Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093488 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11295 on: December 02, 2016, 04:55:37 pm »

inb4 balancing creates a bug where having both zero intrigue and being a carouser causes negative intrigue that is counted as unfathomably high.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11296 on: December 02, 2016, 06:25:38 pm »

Hope this adds some more options for resurrecting dead religions. I'd like to form a Roman Empire that brings back the imperial cult.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11297 on: December 02, 2016, 08:53:37 pm »

Finally. I've wanted to join other people's plots for ages.

Gonna make an intrigue 0 drunkard carouser and join everybody's plots.
You know as Martha the Antichrist I actually was the revealer for once. It was hilarious to me because I'd never seen that before; I assumed the game just made up it the drunkard message as a randomly generated "fuck you".

Also, seeing the 100+ plots constantly going on at all times in a largish-empire makes me yearn to do this, but I'll wait until the Intrigue QoL. Will also be super nice to sort through the LEGIONS of plots about killing Urist McGenericNoble#59 to see which ones I actually care about.
Hope this adds some more options for resurrecting dead religions. I'd like to form a Roman Empire that brings back the imperial cult.
You know as soon as I saw the first dev diary (which Teneb didn't copy) that referenced heresies and such, I've had this idea kicking around in my head for making a mod like that. Obviously, I'll wait until the DLC comes out before I start working on it, though.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11298 on: December 02, 2016, 08:55:58 pm »

which Teneb didn't copy

I am an incredibly petty and persistent man:
There's been a new dev diary.

Spoiler: Usual copy+paste (click to show/hide)

My guess is, aside from the obvious gnosticism, that we'll be getting more religion mechanics like monastic orders (such as the inquisitive Dominicans).

In mod-related news, Geheimnisnacht updated. Am happy.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11299 on: December 03, 2016, 12:21:38 am »

Perhaps the Hellenic religion from the history files will finally see some use.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11300 on: December 03, 2016, 01:21:22 am »

...I have ruined fixed history.

I destroyed a historic city of Rome (Papacy) during my Vikingr raid, inherited Frisia through 2 generations of clever manipulation of marriage ties (my wife inherited from her father Charlemagne - who never managed to have a son due to me imprisoning his wife decades ago, her inheritor was our son, I killed my wife, ..., profit), PyroDesu and I are currently conquering Britannia - where he will found the empire and be released as my vassal about 100 years after Charlemagne start... Scandinavia owns 1/3 of Ireland, 1/4th of England, all of Norway, Sweden, and Denmark, all of Pomerania, all of Finland, and a number of other bits, plus chunks of Frisia, Saxony, and Normandy, and once Britannia is formed we will crush the Catholics for ever.

Oh, and Vulga Bulgaria has exploded into its own eastern version of the Abassid Empire, the next emperor of the Byzantines happens to be my grandson, and We've burned the Venetian trade post to the ground no less than 20 times.

Say hello to my 10,000 man army and growing, foo's.

The Norse shall rise again, heathens.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 01:23:58 am by Ehndras »
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11301 on: December 03, 2016, 08:39:56 am »

The next DLC has been announced: Monks & Mystics. Here are the last dev diaries, since I didn't copy+paste them here awhile.
Thanks a lot for formatting and sharing these, BTW.  I'm not sure why I don't follow the dev diaries myself, but this has got me pretty hype!  Mostly just the QoL improvements-

Cults: Gnostic heresies may flourish and its is rumored that the worship of Satan continues in the darkened fringes of the world
OH RIGHT :D
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11302 on: December 03, 2016, 06:28:22 pm »

I'm explaining the new stuff to two people and of all the things I got excited about, the biggest one was the mass prisoner decisions. It just takes up so much time having to go through my prisoners individually to execute them. Mayhaps there will be special mass executions to go along with that...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11303 on: December 03, 2016, 06:31:39 pm »

Pretty sure that's in the second image of QoL!  http://forumcontent.paradoxplaza.com/public/208495/upload_2016-11-28_14-59-28.png
Along with mass-releasing, if you're playing a naive kind ruler (:
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11304 on: December 03, 2016, 07:22:37 pm »

Pffffffffft, 8 prisoners... Try being Norse and capturing 15 prisoners in one siege-raid. :P Multiply that by a good 30 raids...

Screw you and 3 generations of your bloodline, your marshal, your chancellor, his wife, and his 3 kids!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11305 on: December 03, 2016, 07:29:09 pm »

That is exactly why I'm so excited for this QoL improvement!  The ransom part of raiding will be much less tedious, oh yes.

And, obviously, if my character is cruel...  Well (:<
(execution?  No, no...)
She/they

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11306 on: December 03, 2016, 11:29:45 pm »

Ah yes, the dark age of my mass poetry recitals has arrived.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11307 on: December 04, 2016, 03:43:09 am »

Looks like it may be coming this year... and also looks like we'll never get playable theocrats.
Considering how The Republic worked out (it's a mess) playable theocrats were never in the cards. They don't even have proper dynastic inheritance.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11308 on: December 04, 2016, 03:43:51 am »

I feel like playing this drunk would be an exercise in hilarious banter, frustration, and confusion. I'll do it one day.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11309 on: December 04, 2016, 04:22:57 am »

On the topic of playable theocrats, I gave the Pope a test-run today. It's actually quite fun, in its own weird way, but the College of Cardinals for whatever reason doesn't get replacements when you do that so it ends up kinda weird quick; your heir just becomes whoever would have been the next Cardinal. It's kinda fun just focusing on expanding the religion instead of expanding your own territory, and having total control over Crusades is very nice.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 1002