Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 779 780 [781] 782 783 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2094180 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11700 on: February 05, 2017, 12:05:20 am »

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, and it's even more extreme than I thought.  It requires 80% of the 67 counties, so 54.  England has 29.  That means claiming, at least, 1316 English counties.

Certainly not impossible though, if England already existed.  Takes a lot to actually dissolve a kingdom once it exists.

Edit:  Failed the math.  There are 38 non-English counties, so 16 more are required to reach 54.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:07:34 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11701 on: February 05, 2017, 12:10:41 am »

Could've lost duchies via de jure drift to other empires, or even taken duchies via de jure drift into Britannia too.

Anyway, all your children will gain claims on all the titles that their parents have, when that parent dies. You can wait 'til your heir reaches adulthood, murder your husband, then declare war on the successor of England.

Also, your husband's profile should tell you who the heir to England is.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11702 on: February 05, 2017, 12:13:02 am »

i mean if they're the "empress of eire" than they could have formed an empire from Scotland, Wales, and Ireland, assuming they didn't expand out from the isles

though when I make an empire like that for role-play/aesthetic purposes, I try and make sure I control every single county that I want to be part of the empire. if you have total control of a kingdom, it'll be automatically de jure part of the empire, so you don't have to wait 100 years.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11703 on: February 05, 2017, 12:21:04 am »

Assuming they *did*, actually, since custom empires require 180 counties.
... Which is is almost triple what Britain has, but hey.  I guess historical or at least geographic "empires" are naturally easier to form.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11704 on: February 05, 2017, 12:21:59 am »

You're actually wrong; It's an either/or thing. You either need 180 counties, or 3 kingdoms. Which is why I mentioned those three kingdoms.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11705 on: February 05, 2017, 12:29:54 am »

...Ooh.  That's useful to know, thanks!
She/they

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11706 on: February 05, 2017, 12:32:26 am »

Well, technically it's 180 holdings all up inclusive of baronies.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #11707 on: February 05, 2017, 07:53:34 am »

I had 3 Kingdoms, and was able to make a new Empire - Kingdom of Eire, Kingdom of Wales, and Kingdom of Jerusalem (remember, this is the game I mentioned becoming "Ruler of Jerusalem" by accident)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #11708 on: February 05, 2017, 02:58:24 pm »

Can someone name/recommend me Ironman-compatible "quality of life" mods? I'm planning on playing lowly count from Ireland in 700s, and I also want to test some life-improving mods, but I don't know which are the best of the bunch. Advice on how to survive Norse raids are also welcome.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11709 on: February 05, 2017, 03:04:53 pm »

There's mods that change the font and the appearance of the map and menus, but as far as I know, anything that adds or rearranges things, rather than simply changing graphics, music, and the like, changes the checksum and makes the game ironman-incompatible.

E: As for Norse raids, they're honestly not too hard to deal with. Just raise your levies or gather your retinues when they show up and beat them into submission. Once you're at multi-king or emperor-tier, your retinue should be big enough that you can sic them on the raiders without levy support.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 03:14:42 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11710 on: February 05, 2017, 03:27:34 pm »

Can someone name/recommend me Ironman-compatible "quality of life" mods? I'm planning on playing lowly count from Ireland in 700s, and I also want to test some life-improving mods, but I don't know which are the best of the bunch. Advice on how to survive Norse raids are also welcome.

Surviving some raids requires getting enough prestige to upgrade your holding. Hovering over them'll get you a tooltip telling you how many troops you get with the next upgrade.

DO NOT change to feudalism if you only have one fully upgraded holding.

You need to do some raiding yourself to get prestige too, usually of feudal holdings. Anyone you raid won't raise their troops from the county you raid, so single counties are alright, choosing the county with the largest levy of a multiple county entity is also a good idea, though you can only really raid counties bordering your own stuff, unless it's a coastal county and you have a ship to get the loot.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11711 on: February 05, 2017, 05:14:20 pm »

Wait, what? Why not?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11712 on: February 05, 2017, 05:19:23 pm »

Wait, what? Why not?
You lose a lot of troops, and it costs money instead of prestige to upgrade your holdings.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11713 on: February 05, 2017, 05:32:43 pm »

Wait, what? Why not?
You lose a lot of troops, and it costs money instead of prestige to upgrade your holdings.
Well. I'm not quite sure where I got the idea that the only tribal upgrades that get carried over to castle or city upgrades are the ones that cost gold, but I was sorely mistaken.

Thanks!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11714 on: February 05, 2017, 06:19:59 pm »

All mods are Ironman compatible.  Any that change the checksum are not achievement gaining compatible.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 779 780 [781] 782 783 ... 1002