Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093793 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11595 on: January 15, 2017, 06:47:23 pm »

I suspect the game can handle far more concubines/wives than anyone can currently take, it's just a game balance decision in the case of concubines and a flavour one in the case of Muslim wives.

Though dealing with dozens of wives/concubines and the hundreds of resulting children would be a real pain in the ass.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11596 on: January 15, 2017, 06:53:26 pm »

Surprisingly, the wiki actually claimed that concubines can only have one child each.  And I'm not sure that's wrong, I was always underwhelmed by their... uh, production, >.>
Whereas, according to the wiki, the much more vindictive secondary wives (who IIRC you cannot dismiss at a whim) can "pop out" unlimited babies.

Until you reach a limit of 10 children per character that I also didn't know about.

This is all wiki-hearsay.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11597 on: January 15, 2017, 07:08:07 pm »

I am certain I have had more than 10 children before. Maybe it means only 10 children who aren't adults at a time?
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11598 on: January 15, 2017, 07:21:19 pm »

I am certain I have had more than 10 children before. Maybe it means only 10 children who aren't adults at a time?

It is ten legitimate, living children.  Bastards and dead kids don't count towards that limit.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11599 on: January 15, 2017, 07:46:44 pm »

It is ten legitimate, living children.  Bastards and dead kids don't count towards that limit.

Unless things have changed, it doesn't apply to children born by event.  And I'm sure I've had concubines with multiple children.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11600 on: January 16, 2017, 06:26:18 am »

As far as I know, and unless anything have changed, there is a soft limit to amount of children, after which the chances of having children is reduced drastically.

The thing about concubines and one kid each is just flat out false from what I can tell.
Love, scriver~

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #11601 on: January 17, 2017, 10:16:24 am »

I know for a fact I've had concubines with multiple children. I remember being really annoyed once that a concubine with a great trait (Strong, i think) gave me like 4 kids and none of them had it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11602 on: January 17, 2017, 10:20:43 am »

This week's dev diary is kind of weak, it just describes hermeticism.

Spoiler: Three time greater (click to show/hide)

The alert with a B is, according to Paradox, an alert for idle councilors with placeholder art.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11603 on: January 17, 2017, 06:15:40 pm »

As a gentle challenge game I'm playing as Celtic pagans (Ancient Religions Reborn mod) and trying to convert all of Europe to the celtic way, and preferably the Brythonic culture. This is not usually hard, Celtic pagans are really strong, but this time I'm not going to conquer any lands outside of Britain militarily, only through offering vassalization to nearby independent counts and dukes.

To facilitate this I'm buying favours with the landed nobles of royal descent, powerful dukes and the like so that I can educate their heirs. I hope to convert the realms of Europe without claiming lordship over any of them directly, instead helping my educated little trojan horses inherit their realms or press their claims by force to make independent celtic lands. Once Catholic and Orthodox Christianity are both dead I'll consider myself victorious. Maybe Spanish Islam as well.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11604 on: January 18, 2017, 07:16:13 am »

Well Iberia is one of the Celtic homelands. You definitely need return it to it's true ways too.
Love, scriver~

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #11605 on: January 18, 2017, 02:03:08 pm »

If there isn't a mod that rolls back the start date to 100 CE or earlier, there should be.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #11606 on: January 18, 2017, 02:20:40 pm »

I can't imagine why. Half of the map would be fiction, and most of the game mechanics wouldn't really apply.

Maybe that's a little far back. Nonetheless, I'd like to have it start before 400 so the Western Roman Empire is still standing, and if possible go all the way back to 300, before Christanity is entrenched.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11607 on: January 18, 2017, 03:04:14 pm »

I can't imagine why. Half of the map would be fiction, and most of the game mechanics wouldn't really apply.

Maybe that's a little far back. Nonetheless, I'd like to have it start before 400 so the Western Roman Empire is still standing, and if possible go all the way back to 300, before Christanity is entrenched.
There is a mod set in the 400s. When the World Stopped Making Sense. The WRE is still (barely) standing in the start date.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11608 on: January 18, 2017, 04:39:03 pm »

The game is already mostly fiction in the Charlemagne start date. I cant imagine going even further back than that. I mean, I get why you would want to, but CK2 isn't really built to represent that period of time. You have tons of migration stuff going on, wars are completely different, etc. Would need an entirely different game or at least a hell of a lot of modding to properly do.
Yeah, significantly, focus switches from besieging cities to besieging castles. With castles you have nobles, with nobles you have CKII - a large army is a few thousand, whereas in classical antiquity to besiege a fortified city you had fuckhueg mongol sized armies, whereas in CKII cities are not effective defences against most armies (Byzantium aside)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11609 on: January 20, 2017, 03:10:25 pm »

Anyone available for a continuation of the After the End multiplayer save tomorrow?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 1002