Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093829 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11790 on: February 20, 2017, 11:55:35 am »

I think you can get that without being a lunatic. I don't recall having Lunatic when it fired for me, at least, if you mean the event where you start feeling like eating a sleeping guest (as you do).
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11791 on: February 20, 2017, 12:01:53 pm »

You can also get cannibal without lunatic in the Reaper's Due DLC if you're secluded with courtiers and food stores start to get low, it'll give you a cannibal option if someone with the gluttonous trait steals some food.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't really all the posts on this page that already went over this, lol.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11792 on: February 20, 2017, 02:06:28 pm »

I'm trying to do the complete game achievement thing (play entire game from Charlemagne to the end), this time in France so it'd be less boring.

It's certainly less boring.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11793 on: February 20, 2017, 02:12:42 pm »

Australasia (?)
If any of the Francias is controlled by a non-Frank, they get a different name.

Did you disable the Charlemagne story rules?
[/quote]
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11794 on: February 20, 2017, 02:57:20 pm »

Australasia (?)
If any of the Francias is controlled by a non-Frank, they get a different name.

Did you disable the Charlemagne story rules?
I didn't disable it. Charlemagne died in a battle super early on, rendering the entire thing moot.

I still occasionally see the stuff about Saxons razing Germanic temples and stuff from the Charlemagne stuff.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11795 on: February 20, 2017, 04:03:11 pm »

Today, while trying to go for a Caliphate Strikes Back (plus the achievement for going from Stamford Bridge to the game's end, and however many others I manage along the way) that, when you seclude yourself and capture the woman in the tunnels, it's a very good idea to kill her outright. Imprisoning her led to peasants storming the castle via the tunnels and my Caliph losing a leg.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11796 on: February 20, 2017, 04:36:42 pm »

I'm trying to do the complete game achievement thing (play entire game from Charlemagne to the end), this time in France so it'd be less boring.

It's certainly less boring.

lol @24

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11797 on: February 20, 2017, 04:45:17 pm »

I don't know how it works now, but I think it was warscore contribution- but maybe with a bonus if you lost a lot of men.  I seem to remember people saying that if your troops *WERE grossly slaughtered, you could be considered a greater contributer.

Edit: were
Contribution for getting slaughtered, is what I meant.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 04:49:30 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11798 on: February 20, 2017, 04:46:59 pm »

I don't know how it works now, but I think it was warscore contribution- but maybe with a bonus if you lost a lot of men.  I seem to remember people saying that if your troops grossly slaughtered, you could be considered a greater contributer.
Also if you died in the war, your warscore is separate from that of your heir. Fortunately that is going to change with the next patch.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11799 on: February 20, 2017, 06:04:31 pm »

I've actually found that fighting gives a much higher warscore than besieging in Great Holy Wars. If I want whatever is up for grabs, I usually pool all my guys together and send 'em off fighting, splitting them if there's going to be issues with attrition.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11800 on: February 20, 2017, 07:03:47 pm »

Continuation.

It's the year 979. So around 40 years or so since point 24. I'm still the same character who at this point might as well be called Queen Elizabeth as she's been ruling for over 70 years now.

I must say, while elective is really bad for powergaming, it's really fun when you're just faffing about.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11801 on: February 20, 2017, 10:28:29 pm »

I will laugh if your empress survives the Black Death as well.  It would be really unlikely, but she'd pretty much be your world's Charlemagne, since our world's died.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11802 on: February 20, 2017, 10:50:52 pm »

I have a 100% survival rate when it comes to my character's getting the Black Death.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11803 on: February 21, 2017, 02:09:16 am »

I will laugh if your empress survives the Black Death as well.  It would be really unlikely, but she'd pretty much be your world's Charlemagne, since our world's died.
She survived without getting infected, even though I was trying my best to get her infected so I could get the achievements. All her children survived too, somehow. About 100 other family members died though and the family went from 130 living members to about 30.

She herself died at the age of 77, a few years after all those events. She died of depression after her third husband + lover was murdered by an overly zealous chaplain who was hunting for Satan worshippers on her orders.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11804 on: February 21, 2017, 03:39:51 pm »

I got surprising message from my uncle telling me that he has disowned his son for marrying without his permission:

...God dammit, ck2...
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 1002