Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093334 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11265 on: November 24, 2016, 11:50:41 pm »

I figured out how to pagan.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 11:54:32 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11266 on: November 25, 2016, 12:21:22 am »

Take Braunschweig for guaranteed !!FUN!!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11267 on: November 25, 2016, 02:48:13 am »

Problem is... All the Francias, possibly Italy, and others may join in.

Happened to me last Norse game >_<
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11268 on: November 25, 2016, 03:28:32 am »

Problem is... All the Francias, possibly Italy, and others may join in.

Happened to me last Norse game >_<
Just have to pick your battles.
I play CK2+ half the time, and I started as Lombardy (Became Italy) against the Neustrian blob...and took provincial France with 7000 troops! :D
Now the Empire is dying from Imperial decadence because I can't expand due to my maxed out infamy. :c
Has Austraisia, Bohemia, Africa, Croatia and Serbia.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 03:31:26 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11269 on: November 25, 2016, 03:37:14 am »

If anyone was waiting for reapers due to go on sale... it is. (25% off). All of ck2 stuff is 25-66% off. Actually most of paradox's stuff is on sale, with a few exceptions of things released in the last month or two.

Also in my current game i finally got my first immortal character (ironman) . He only lasted like 20 years after getting the trait though, died at 70 to an assassination. :(

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11270 on: November 25, 2016, 03:40:49 am »

Not me. I'm eating 3-day old white rice for Thanksgiving, no way in hell I can conjure up some digital monehs to buy DLC.

I will, however, continue to pound England until they are Germanic-Norse.

This is almost as fun as my Jewish-Norse Empire in EUIV.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11271 on: November 25, 2016, 03:55:55 am »

Bwaha. Who would have guessed it would have been the early trysts with a Bishop that led to me taking all Lombardy? I had two daughters (who were born before I even took control of this character), and amazingly, I realized this bishop was the youngest son of a Lombard King. I was all set to push my daughter-in-law's claim, but obviously, that would have been problematic because I wouldn't actually take Lombardy that way.

(Quick unrelated note: "Jesus gives Military Advice" is absolutely mad. +20 martial?!? I have a total of 50 martial right now. 9 base, +5 from Genius, +2 from Brave, +3 from Cruel +9 from Brilliant Strategist, +2 from Brawny, -1 from Slothful, and a whopping +20 from Jesus. 122.5% Morale offense, 87.5% Morale defense, and +70% in Plains, Steppes, and Farmlands. And +5 Personal Combat skill while we're at it. My Intrigue is also stupidly high, but that's because almost every bad trait gives you intrigue, and I got a hell of a lot of bad traits).

And I was looking through, desperately searching for a male claimant before the Lombard king recovered from his Consumption or died. But then I realized: that Bishop had an inheritable claim! If he died, my first-born daughter would be open. Well it turns out he was remarkably unpopular, and some subtle manipulations later and I'm gloriously pressing my first-born's claim. Lombardy never stood a chance. Another piece of good news is people have started to forget about my massive tyranny earlier, so my vassals don't all hate me and everything I stand for.

...But I now have a new problem. My vassal issue is about to explode. Almost all of Italy is composed of lords and such, and almost the whole lot of them are Feudal, not Viceroys. Meaning they all hate my guts, and it's gonna be hard to take it from them without incurring a million years Tyranny (I'm an Elective Monarchy, so I can't just totally ignore them and revoke everything, because they'll vote some Bulgarian idiot into power if they hate me too much). In the immediate term, my daughter has Lombardy, and I won't be able to fix anything until I take the Kingdom title from her, but if I do that my vassals will hate me. My daughter loves me too much to plot or anything (and I'd like to keep it that way if possible), so unless I personally somehow get a claim on the title I have issues.

The other issue is a lot more fun: I'm now only three duchies away from reforming Rome, and only one from the Pentarchy. Two of the duchies are Antioch and Jerusalem, both missing one county. The other, though, is the Pope. How does one conquer the Pope? I need to conquer the Pope. I'm this close to reforming Rome as the Antichrist, and all that stands in my way is the Pope, the Emir of Galilee, and the Sheikh of Archa. Most of the (muslim) Middle East has coalesced behind the new Caliphate, the Shiites, and the Sultan of Africa (whom I just realized owns no land in Africa whatsoever, and in fact I will be able to usurp that title as soon as my gold goes over 200), but fortunately none of them stand in my way unless I Holy War for the remaining land. So close.
Also in my current game i finally got my first immortal character (ironman) . He only lasted like 20 years after getting the trait though, died at 70 to an assassination. :(
I keep expecting my demon spawn to get instantly killed by sex or something. Losing an Immortal character is probably worse though; I didn't even really do anything to get a Demonspawn, while Immortality is a really hard event to pull off and super risky. I'd be really pissed if my Immortal didn't live past like, 200.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 03:57:38 am by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11272 on: November 25, 2016, 04:09:36 am »

and a whopping +20 from Jesus.

I hereby claim this as MINE

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11273 on: November 25, 2016, 07:14:23 am »

"Jesus gives Military Advice" is absolutely mad. +20 martial?!?
Jesus has a PhD in Military Science.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11274 on: November 25, 2016, 01:18:21 pm »

"Jesus gives Military Advice" is absolutely mad. +20 martial?!?
Jesus has a PhD in Military Science.

Yeah, leading the armies of heaven on Judgement Day is kinda something you want someone with a doctorate to do.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11275 on: November 25, 2016, 02:01:19 pm »

"Have you tried turning the other cheek?"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11276 on: November 25, 2016, 06:40:31 pm »

Just bought the Crusader Kings II Collection, which was on sale on Steam.
Unfortunately, none of the latest DLCs are included.. Not even Horse Lords.
I suppose I will have to wait with those, until they might be on sale for Christmas..
* Ultimuh sighs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11277 on: November 25, 2016, 06:43:38 pm »

Just bought the Crusader Kings II Collection, which was on sale on Steam.
Unfortunately, none of the latest DLCs are included.. Not even Horse Lords.
I suppose I will have to wait with those, until they might be on sale for Christmas..
* Ultimuh sighs.
Yeah, the collection is misleading. You could just refund if it turns out that buying stuff individually is cheaper.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11278 on: November 25, 2016, 06:51:13 pm »

Yeah, the collection is misleading. You could just refund if it turns out that buying stuff individually is cheaper.
Unfortunately, this isn't the case.
edit: Wait... Checking something..
edit2: Nevermind.. Even if it were, I would still have to wait a day or two before I get any refunds..
edit3: Nope, it wouldn't be.

I guess that until I get the newer DLCs, I could always play with the Elder Kings mod. As it doesn't really seem to need any of them.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 08:06:14 pm by Ultimuh »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11279 on: November 26, 2016, 12:07:08 pm »

My most played mod, the game of thrones one, doesn't really need any of the newer DLCs (unless you want to play as Dothraki, for example). A lot of the stuff that's been added by the latest DLC were already featured in the GoTmod, and iirc is still available if you don't own the DLC in question.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 1002