Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092693 times)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11102 on: September 26, 2016, 01:09:58 pm »

Yus. It's very fun. Not the best at the moment, but honestly considering what we have got, it's a lot better than nothing. If rivers were added plus some additional options during history generation itself, IE having areas be explicitly marked to not advance as quick/the ability to customize what religions will follow and if there's a limit on a certain quality in a religion, it'd be freaking awesome.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #11103 on: September 30, 2016, 04:22:05 pm »

Does anyone know when the outcome of duels is decided?  I saved just after being challenged to a duel because I've heard that duels are pretty BS, and even though it says "My chances of winning are good" I've lost 5/5 times so far.  Do I just have bad RNG or was the outcome decided the moment I accepted?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11104 on: September 30, 2016, 04:29:03 pm »

Does anyone know when the outcome of duels is decided?  I saved just after being challenged to a duel because I've heard that duels are pretty BS, and even though it says "My chances of winning are good" I've lost 5/5 times so far.  Do I just have bad RNG or was the outcome decided the moment I accepted?
There is a personal dueling skill that plays a big part in it. You can check it on the shield icon below your character's stats.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #11105 on: September 30, 2016, 04:31:07 pm »

There is a personal dueling skill that plays a big part in it. You can check it on the shield icon below your character's stats.
I just checked it, and I have a 3 to his 2.  I tried running it again and I lost(and died) 2 more times.  7/7 deaths so far, and I'm still confused as to why it happens.  It the Norse Duel in case that has any effect on how it decides who wins.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11106 on: October 08, 2016, 09:58:12 am »

http://imgur.com/a/OIfAq

Here is what happens when I leave a game overnight. Which ends up crashing.

I don't have many words besides NFSL warning because border gore.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11107 on: October 08, 2016, 10:28:30 am »

http://imgur.com/a/OIfAq

Here is what happens when I leave a game overnight. Which ends up crashing.

I don't have many words besides NFSL warning because border gore.

I was like 'well, this isn't that strange'. Then I saw the religious map. I've never seen the Ai spread its religion quite like that.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11108 on: October 08, 2016, 10:37:06 am »

Interesting how, based upon the religion map, the Aztecs managed to establish an empire with similar borders to the Carolingian Empire (swapping Italy for Spain) and spread their Religion iin similar scope to the Carolingian s and Catholicism.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11109 on: October 08, 2016, 10:44:11 am »

Yeah. I have no mods that increase religious conversion speed AFAIK. I mean. Ck2plus could have some modifiers to that. The Aztecs just... Collapsed after a bit. It's kinda hilarious because I was expecting the mongols to show up overnight. It seems I was wrong though. I set both invasions to random, sooo... Yeah. It is interesting though. Kinda interesting in what's happened. I wonder how it'll turn out when I leave it up again overnight. Because after that hilarity, I can't wait to see how it'll go again :P

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11110 on: October 08, 2016, 10:50:41 am »

Yeah. I have no mods that increase religious conversion speed AFAIK. I mean. Ck2plus could have some modifiers to that. The Aztecs just... Collapsed after a bit. It's kinda hilarious because I was expecting the mongols to show up overnight. It seems I was wrong though. I set both invasions to random, sooo... Yeah. It is interesting though. Kinda interesting in what's happened. I wonder how it'll turn out when I leave it up again overnight. Because after that hilarity, I can't wait to see how it'll go again :P

Doesn't CKII+ have a 12.31.9999 end date?  Might be interesting to do this each night for a week or two, posting updates once a day.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11111 on: October 08, 2016, 10:54:55 am »

Huh. It does.

Why not. I'll try my best to not forget. Might be in the afternoon on the weekdays, but besides that might as well. Something interesting to look at at the very least :P

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11112 on: October 09, 2016, 07:52:50 am »

Double post! Yay.

You know how border gore usually gets better?

It didn't.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11113 on: October 09, 2016, 09:42:28 am »

Double post! Yay.

You know how border gore usually gets better?

It didn't.

Ugliest borders I've ever seen.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11114 on: October 09, 2016, 09:48:47 am »

Haven't heard of the 'Name Placement' CB.  What is it?
Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 1002