Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092788 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11130 on: October 12, 2016, 11:46:04 am »

There is a modo out on the workshop now that grants disconnected non de-jure territories independence from any realm upon the death of their ruler. Check it out for reduced border gore.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11131 on: October 12, 2016, 12:19:54 pm »

Oh? Give me a name/link please? I might just slip that in for tonight. Because I forgot to have it up and running last night :P

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11132 on: October 12, 2016, 01:49:16 pm »

Exclave Independence is the name.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=773182774

EDIT: Don't know if it works  with CK2+, but it's in my other mod-super-list.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 01:52:21 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11133 on: October 12, 2016, 02:36:26 pm »

Cool. I'll see if it works later today. Hopefully, it won't mess up things too bad.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11134 on: October 14, 2016, 01:06:38 pm »

Aight, I've got another multiplayer after action report for you guys.

I haven't played MP since the recent updates where they allowed you to customize the start. Yesterday was the first time I got to see how fun it can be.

So we've got three people. Myself, A guy who we will call Shane (relevant because my character's family name is MURDER SHANE), and Guy C.

The options we enabled were... basically everything. So unlimited demense, no regencies, extra plagues and illnesses, random invasions, anyone can raid, anyone can duel anyone, unlimited diplomacy range, assassinate button, gender equality, unlimited torture, etc.

We started in 1066 after William conquered England. Shane took William (the slimy bastard), Guy C took Norge (aka, the son of the guy who failed to take England), and I took Hungary.

So we'll go play by play.

------

Shane

1. Wrecks everyone with his massive event troops and unlimited money and resources. Also doesn't have any council to worry about so he starts consolidating all his power under himself with unlimited demense.
2. Shits on France, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, etc.
3. Dies to Smallpox.
4. Next kid dies to Camp Fever.
5. Now is another kid, but has no vassals to speak of with 47,000 troops.

---------

Guy C

1. Gets owned by Scotland due to Scotland trying to reclaim their Northern lands.
2. Realizes all his lands are tribal and all his neighbours are tribal and he can't use them because he's feudal.
3. Manages to convince council to give him power to revoke.
4. Starts NK-mode but there's not much to take in Norge anyway.
5. Manages to survive the Smallpox plague, but character still gets it anyway after it leaves.

--------

Myself

1. Accidentally give away a demense to a vassal's son.
2. Realize I can't revoke anything due to council.
3. Get involved in three major civil wars due to Hungary having 4 powerful dukes.
4. Holy war some nomads to claim some land to work with.
5. Get invaded by Bohemia's Son of Satan. Also religious revolts.
6. Beg for money from the other players.
7. Manage to get revoking laws passed.
8. Revoke everything.
9. Obtain Son of Lucifer title after amputating every single limb from a prisoner.

--------

We're thinking the battleground is going to be the Holy Roman Empire since all of us flank it. Eventually we will reach each other and fight.

I also highly recommend getting no regencies for MP games. It's so much better.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11135 on: October 15, 2016, 06:15:15 pm »

I'll change this over to the news A Game of Thrones has updated for Reaper's Due, then.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 08:11:43 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 03:02:40 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11137 on: October 16, 2016, 01:30:33 pm »

Interesting. Don't know much about GoT, but it's still interesting to see the thing play out :P

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11138 on: October 16, 2016, 02:36:00 pm »

Interesting. Don't know much about GoT, but it's still interesting to see the thing play out :P

I know.  Heck, I booted it to run again while I'm away and wound up finding out that the Little Finger, Lonely Light, another Iron Island, and, under one ruler, Caterly Rock and Lannisport were Pirate Fleets as well.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11139 on: October 16, 2016, 03:01:17 pm »

Your link as it stands is a bit messed up, but I assume this was what you were trying to link?

The Drowned God being in the middle of the inland Dothraki is kindof hilarious.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11140 on: October 16, 2016, 06:06:18 pm »

I need a new mod.  Took a quick look at it when I got back, and while the Aztecs managed to conquer the Trident and the Wildling Kingdom collapsed, nothing else has changed.  It's been 125 yeas!  There should not be this many singular counties!

Maybe I'll try using the random map mod I had attempted to start a multiplayer game with...might as well get some use out of it since no one showed up for that...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11141 on: October 16, 2016, 06:10:31 pm »

Maybe I'll try using the random map mod I had attempted to start a multiplayer game with...might as well get some use out of it since no one showed up for that...
You need to schedule these things in advance.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11142 on: October 16, 2016, 07:06:40 pm »

You need to schedule these things in advance.

Yeah, that would probably would result in getting a better turnout.  Are people available on Monday, Wednsday, Friday, or Saturday for a multiplayer game?  Maybe using the mod I'm going to be doing the timelapse with?

Edit: Forgot to put up a link: This is the mod, by the way.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11143 on: October 16, 2016, 11:14:39 pm »

Here's the second part of the Game of Thrones run through.  While a couple interesting things have occurred, I think you can see why I want to move on.  While I may do a later run to see how a couple things are pulled off, it's a little too stagnant in most areas.

Besides, the mod contains a real kickass empress that, if you look at the third and second from the last bookmarks, managed to conquer the entire western continent in a year after starting from one of the smallest kingdoms over there, apparently spreading the religion of that area across the current territory.  Granted, upon her death things fell apart, but her son managed to expand from holding only roughly 1/4 to roughly 1/2 the land on the continent before he died (conquering a few areas she didn't, specifically a few tribes on one penninsula that were never conquered before then), leaving his conquests to his son under regency, with one kingdom falling to the guy's youngest due to it being Ultimgoture rather than Primgoture.  And that's only 25 years in only one of the kingdoms.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11144 on: October 18, 2016, 08:19:08 pm »

Managed to get this game running on my low-end computer. Continuing from the learning scenario, I've formed the Empire of Hispania, but kind of made a pig's breakfast of divvying out titles. Now the realm has to be held together by a paranoid coward with negative diplomacy skill.

I've some questions for veteran players:
1) How often should I improve my holdings/build new holdings? I've been doing this sporadically, but the high costs make me leery of building too much too quickly.
2) How much plot power does one typically need to pull off an assassination? I had 100+ percent on one plot, and it triggered about six times over the course of a decade, but each time failed and I was discovered; the intended victim died of old age before I got to him.

Also, about DLC: I don't have Charlemagne, Horse Lords, Way of Life, Conclave, or Reaper's Due. Are these all pretty good? Are some better than others?
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 1002