Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093720 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11835 on: February 27, 2017, 12:34:38 pm »

So... Who exactly is left using default portraits now? Just the French and Scottish?
I think Scots use celtic portraits, no?

Magyars, Finns, French use the Western portrait. I'd be ok with the French not getting a portrait pack if everyone else does. That way, they have their own faces without extra work or cost.

Berbers use the default Arab face, so there's that too.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11836 on: February 27, 2017, 01:55:41 pm »

Non-russian slavs still use the generic.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11837 on: February 27, 2017, 01:56:59 pm »

Basque does too.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11838 on: February 27, 2017, 02:37:40 pm »

In my caliphate run, I managed to declare independence when a decadence revolt hit the seljuks and am now king of the Abbasid Sultanate (custom kingdom) and Mesopotamia. The year is 1137. And a simultaneous invasion from Aztecs and Mongols is happening.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #11839 on: February 27, 2017, 03:02:46 pm »

In my caliphate run, I managed to declare independence when a decadence revolt hit the seljuks and am now king of the Abbasid Sultanate (custom kingdom) and Mesopotamia. The year is 1137. And a simultaneous invasion from Aztecs and Mongols is happening.

Better install that mod that adds a Roman Empire invasion.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11840 on: February 27, 2017, 03:15:44 pm »

Better install that mod that adds a Roman Empire invasion.
I just killed one of Genghis' sons, Tolui, who was acting as a mercenary for the enemy in my current war. One down, I guess.

To clarify, I am fighting the sultanate that replaced the Seljuks. I am also fighting against a council power revolt led by several of my brothers..

EDIT: HRE Just won a crusade for Jerusalem. Also has the pope as a vassal. Pope is a possessed crusader.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:22:32 pm by Teneb »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11841 on: February 27, 2017, 03:49:12 pm »

So... Who exactly is left using default portraits now? Just the French and Scottish?
I think Scots use celtic portraits, no?

Magyars, Finns, French use the Western portrait. I'd be ok with the French not getting a portrait pack if everyone else does. That way, they have their own faces without extra work or cost.

Berbers use the default Arab face, so there's that too.
Finns have their own portraits, actually, it's just that it's part of the Conclave content pack. I highly recommend it, by the way; it also adds female councilors for Western characters and nifty little map models of Hadrian's Wall, Charlemagne's Palace, Petra, the Pyramids at Giza, Agra Fort, and the Visby Ringmur. Not much, but I like it. Plus, the Finnish portraits are sexy as hell and also get used for the Romuvan Wends.

Anyway, Anglo-Saxons, Frisians, and Dutch also have the defaults.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11842 on: February 27, 2017, 03:50:59 pm »

I'm a super slut for CK2 DLC. Basically have all of them.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11843 on: February 27, 2017, 03:56:44 pm »

Frisians and Dutch.
I suspect these two will be covered by the German pack.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11844 on: February 27, 2017, 04:00:44 pm »

Frisians and Dutch.
They're West Germanic; German Pack only covers Central according to that dev diary.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11845 on: February 27, 2017, 04:02:15 pm »

Frisians and Dutch.
They're West Germanic; German Pack only covers Central according to that dev diary.
Oh well. Guess we'll keep staring as Western.gfx for a while longer.

EDIT: Found some info on which graphical cultures will get the English and German portraits.

English: English, Norman.
German: German, Lombard, Frankish, Suebi, Dutch.

So there you go, dutch but no frisian.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 08:05:48 pm by Teneb »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11846 on: February 28, 2017, 12:58:31 pm »

Hey, here's a challenge all of us could try to see how well we do.  We all start as the same Frisian count and attempt to form the independent Kingdom of Frisia, with the catches that it can be our only kingdom or higher title, and the only lands we/our vassals can hold is the de jure territory and counties immediately adjacent.  We all start at 1066, and whoever has the most territory due to de jure drift by the CK2 end date is the winner.

Anyone up for it?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11847 on: February 28, 2017, 03:49:55 pm »

Free Gelre!

Sounds like an interesting challenge, however. Although being that restrictive on what kind of land you or your vassals can hold seems a bit too much--it'd turn into a sitting-and-waiting game if you were limited to the de jure territory and the land directly adjacent.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11848 on: February 28, 2017, 04:02:58 pm »

Free Gelre!

Sounds like an interesting challenge, however. Although being that restrictive on what kind of land you or your vassals can hold seems a bit too much--it'd turn into a sitting-and-waiting game if you were limited to the de jure territory and the land directly adjacent.

It's pretty much a way to always have us in the situation of danger being a small nation surrounded by big nations carries.  And hey, this doesn't mean you can't launch Holy Wars, go on Crusades, or just in general launch wars outside that limit, just that if you win them, the land gained all goes to forming a entirely new nation, and if you put relatives in charge, you can make defensive pacts with them.  Plus, there's the option of making Tributaries, since those technically don't add to your land.

Granted, may be better to go with the case of 'you cannot create vassals that have territory outside that area,' in case vassals expand outside that area, so we don't have to suffer the penalty caused by seizing then liberating.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11849 on: February 28, 2017, 04:19:21 pm »

New achievements have appeared on steam, apparently.

Spoiler: here! (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 1002