI improvements and stuff, but meh.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 08:05:52 pm by misko27 »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11922 on: March 07, 2017, 11:18:43 pm »

Both actually, but mostly Satanism..
That was what I was afraid of. Reviews of the non-satanism (and non-hermetics) societies have been mixed. To be honest I'm kinda disappointed that the main feature seems to be satanism, which I'm not interested in. Maybe I should have waited for a sale.

Oh well, can't fix that now. At least there are UI improvements and stuff, but meh.
Honestly I think the main feature is actually just that they're giving proper support to stuff that modders previously had to jury rig in hackish ways. If you don't want, say, chaos cults of geheimnisnacht, or something, then it's just a bit of razzle dazzle.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11923 on: March 08, 2017, 05:32:02 am »

Aw, you didn't make the multiplayer game?  Was looking forward to it and it's a bit late now.

There's still time, I just didn't see very much interest at the time and I got impatient :^)

If you're over 16 and have one of the 7 sin traits you can declare your interest in joining the satanists in the new societies tab and after a few weeks/months it procs an event chain to join the society. You can back out at any step, but really who doesn't want to worship Satan and gain power by killing your enemies and looting your own churches?

There's 4 ranks, the last only gained when the former high priest dies and you take their place. It takes 3 years and a society currency payment to advance in rank.
Characters can also get recruited without showing interest directly assuming they have the traits, though everyone can refuse.

Also, the Demon Child from the event chain is *automatically* Grandmaster upon reaching adulthood.

That was what I was afraid of. Reviews of the non-satanism (and non-hermetics) societies have been mixed.

Heh, you've discounted roughly 50% of societies, so I'd say it comes up pretty decent on the whole ;)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11924 on: March 08, 2017, 06:26:11 am »

The normal societies are mostly just a way to get a small relationship boost with some other characters, fish for good traits and get some prestige and piety.There's not really much else they could have been.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795] 796 797 ... 1002