Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093513 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11310 on: December 04, 2016, 06:06:41 am »

Ah yes, the dark age of my mass poetry recitals has arrived.

Hey, I recognise the thing in your avatar now!

It's an asshole.

(:P)
Love, scriver~

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11311 on: December 04, 2016, 12:01:02 pm »

I feel like playing this drunk would be an exercise in hilarious banter, frustration, and confusion. I'll do it one day.

What would be some good rules to turn this into a drinking game?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11312 on: December 04, 2016, 12:17:42 pm »

I feel like playing this drunk would be an exercise in hilarious banter, frustration, and confusion. I'll do it one day.

Every child born in your dynasty is worthy of a drink.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11313 on: December 04, 2016, 12:54:21 pm »

Every child born in your dynasty is worthy of a drink.
Bastards are two drinks, inbreds are three.

Expansion/Claim rules:

If you marry into inheritance or start a holy war, don't take a drink.
If you have to invite a claimant or assassinate a claimant/the title holder, take a drink.
If you're duke rank or higher and have to fabricate claims, take two drinks. If you're only a count, one drink.

War rules:

If you lose a battle due to superior numbers on the enemy's side, take a drink.
If one of your provinces gets fully occupied, take a drink.
If you lose a battle because the enemy got stupidly lucky, take two drinks.
If you lose a war because of unpredictable circumstances (e.g. second war declared out of the blue, leader is captured in battle,) take three drinks.
If you win a war, take a victory drink.

Succession rules:

If you have a nice, clean succession under Ultimogeniture, Primogeniture, Seniority, Elective, or Tanistry, no drinks.
If you have to get an undesirable heir out of the way, take a drink.
If you lose your primary title under Elective or lose a Merchant Republic election, take a drink.
If you have a messy succession under a Gavelkind law, take two drinks.
If a Gavelkind succession accidentally makes a secondary heir more powerful than the primary heir, take three drinks.
If you "cheat" under Gavelkind to get a desirable outcome, like getting secondary heirs out of the way or abusing bastard legitimization, take three drinks.

Title creation rules:

If you create a title through unification, no drinks.
If you usurp a title from a foreign power, take a drink.
If you usurp a title from a former liege, two drinks.

Misc:

If there's a revolt of any sort, take a drink. If it's a decadence revolt, take another drink.
Take a drink for every prisoner you ransom who you wouldn't have been penalized for executing.
If playing pagan, Jew, or Zoroastrian, finish your drink and get a new one if you reform the religion. Additionally, for any tribalists (pagan or not,) finish your drink if you switch to feudalism.
If a drunkard reveals one of your plots, take a drink.
If you get a special event from being lunatic, paranoid, possessed, or otherwise mentally unstable, take a drink. Take an extra drink if it's Jesus Gives Military Advice or Passes Insane Law.
If you become immortal with Reaper's Due, finish your drink.
If an adventurer sharks up a band of lawless resolutes, take a drink when he attacks.
Take a drink when you get a lifestyle trait.
If a crusade, jihad, or other great holy war is called, drinkus vult! Take another if you join the war but don't actually help, and take yet another if you don't join at all.
If you win a duel, take a victory drink.
If you go carousing or start a feast, take a drink, of course.

If nothing drink-worthy happens for three years, take a drink.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 01:01:52 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11314 on: December 04, 2016, 09:34:25 pm »

I can see it now.

"Roleplayers across the world were carted into local hospitals today, suffering from convulsions, blood toxicity, extreme inebriation, and even coma."
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11315 on: December 05, 2016, 12:08:57 am »

Pretty sure that's in the second image of QoL!  http://forumcontent.paradoxplaza.com/public/208495/upload_2016-11-28_14-59-28.png
Along with mass-releasing, if you're playing a naive kind ruler (:
I think they meant events related to mass executions. Like "You killed thirteen people today! Hooray! You piled them up like cordwood and set them all on fire. c:"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11316 on: December 05, 2016, 03:01:11 am »

@Descan - are you referring to Man o' Paper or the Paradox devs?
Love, scriver~

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11317 on: December 05, 2016, 03:09:32 am »

Referrin' to Paper Mario, yeah.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11318 on: December 05, 2016, 05:38:33 am »

I thought so after having looked at the original statement by him, that made the most sense context-wise, but since I originally took it to refer to the "them" in the quote (which would've meant Paradox), I just wanted to ask to be certain.

Since otherwise I would've objected, but now I agree.
Love, scriver~

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11319 on: December 05, 2016, 09:35:42 am »

Yep you guys got it, also, never been referred to as Paper Mario before.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11320 on: December 05, 2016, 12:03:29 pm »

what the next dlc is going to be about: Secret societies

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11321 on: December 05, 2016, 12:27:55 pm »

If I convert to a Wahhabi Muslim as part of a society, do I get a "Forced conversion" CB on everyone but me?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11322 on: December 05, 2016, 12:32:58 pm »

Fackin' Ummayads.

Trying to play as a Shia (now Hurufi, 'cause why not) tribe in Morocco trying to set up a Republic. Evidently hoping they wouldn't do anything, but the game was de-railed twice from them declaring war for my primary title, and since they're Sunni they kick me out and I lose. First time I had the Republic set up but I spent too much money to hire the mercenaries necessary to beat them back

Second time I was doing better, hadn't set up the Republic yet, but had the bits and pieces necessary I was just building up Anti-Atlas and Marrakech. Had fewer men, but had enough to get mercs and the tribal army to even the numbers. Then my ruler dies, I lose the tribals (wouldn't have done much against a pro army, anyway) then mess up by actually going to Span instead of waiting for them to cross the strait. Ah well. This was the game in which I had the demon spawn event for one of my daughters, which killed another 4 of my children. Kinda sad since she turned out really well in the end, and I didn't have the Tolerance necessary to put her on my Council.

So this time I'm having a wife and concubines pump out babies in order to get non-aggression pacts with the Ummayad sultan, the Ummayad sultan's heir, and the Ummayad sultan's heir's heir.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11323 on: December 05, 2016, 07:10:10 pm »

I can see it now.

"Roleplayers across the world were carted into local hospitals today, suffering from convulsions, blood toxicity, extreme inebriation, and even coma."
Just say "Take a drink when you get a notification" and police will rule your death a suicide.

Pretty sure that's in the second image of QoL!  http://forumcontent.paradoxplaza.com/public/208495/upload_2016-11-28_14-59-28.png
Along with mass-releasing, if you're playing a naive kind ruler (:
I think they meant events related to mass executions. Like "You killed thirteen people today! Hooray! You piled them up like cordwood and set them all on fire. c:"
Light on fire? Pshaw. You have so many options to use, why restrict yourself to fire?

Martha the Antichrist consistently preferred impaling (not surprising since she was, in fact, an impaler, but it was neat to see that the game noticed that); I like to believe she impaled some of them herself. Her son Dysmas the Saint shows a suprising preference for hanging (amusingly "Dysmas" is the Greek name of the penitent thief crucified next to Jesus, and I figure the Antichrists son has a hell of a lot ot be penitent over). It's like certain rulers prefer certain methods. I know that the game has some rules about which rulers do what and when, but I don't remember them.

Anyway the Dev Diary for today had me mildly worried about the supernatural stuff. I hope A): There will be a lot of different Sects and such about a wide variety of things and in different religions, and B): regardless of how many there are, I hope that secret societies will actually be secretive and stuff and that there won't be like, dozens of them everywhere and everyone is a member of one (having that happen periodically would be cool, all the time would be too much); C): I hope that there isn't too much in the way of the supernatural. That last image has me worried...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11324 on: December 05, 2016, 07:51:09 pm »

The good thing about supernatural events is that you can disable them, although I hope there's more options then always on or off.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 1002