Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 761 762 [763] 764 765 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093673 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11430 on: December 24, 2016, 12:11:08 am »

Right so... presently working on a pretty successful Muslim Merchant Republic, and I'm considering getting Reaper's Due. Would it be wise to wait until I'm finished with this (started in earliest start, about to close in on the year 1200, no Aztecs or Mongols yet) and then buy it, or add the very real possibility of getting immediately hammered by the Black Death in my current game?

The Black Death was cool, but a little underwhelming. I expected a bunch of cool accompanying events, but all that happens is a ton of characters die, massive attrition for armies, provinces get "depopulated" (less levies + taxes, but it goes away after not too long) and... I think that's it. You hide in your castle until it goes away, and all is well. One time I  had a maxed out hospital in my capital by the time the plague hit, so it didn't even enter my capital province. YMMV, but I found it quite lackluster.

EDIT: This was on 2.6.1, dunno if 2.6.2 added much to it, but going off the patch notes, it doesn't seem like it.
Reaper's due also adds some other things, the most important of which being the new wound system. Now instead of generic maiming, you can lose an eye, leg, and so on.
I'd say the most important part of Reaper's Due was the prosperity system.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11431 on: December 24, 2016, 02:27:37 am »

Nah, best part of Reaper's Due is the super immortality.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11432 on: December 24, 2016, 12:50:16 pm »

Nah, best part of Reaper's Due is the super immortality.
Only if you are not islamic/other multi-wife faiths and cultures, all those relatives and claim something or other
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11433 on: December 24, 2016, 04:14:45 pm »

Do they get claims even though you don't die?
Love, scriver~

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11434 on: December 24, 2016, 04:52:27 pm »

Step 1: Obtain Immortality.
Step 2: Kill off all offsprings, relatives and spouses.
Step 3: ? ? ?
Step4: Profit!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11435 on: December 24, 2016, 04:55:12 pm »

No, but they stand to inherit all the swag you've accumulated in your immortal life, so they may get a bit overzealous with the manure explosions.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11436 on: December 24, 2016, 05:00:52 pm »

No, but they stand to inherit all the swag you've accumulated in your immortal life, so they may get a bit overzealous with the manure explosions.
How do they inherit things when you ain't deaded :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11437 on: December 24, 2016, 05:07:47 pm »

How do they inherit things when you ain't deaded :o
That can be arranged.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11438 on: December 24, 2016, 05:08:16 pm »

Immortal doesn't mean immune to manure explosions, apparently :P. That'd be invincibility.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #11439 on: December 24, 2016, 05:13:05 pm »

Immortal just means you won't die of old age I think
You can probably still get stabbed just as easy
Or manure-exploded, apparently.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11440 on: December 24, 2016, 05:20:25 pm »

Oh right, you were talking after the carpenter weakened the wood, right.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11441 on: December 24, 2016, 07:04:10 pm »

Yeah, I was wondering why people were inheriting things while you were still alive and mortal, but they were talking about being immortal and everyone trying to assassinate you for your titles.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11442 on: December 24, 2016, 07:05:13 pm »

Solution: Kill off all inheritors.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #11443 on: December 24, 2016, 09:54:27 pm »

I have a better one - kill EVERYONE. I wonder how low on important figures can you actually get.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11444 on: December 24, 2016, 11:02:24 pm »

I have a better one - kill EVERYONE. I wonder how low on important figures can you actually get.

Not as low as you'd think. Unless you keep all titles for yourself, titles will spawn new characters for them. Like if there's an independent duchy, you can kill the rulers forever, but it'll just spawn new characters. So the solution is to keep everything for yourself and kill everyone left.
Pages: 1 ... 761 762 [763] 764 765 ... 1002