Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093771 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11820 on: February 24, 2017, 04:30:00 pm »

Hopefully non-Christian religions don't get left out here. I want to see the pisstake between the Mu'tazila, Ash'ari, Salafis, Atharis, and other schools of thought within Sunni Islam. It was pretty significant historically, especially during the earlier bookmarks, but IIRC this game hardly pays Islam's internal nuances any attention besides the occasional Shia rebellion.
It'll at least happen in a mod, but I also hope they include such things.
One of the issues with playing pagans is that they're oddly monolithic, with the one-time exception of the necessary reformation.  Pre-reformation it makes sense, because the absence of strict governing body means that the multitude of sects coexist amicably.  Post-reformation though, they should have made stuff up.  If anything, Norse should be MORE vulnerable to heresy, by being freshly-reformed and literally pantheistic.

Where are the worshipers of Thor ascendant, much less the cultists of Loki?  But yeah, mods...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11821 on: February 24, 2017, 04:39:55 pm »

@Teneb Please fix the Satan typo (you wrote "Sata")  or Lucifer's Own will visit you... 
done

Congratulations, you have managed to extract a laugh from my human organs.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11822 on: February 24, 2017, 05:31:32 pm »

I appear to be suffering from a bug, and it appears that I'm the ONLY one suffering from it.

In game rules, both defensive pacts and shattered retreat are turned off.

Shattered retreats have decided they're going to start happening, and defensive pacts are being formed.

Anyone else encountered this bug and got a solution for it?
I noticed games will occassionally reset your game rules after a reload.

I've not had your specific scenario, but I've had games where I disabled raiding and raiding came back after a reload.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11823 on: February 24, 2017, 05:59:34 pm »

I appear to be suffering from a bug, and it appears that I'm the ONLY one suffering from it.

Shattered retreats have decided they're going to start happening, and defensive pacts are being formed.

I've not had your specific scenario, but I've had games where I disabled raiding and raiding came back after a reload.

Yeah I noticed shattered retreat and pacts turning back on, It's seems to be linked to something related to either your ruler changing or if your at war because those are the only times I can successfully replicate it/ notice it.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11824 on: February 24, 2017, 06:46:19 pm »

Accept the teachings of Satan into your heart. Feed the fires of eternity with your soul.
Stan is a really swell guy.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11825 on: February 24, 2017, 06:48:28 pm »

Accept the teachings of Satan into your heart. Feed the fires of eternity with your soul.
Stan is a really swell guy.
Satan plays hockey.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11826 on: February 24, 2017, 06:52:03 pm »

Heh that grin, and that unshaven chin hair- and
"MIROSLAV"
oh
oh no
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11827 on: February 24, 2017, 07:31:01 pm »

Yeah I noticed shattered retreat and pacts turning back on, It's seems to be linked to something related to either your ruler changing or if your at war because those are the only times I can successfully replicate it/ notice it.
I've found it depends on how you load your game. If you load it from the mod-choosing/news feed screen, the rules reset, but if you load it the "right" way (go to the main menu and hit Load Game) it seems to work fine.

Heh that grin, and that unshaven chin hair- and
"MIROSLAV"
oh
oh no
When you play the game of thrones, you win, or the Serbians come
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 09:22:57 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11828 on: February 25, 2017, 12:28:31 pm »

*ding ding*

Khagan Umiman has granted King Teneb a claim on the holdings of King CABL the Fat.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #11829 on: February 25, 2017, 12:38:38 pm »

To the infidel Khagan Umiman,
May Satan destroy your house. This is a formal declaration of WAR! Our armies shall meet on the battlefield.

*raises 10K of personal levies*

*casus belli is Holy War*
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11830 on: February 26, 2017, 02:31:20 pm »

To the glorious King Teneb,
Would you like to join our plot to assassinate King CABL the Fat?

Plot power is 97%

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11831 on: February 26, 2017, 08:04:30 pm »

In case anyone is wondering what is going on, I will abuse my authority as Khagan to reveal these messages:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11832 on: February 27, 2017, 07:12:34 am »

It's dangerous to go alone, read this!
Praise Stan

If I understand it correctly, the portraits and units come with the expansion, not as a separate DLC that must be purchased with it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11833 on: February 27, 2017, 07:21:38 am »

Since English is only present in the later bookmarks of the game, we made the portraits also apply for Normans, to make sure that you can play with them without having to start very late.
Oh, phew. Now there's only one restrictively conditional culture formation we have to sit through. I was worried for a second. :P

Also, by the sounds of it, Charlemagne and Karloman are going to be getting some new coats of paint. I'm curious to see what they look like with the new portraits.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11834 on: February 27, 2017, 11:56:37 am »

So... Who exactly is left using default portraits now? Just the French and Scottish?
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 1002