Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093661 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11415 on: December 22, 2016, 12:11:50 am »

There's one going on right now.

It has stalled a bit, though.

Link

Do need some more people on the list for that one.  Turn list is really low on people right now.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11416 on: December 22, 2016, 06:38:50 am »

There's one going on right now.

It has stalled a bit, though.

Link

Do need some more people on the list for that one.  Turn list is really low on people right now.

Ditto! I'd love to try a little taste succession!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #11417 on: December 22, 2016, 04:22:57 pm »

Does anyone have an idea how long the Paradox Interactive "Yule Sale" goes on for? I sorta want to wait for the 24th to see if I won the "Crusader Kings 2 Collection" from this year's bay12 giveaway but I don't know if the sale would be over by then.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11418 on: December 22, 2016, 05:47:37 pm »

I'm not sure, but the Steam deals all seem identical or superior and that runs out on January First.

On the topic of what DLCs to get, it's that time of the year again. For now I'm only getting one gameplay DLC out of the entire list (excluding Way of Life, Old Gods, and Charlemagne, which I already have.) Which would you guys recommend?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #11419 on: December 22, 2016, 05:48:54 pm »

Actually, looking specifically at the big DLCs, the steam deals are mostly not quite as good by a dollar or two.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11420 on: December 22, 2016, 06:19:30 pm »

Actually, looking specifically at the big DLCs, the steam deals are mostly not quite as good by a dollar or two.
Ah, now I see. The big DLCs are better deals from Paradox, at mostly 75% off compared to 66%, but a lot of the small DLCs are better deals from Steam, at 66% compared to 50%.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11421 on: December 22, 2016, 11:09:27 pm »

Right so... presently working on a pretty successful Muslim Merchant Republic, and I'm considering getting Reaper's Due. Would it be wise to wait until I'm finished with this (started in earliest start, about to close in on the year 1200, no Aztecs or Mongols yet) and then buy it, or add the very real possibility of getting immediately hammered by the Black Death in my current game?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11422 on: December 22, 2016, 11:30:45 pm »

Right so... presently working on a pretty successful Muslim Merchant Republic, and I'm considering getting Reaper's Due. Would it be wise to wait until I'm finished with this (started in earliest start, about to close in on the year 1200, no Aztecs or Mongols yet) and then buy it, or add the very real possibility of getting immediately hammered by the Black Death in my current game?

The Black Death was cool, but a little underwhelming. I expected a bunch of cool accompanying events, but all that happens is a ton of characters die, massive attrition for armies, provinces get "depopulated" (less levies + taxes, but it goes away after not too long) and... I think that's it. You hide in your castle until it goes away, and all is well. One time I  had a maxed out hospital in my capital by the time the plague hit, so it didn't even enter my capital province. YMMV, but I found it quite lackluster.

EDIT: This was on 2.6.1, dunno if 2.6.2 added much to it, but going off the patch notes, it doesn't seem like it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 12:08:34 am by Glloyd »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11423 on: December 22, 2016, 11:33:10 pm »

Muslim merchant republics are broken. Succession law gets all sorts of fucked up.

I've not experienced anything like that...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11424 on: December 22, 2016, 11:34:11 pm »

The black death actually exists in base game, it's just really silly. "Ok so now every province has black death, prepare to die".
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11425 on: December 23, 2016, 03:16:26 am »

Finally got the Horse Lords DLC. And in a few days, I might get the rest of the big DLCs.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11426 on: December 23, 2016, 01:16:50 pm »

If you haven't already, get the Old Gods, it's the best one IMO.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11427 on: December 23, 2016, 01:24:59 pm »

If you haven't already, get the Old Gods, it's the best one IMO.
Already had that one for a while now.
All I'm missing are the two latest ones, plus their content packs.
Not buying the ebooks though.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11428 on: December 23, 2016, 04:08:23 pm »

The Black Death was cool, but a little underwhelming. I expected a bunch of cool accompanying events, but all that happens is a ton of characters die, massive attrition for armies, provinces get "depopulated" (less levies + taxes, but it goes away after not too long) and... I think that's it. You hide in your castle until it goes away, and all is well. One time I  had a maxed out hospital in my capital by the time the plague hit, so it didn't even enter my capital province. YMMV, but I found it quite lackluster.

EDIT: This was on 2.6.1, dunno if 2.6.2 added much to it, but going off the patch notes, it doesn't seem like it.
Reaper's due also adds some other things, the most important of which being the new wound system. Now instead of generic maiming, you can lose an eye, leg, and so on.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11429 on: December 23, 2016, 04:52:59 pm »

Yeah disease in general did not live up to hype. There was one small touch however that I found immensely pleasurable, that of how disease is contracted based off of where the character location actually is and not their holdings. My capital holding was rather hygienic, isolated in the mountains and my character healthy - however he was a talented marshal, and got summoned to the Caliphate HQ in Bagdhad, right in the centre of the silk road.

Thus ended his life when plague struck

Generations later my characters had managed to stealthily conquer all of Jerusalem under a Christian banner from rival vassals, however my liege Caliph wanted to educate more and more of my children. I would have accepted however he wanted to educate my heirs too, bringing them to Bagdhad whilst there was an outbreak of plague. My continual rejection of his offers soured his mood immensely and convinced him I was rebellious, forcing me to ally with some rebellious heretics and one vassal whose wife cheated on him with the Caliph, thus sparking a civil war

The little things add up to big things nicely
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 1002