Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093888 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11625 on: January 21, 2017, 02:28:32 pm »

Crusader Kings II multiplayer game is up.  Game uses the name of 'Zanzetkuken' with the password of 'bay12'.  Server ID is 90106421809577987.

Edit: Remember, uses the After the End mod with its included Extra Empires submod.  None of the other of the mod's included submods.
I'll probably swing by. Shame about the lack of faces, though.

EDIT: Doesn't appear in the list, and trying to connect directly just results in "denied"
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 02:36:41 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11626 on: January 21, 2017, 02:52:35 pm »

Crusader Kings II multiplayer game is up.  Game uses the name of 'Zanzetkuken' with the password of 'bay12'.  Server ID is 90106421809577987.

Edit: Remember, uses the After the End mod with its included Extra Empires submod.  None of the other of the mod's included submods.

EDIT: Doesn't appear in the list, and trying to connect directly just results in "denied"

How about now?

Edit: Not wanting to use the face DLCs, as I don't know if they modify the checksum or not, and there may be people who don't have the DLCs to begin with.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 02:54:47 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11627 on: January 21, 2017, 02:53:00 pm »

How about now?
I'll try, but you may want to post your checksum and the mod version.

EDIT: No luck (Game not found this time), and only the host's dlc matter. If you have african and aztec faces, it doesn't matter if I do or don't have them.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 02:56:31 pm by Teneb »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11628 on: January 21, 2017, 02:56:34 pm »

To answer your questions: XGYY and .8
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11629 on: January 21, 2017, 02:57:14 pm »

To answer your questions: XGYY and .8
Got the correct version and checksum, but can't connect directly (not found) and the server list is utterly empty composed of a single servers "Ruzen", so not you.

EDIT: Aaaand I gave up. Not worth it, spending one hour to join a multiplayer game.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 03:06:29 pm by Teneb »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11630 on: January 21, 2017, 03:55:17 pm »

Got the correct version and checksum, but can't connect directly (not found) and the server list is utterly empty composed of a single servers "Ruzen", so not you.

EDIT: Aaaand I gave up. Not worth it, spending one hour to join a multiplayer game.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with my internet.  Maybe it'll clear up tomorrow.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11631 on: January 23, 2017, 08:55:33 am »

Dev Diary with more nice little changes

You can also the german (but not anglo-saxon) portraits in the screenshots.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #11632 on: January 23, 2017, 09:20:48 am »

I really loved that Dev Diary and the DLC itself looks amazing. Their DLC for EUIV, on the other hand, is probably gonna suck big time (Or at least I think so).
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11633 on: January 23, 2017, 02:47:12 pm »

My latest game is... hectic. Having another go at the "as a saxon hold saxony and england" achievement. Converted to christianity to prevent the Francias from going apeshit on me. Now, I've been at war for about 20 years. All defensive. Pretty much all my non-christian neighbours, plus half my vassals, have DoW'ed me at some point. I'm only holding on because my wife is spawning tons upon tons of kids, so I marry them off and get alliances.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11634 on: January 23, 2017, 03:04:29 pm »

That Embark All thing has been a long time coming.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11635 on: January 24, 2017, 03:19:23 pm »

Ah gods bless the ahistory of CK2 an Irish Band of Nahuatl Mercenaries is invading Norse French Portugal, while Jewish Bulgaria is fighting over the Crown of the ERE with Hungary and the Pope claled a crusade against Prussian Reformed Romuva as the Grand Republic of Finland is waging its own religious wars against the Heretics of the Finnish Band situated in Norway and the Mongol Empire. Meanwhile the Fylkir of Sweden is going night insane over trying to reconcile the interests of retaking Normandy from Sunni Castille or invading German Denmark (which is now completely german culturally and has been for about a 100 years)....im not even sure i want to port this abomination to EUIV.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11636 on: January 24, 2017, 04:48:47 pm »

Ah gods bless the ahistory of CK2 an Irish Band of Nahuatl Mercenaries is invading Norse French Portugal, while Jewish Bulgaria is fighting over the Crown of the ERE with Hungary and the Pope claled a crusade against Prussian Reformed Romuva as the Grand Republic of Finland is waging its own religious wars against the Heretics of the Finnish Band situated in Norway and the Mongol Empire. Meanwhile the Fylkir of Sweden is going night insane over trying to reconcile the interests of retaking Normandy from Sunni Castille or invading German Denmark (which is now completely german culturally and has been for about a 100 years)....im not even sure i want to port this abomination to EUIV.

Do it, it'll get even crazier than that. I had the Incans colonize east Africa, and Aztecs + Indian kingdoms fighting over Australia. Korea colonized a bunch of Siberia along with China, who also colonized Alaska and BC along with the Incans and Aztecs, and Norse England was trying to hold off the Nahuatl Irish merchant republic while fighting the Roman Empire over South Africa. At the same time, Norse Scandinavia was fighting a number of Mordvin and Khazarian kingdoms in Eastern Europe, while also trying to push the Aztecs out of Ontario.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11637 on: January 24, 2017, 07:09:07 pm »

My saxony run came to an end due to the blight that is elective gavelkind. I had a good ruler. He had 20 diplomacy and everyone loved him. He converted to christianity so he could go feudal. He was allied to every single major christian power in the world. The eternal life event chain fired. And he dies of old age halfway through. Suddenly I have a shitty 60 ruler, the good parts of my kingdom are in the hands of relatives with shitty stats, the alliances are no longer valid, and every single pagan ruler bordering me and my kin attack and every single vassal revolts.

And the world was so interesting. Karloman not only never died, but he formed the kingdom of Burgundy and lost Middle Francia to a pretender. The azetcs arrives in the early 900s and started brutalizing West Francia. Abbasids collapsed and the Lombards started a chain of holy wars on Africa. Mercia has land in the middle of Italy due to some weird inheritance. Byzantines fight against the Magyar ultrablob for control of east Europe. It could've been so beautiful.

Just another day in Crusader Kings 2.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 07:12:01 pm by Teneb »

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11638 on: January 24, 2017, 09:37:48 pm »

In my Africa game Charlemagne became Waldensian after forming Francia; this is probably why I was able to take Lombardy so easily, since nearly all of Catholic Europe was ruled by heretics. About a hundred years later nearly all of France is well-and-truly Waldensian, but Germany remains Catholic since their king is Catholic. He's also the only Karling ruler of any note, since Francia passed to the Capets due to elective succession.
Meanwhile, Germanic paganism is almost dead, wiped out not by Catholics but - by Suomenusko. Ragnar of Sviþjod became Suomenusko early on, for some reason; by now only Saxony remains purely Germanic. Also Denmark is Polish.
Elsewhere in the pagan world, the Premyslid dynasty rules huge areas of land in east-central Europe and the Carpathian basin. Bohemia expanded south, eventually creating the Empire of Carpathia, and now stretches from the gulf of Venice to the Black Sea. I'm surprised the Byzantines have left them alone so long.

In my own realm, the Pope keeps attacking me every so often despite him not having any lands. He buys up some mercenaries, who are easily if not quickly defeated (since I have to chase them around the map). One time he didn't even do that - a few days passed with no armies showing up, and so I just offered a white peace. Thanks for the free prestige!
It's irritating, but it can work to one's advantage. As long as he can't do any damage, I can let the war run indefinitely and get the +25 "Defending against foreigners" opinion bonus from my vassals the whole time.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11639 on: January 24, 2017, 10:47:58 pm »

Finally made it back around to the AGOT mod, which I was enjoying profusely, before the Iron Throne roflstomped my poor little pirate empire.

That feel though, when you find out that your wife is infertile, but you're Valyrian, so you can just divorce her and marry your younger aunt, who is also your cousin and your sister.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 1002