Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 738 739 [740] 741 742 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092601 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11085 on: September 17, 2016, 02:17:18 pm »

SWMH, as a part of the HIP mod.

I have no idea what those acronyms mean.
The first one is the name of the map, the second one is the name of the larger overhaul mod which contains it. You can find it on the Paradox forums. It's pretty cool, and modular. Don't use the VIET module unless you love referential humor and the fact that "cock" means both "rooster" and "penis" is hilarious to you.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11086 on: September 17, 2016, 10:57:39 pm »

... look at all the things they got! ...

wow,this Knýtling AAR of CK1 in your link is hilarious...

Correct! If you haven't read it already, you should.
Oh wow, this is great.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11087 on: September 18, 2016, 12:41:35 am »

So I've never seen the AI so willing to screw over a dynasty before. My heir who has good intrigue decided to become a master seducer. He has eight bastards, of which one he legitimised. The only one he legitimised? One born of incest with his sister, Princess Oldlenna of Cornwall, when they were both 16. I assassinated the shit out of the inbred infant, because I am NOT having an heir with Inbred as a trait. Unfortunately, I was discovered and got Kinslayer and Known Murderer, so stability's going to be a concern when Prince Flanders the town bicycle inherits.

Note the youngest sister in that image of Oldlenna. That's Gwenn. She's 13. She'll come into play later.
Four years pass, various wars occur, and I keep an eye on Flanders. He has horrible skills besides a good intrigue, and he's got nasty opinion maluses with nearly every one of his own relations besides women, who have that titanic +50 Master Seducer Attraction bonus.

I do too, as I've now got those two terrible traits causing stability issues. Next thing I know, Gwenn comes of age, a year later:

Spoiler: goddamnit Flanders (click to show/hide)

He's seduced his other sister too! By this stage, Flanders has eight children, two with his wife, Countess Denise Parisy, and six bastards to various shitstains.

Spoiler: Flander's total issue: (click to show/hide)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11088 on: September 18, 2016, 12:51:51 am »

...And he isn't of the Zoroastrian faith or one of its heresies?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11089 on: September 18, 2016, 01:41:42 am »

...And he isn't of the Zoroastrian faith or one of its heresies?

Nope. Supposedly good catholic. Thankfully, one of his brothers assassinated his two other heirs, Eguen and Geofroi, and then another brother assassinated Flanders. Nonetheless, it'll be an interesting few years for Cornwall.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11090 on: September 18, 2016, 11:59:42 am »

Stupid sexy Flanders.
Love, scriver~

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11091 on: September 18, 2016, 12:18:13 pm »

Huh. Weiiiird.

On another note...

* Iceblaster makes some stupid page count joke.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11092 on: September 18, 2016, 12:20:44 pm »

Huh. Weiiiird.

On another note...

* Iceblaster makes some stupid page count joke.

Don't know what post count you are using, but on 25 posts per page, we're currently on the Charlegmagne start date in terms of page count.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11093 on: September 18, 2016, 12:26:06 pm »

thatsthejoke.jpg

or something. am not good at memes.

AAAANYWAYS, I've been playing Ck2+ in 1066 start as the Jewish Khagan of Saray. Interesting things of note: The Bolghars subjugated the massive kingdom of Kiev. Also, Norway won against England and ended up losing it in a generation due to gavelkind BS. The House of Wessex now rules over England. Also, the house of De Leon has taken the Reconquistador kingdoms. Currently all rulers and heirs are female. Wondering if absolute cognatic will arise from this :P

EDIT: So it turns out the queens of castille and leon are twins.

Interesting. Can't believe I didn't notice that.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 02:14:15 pm by Iceblaster »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11094 on: September 19, 2016, 12:21:59 am »

So the Crusade for Arabia was won. By me. I got the entire de-jure duchy of Oman (it's a nice slab of land, but disconnected by sea and desert), and two connected provinces in the middle of the freaking desert, surrounded by Seljuk Mesopotamia on one side and the heart of the Fatimids on the other. Wew.

So then what? Something interesting. A Fatimid Prince decided to adventure for Anatolia (another Crusader Kingdom held by me). He loses. I imprison him. And while doing other things, I notice I have the opportunity to demand his religious conversion, which releases him. Curious (I could have sworn earlier he was zealous), I do so. He converts, drags his wife over to my court and converts her, and settles there. He has a claim on Anatolia... and the Fatimids (who are the rulers of Arabia, Cairo, sections of Egypt, and more than half of Nubia). An idea hatches. I land him (in, of course, one of my two provinces sitting in the middle of the Arabian desert), then I make a war for his claim, calling in Castille to aid me. The Fatimids are in the middle of wars with the Byzantines, Absynnia, and a (relatively) small revolt, so this is promising.

(meanwhile I get the traderoutes event. It goes to the Minaids (who broke off in a decadence revolt way back), who rule all of Egypt except Cairo (which is the capital of the Fatimids, amusingly), and a strip of land at the bottom which is also Fatimid. Somehow I become friends with the Sultan of Egypt through this. While waging war for territory that includes Mecca and Medina. Oh well.)

It goes well. Too well. I win, and revoke the Fatimids from my Prince friend while he still is a powerful king with literally only one county to his name (since this isn't Ironman, I tested letting him keep it, but he creates the Kingdom of Nubia if I let him go, which prevents me from taking everything). Now about a third of the entire Islamic world is under my thumb. The Shia Caliph is based in south Nubia (they own quite a lot of land there, incidentally), and is now my Spymaster. The abundance of really big, powerful vassals in the Muslim section of my Empire means that all the major people who could pose serious threats are in the council.

Couple questions.
Number 1: wat do.
Number 2: I have Religious title revocation. I could revoke everything, although it would probably lead to a lot of revolts and potentially destabilize the realm. Do I want to? I'm not sure there are enough courtiers to own all of this, even. I could land every single member of my family, that's an idea. I'd like to remake Arabia in a Christian image, but I don't want piss off my vassals. I could also ask vassals to convert, but I'm not sure what the results of that would be).
Number 3: The Kingdom of Absynnia got nothing out of the deal. I'd like to let them become a powerful bastion of Miaphysitism in East Africa (ideally let them take Egypt, but at least all of de-jure Nubia), but, obviously, I own it. Or rather, I own people who own it, which is an important difference. I have the option to create the Kingdom of Nubia, so theoretically I could set them independent (ideally with a Christian ruler) and see how that works out.
Number 4: The Shia Caliph soon called a Jihad, which spooked me, until I realized it was for Jerusalem. Besides being hilarious (Surely they'd rather call a Jihad agains the Infidel holding Mecca? Can he not call a Jihad against his liege? Is it because he is in the Council?), what does that mean for me? It was a Shia Jihad: The Fatimids were one of the only Shiite powers (the Minaids in Egypt are the other). If one of my vassals win, do I gain the Kingdom of Jerusalem? That would be hilarious, I admit.
Number 5: ...what now? I wasn't expecting to win. It's stable, even, at least for now (no telling what succession is like).
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11095 on: September 19, 2016, 12:04:45 pm »

1. Stabilize, convert, and prettify borders.
2. Revoke everything, but not all at once. Do one segment of the empire at a time.
3. They can be powerful even under your rule. Let them be the only kingdom after you're done revoking, if you like. Or the only hereditary one.
4. He can't call jihad on his liege. If he succeeds, the kingdom will probably pass to one of your vassals. You could then revoke it for yourself, should you do please.
5. Empire of Arabia and Persia and any other place still held by heathens of any sort. Deus Vult.

Also, post a screen shot while you're at it. I want to see those borders.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 12:15:11 pm by Cruxador »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11096 on: September 19, 2016, 12:41:08 pm »

One has to remark that men ought either to be well treated or crushed, because they can avenge themselves of lighter injuries, of more serious ones they cannot; therefore the injury that is to be done to a man ought to be of such a kind that one does not stand in fear of revenge.
The Romans never allowed a trouble spot to remain simply to avoid going to war over it, because they knew that wars don't just go away, they are only postponed to someone else's advantage. Therefore, they made war with Philip and Antiochus in Greece, in order not to have to fight them in Italy... They never went by that saying which you constantly hear from the wiseacres of our day, that time heals all things. They trusted rather their own character and prudence — knowing perfectly well that time contains the seeds of all things, good as well as bad.
- Niccolo Machiavelli

tl;dr: Destroy them now or regret it later.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11097 on: September 19, 2016, 03:02:12 pm »

The old gods rise!

So yeah. This has been a pretty interesting run XD

EDIT: Have I mentioned I love the new music? Because I love it :3
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 03:07:21 pm by Iceblaster »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11098 on: September 19, 2016, 05:24:15 pm »

Revoke the titles and give them to people who share your culture. Forced religious conversion makes them like you more since the infidel modifier is stronger, but the culture issues will remain for a long time afterwards and redistribution now is the quickest way of preventing that.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 738 739 [740] 741 742 ... 1002