Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093499 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11355 on: December 10, 2016, 11:29:42 pm »

Steam Workshop mods tend to be horribly broken unless they are tiny. Download them manually.
How tiny and do we know why?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11356 on: December 11, 2016, 12:09:29 am »

Steam Workshop mods tend to be horribly broken unless they are tiny. Download them manually.
How tiny and do we know why?

Exaggeration, and mostly because the HUUUGE mods have to broken into multiple parts.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11357 on: December 11, 2016, 08:10:02 am »

I've got Anime Portraits on and the cute redhead children that I give land to keep turning into dumb Arabs when they grow up, working in opposite to my purpose of cuteifying the realm. I've already brownified Ireland,  do I have to invade Scotland and get some pureblooded redheads in my realm or is ethnicity a result of culture?

Make sure their parents are 100% redhead and have no Arab blood for at least two generations back. Should make you have the most chance of cuteification.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11358 on: December 11, 2016, 10:46:13 am »

I've got Anime Portraits on and the cute redhead children that I give land to keep turning into dumb Arabs when they grow up, working in opposite to my purpose of cuteifying the realm. I've already brownified Ireland,  do I have to invade Scotland and get some pureblooded redheads in my realm or is ethnicity a result of culture?

Make sure their parents are 100% redhead and have no Arab blood for at least two generations back. Should make you have the most chance of cuteification.
Ah, OK. I've been trying my hand at artificially changing things by messing with the cultures file, but I guess it's time for some eugenics. My only concern is that they'll self-determine who they marry and dilute their pure genes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11359 on: December 11, 2016, 11:03:47 am »

All cultures have a gfx_culture, their appearance type, associated with them. All freshly generated characters will have the gfx_culture be the one defined by their culture.

People with parents, however, will inherit their gfx_culture from either of their parents, seemingly at random, but will always receive the culture of the dominant spouse of a marriage or the mother in the case of bastards. As a child grows up, culture might change but gfx_culture cannot.

However, you could use the console to change people's gfx_vulture if you want to and isn't playing ironman. I often end up doing this when playing the GoTmod because the Targaryens keep breeding out their silver hair look.
Love, scriver~

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11360 on: December 11, 2016, 01:23:41 pm »

Ah, OK. I've been trying my hand at artificially changing things by messing with the cultures file, but I guess it's time for some eugenics. My only concern is that they'll self-determine who they marry and dilute their pure genes.

Honestly, if you really wanna be sure, you could revoke everything down to the barons and grant pure irish people titles. Starting from baronies if you can, as it will generate a character of your culture + religion. It won't need much eugenics and you get a few good years from them as the granted title bonus will last for a while.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11361 on: December 11, 2016, 01:48:17 pm »

it's easier to just hand the county/dukedom/kingdom to someone of the irish culture

the person themselves might not be the right colour (you racist <3) but they'll generate barons/counts/dukes of their own culture to hold those positions
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11362 on: December 11, 2016, 03:35:16 pm »

ples hep me

i wanan b cunt of smaland not cont of egan c
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11363 on: December 11, 2016, 03:59:27 pm »

If you're saying what I think you're saying, as long as you don't hold a duchy you should be able to switch your primary title from egan c to Smaland. You can switch between all top level titles at will.
Also, head to the doctor, I think you're having a stroke.
EDIT: oh, you're talking about the top post on this page. Why can't you just rock the Aegean Sea? Make like Brittania and rule, Saber! Rule the Waves.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 04:01:34 pm by Lukewarm »

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11364 on: December 11, 2016, 07:03:49 pm »

The exact same thing happened to me after some update. The Old Gods one I think? It went away eventually, without me doing anything specifically about it.

Try clearing your cache.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11365 on: December 11, 2016, 07:11:18 pm »

I have an issue. For some reason, probably after installing some Steam Workshop mods, the names of some provinces have changed. There is one province in Smaland which was (I think) renamed the Aegan Sea, a province near Pskov that is now known as the Gulf of Venice. The sea tiles of corresponding names are no simply known as province #. The problem is constant across two computers.

I've uninstalled all my mods except GoT, and I've used the steam in-built check file integrity option, but it didnt help. Do you guys know how to fix this?
ples hep me

i wanan b cunt of smaland not cont of egan c
Four minute guess: In your GoT mod folder, there should be map/definitions.csv and history/provinces filled with notepad files. If you open the former with notepad or scroll through the latter, you should find a list of provinces ordered by number, plus their names and some other information. I think the names are the codenames the game uses to look up their actual names somewhere else, but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure where this somewhere else is.

Anyway, if you can find the provinces in there, you'll have a clue. If you can't find the provinces in there, you can look them up in the, uh... where was it... common/landed titles/landed_titles.txt has them arranged hierarchically, so searching for d_assholeland will give you the Duchy of Assholeland, which will be followed by brackets containing all the counties within said duchy, so you can confirm that Smalamaland is named Smalalamand and not Sea of Aegen, at least internally.

If that that point there are no answers, presumably you need to track down where the game takes its internal names and makes them internal names. This information is beyond me, though I know you can create a... hold on lemme look up the tutorial, I don't actually know any of this myself... according to the thing, you can create a .csv localization file named anything containing the following:

#CODE;ENGLISH;FRENCH;GERMAN; ;SPANISH;;;;;;;;;x
PROV[province #];[Name];[French Name];[German Name];;[Spanish Name];;;;;;;;;x
c_[internal province name (the all lowercase one)]_adj;[English Adjective ("Smalalish" from "Samalaland", etc)];[French Adjective];[German Name];;[Spanish Name];;;;;;;;;x

and then just stuff it somewhere in the mod folder and it will work. It will presumably work less well if it's overwriting or being overwritten by something else, though.

The exact same thing happened to me after some update. The Old Gods one I think? It went away eventually, without me doing anything specifically about it.

Try clearing your cache.
This is probably a better idea.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11366 on: December 11, 2016, 07:57:56 pm »

-snip-
Yeah, the names in events, decisions, cultures, titles, and so on are all references to something in .csv files in the localization folder.

Been messing with that a lot lately since I decided to begin modding CK2.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11367 on: December 11, 2016, 09:50:28 pm »

it's easier to just hand the county/dukedom/kingdom to someone of the irish culture

the person themselves might not be the right colour (you racist <3) but they'll generate barons/counts/dukes of their own culture to hold those positions
This is what I do. I don't want to turn the entire world Greek, but when I need to populate an area and I don't happen to have someone who applies. For example, I wanted to make a Vassal Merchant Republic based in Barcelona, but the only Catalans in existence were Muslims under Hispania, and the Catalan Band (and they are Catholic so that doesn't even help me to begin with). So what I did was I found a pretext for war, sieged stuff down until I got some prisoners, ended the war, found one willing to be recruited into my court, converted him to Orthodoxy, and gave him some land. Couple days later he's found a couple friends to fill his court. I grab one that I like, plop that guy down, and repeat until satisfied.
-snip-
Yeah, the names in events, decisions, cultures, titles, and so on are all references to something in .csv files in the localization folder.

Been messing with that a lot lately since I decided to begin modding CK2.
Are there easy ways of handling those? I've successfully added stuff to Localization, but it's an annoying process and a process that bothersome makes it a lot harder to work up the motivation to do it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11368 on: December 12, 2016, 09:06:29 am »

Are there easy ways of handling those? I've successfully added stuff to Localization, but it's an annoying process and a process that bothersome makes it a lot harder to work up the motivation to do it.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. If it is adding new ones, you just find or create a new csv file in localization and place the new stuff there. If you want to edit existing stuff, you need to find where it is and change it. Simple as that. Though I recommend creating a mod instead of changing the base files.

Spoiler: Also, Dev Diary (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11369 on: December 12, 2016, 10:00:37 am »

Oh, my, and the system itself is free even if the items are not.  CK2+ and GoT should both be pleased with this, given that it means they'll be able to port over items like their existing holy relics and the Valyrian blades into the item system without locking out those who don't buy the DLC. 
Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 1002