Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092558 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11070 on: September 13, 2016, 03:58:48 pm »

Interesting. Thanks!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11071 on: September 13, 2016, 04:14:44 pm »

Is there any way to improve the chance to fabricate claims on a county? It seems like it's taking forever, even with a 22 Diplomacy chancellor.
Nope. Basically you can only pray to the RNG gods.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11072 on: September 13, 2016, 04:44:27 pm »

Depending on who your chancellor is, you can periodically check their gold balance. If they don't generally make 50 gold very quickly, you'll know when they've been bribed.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11073 on: September 13, 2016, 10:55:03 pm »

Well... You're still in the business of Eugenics. Which is what CKII is really all about anyways.
I wish it were moreso personally.
I heard from TVtropes that in the first game the actual numbers for your stats would transfer a bit instead of being based entirely around traits.

So apparently you could end up late game with everyone in the 20s/30s because of evolution.
Which SOUNDS SO FUCKING AWESOME I WANT IT SO BAD.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11074 on: September 13, 2016, 11:17:58 pm »

Well... You're still in the business of Eugenics. Which is what CKII is really all about anyways.
I heard from TVtropes that in the first game the actual numbers for your stats would transfer a bit instead of being based entirely around traits.

So apparently you could end up late game with everyone in the 20s/30s because of evolution.

What I really want to see is the end game screen to be like it was in the first game.  I mean seriously, look at all the things they got!  All we got is the combined prestige/piety score.  You need the Charlegmagne DLC for something neat for the end screen in this game.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11075 on: September 13, 2016, 11:23:33 pm »

What I really want to see is the end game screen to be like it was in the first game.  I mean seriously, look at all the things they got!  All we got is the combined prestige/piety score.  You need the Charlegmagne DLC for something neat for the end screen in this game.
If it makes you feel better, I'm fairly certain that was a third-party tool called Dynastic Glory.  I certainly don't recall most of those from the base game, but with all of the character data saved in a plain-text file, it wasn't that difficult to pull and collate the data.  Actually, the score sheet at the end of CK2 is pretty fancy compared to what was in older games.  F'rex, in CK1, it seems only your last monarch was actually scored since things like dynastic prestige or any accumulation of prestige/piety wasn't tracked; you could build a dynasty that made the Karlings look like pikers ruling an empire that would make Augustus Caesar choke, and still end up tanking the final tally because your last king happened to be a five-year-old in his minority.  Actually, truth be told, I barely even remember the CK1 scoring system since it was such an afterthought.  I had to look that much up. 

Also, yes, eugenics in the original game was hilarious.  Part of the reason some third-party utilities existed was purely just to pull out character data so you could find the potential marriage candidates with huge...base/genetic stewardship scores, though you could also get a feel for it by looking for the largest final stewardship scores in the ledger and glancing through their traits to see what was a trait bonus and what would be passed on to the next generation.  Honestly, I can't say I miss it too much, though.  It did get pretty ridiculous, and the charm did pall a bit after a while.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 11:33:29 pm by Culise »

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11076 on: September 14, 2016, 12:29:41 am »

... look at all the things they got! ...

wow,this Knýtling AAR of CK1 in your link is hilarious...

Quote from: Knýtling
I send all my problems to church. Because I hate God. And myself.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:31:15 am by Nelia Hawk »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11077 on: September 14, 2016, 03:30:56 am »

... look at all the things they got! ...

wow,this Knýtling AAR of CK1 in your link is hilarious...

Correct! If you haven't read it already, you should.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11078 on: September 14, 2016, 06:52:49 am »

You need the Charlegmagne DLC for something neat for the end screen in this game.
I don't have Charlemagne. What do you get?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11079 on: September 14, 2016, 09:05:54 am »

Question, guys. Playing with the great HIP mod, but I'm not sure it's relevant.

I'm currently an Emir in the Marrakesh area, circa 810 AD, and in order to expedite feudalization, I swore fealty to the Spanish Sultan, just north of me. Thing is, the great Mali warlord to my south covets one of my provinces, and lately he's been declaring war on the Sultan to seize it.

If I were to have a non-aggression pact with the Mali tribal king, would it stop him from declaring war to get a piece of my direct realm (and indirectly the Sultan's) or have I become irrelevant and it's a matter between kings now? I had one as my current character's father, and there was no war until shortly after his death. Coincidence?

Problem is Mali shows up with 6k troops and a ton of archers (1k+) and nobody can seem to wear them down. The bulk of the Sultan's army defeated that stack once but later went south and got devastated by attrition, so the current situation is a mess, with my liege's and his allies' armies unable to coordinate and being constantly defeated piecemeal by the consolidated Mali force.

Meanwhile, my provinces are being sieged with impunity and my levy sources drained. If this keeps up, the Sultan's bound to lose the war and my province. My ultimate plan is to declare independence, but despite all these disruptions and civil wars, the Sultan always somehow manages to prioritize me and scrounge enough troops to put me down.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11080 on: September 14, 2016, 09:17:48 am »

It'd be the kings now. They're declaring war on the sultan, not you. The NAP would only stop you from attacking him.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11081 on: September 14, 2016, 12:44:16 pm »

I really need to form a kingdom :|
As a duke-level trade republic, I just tried again to become a direct vassal of the Emperor instead of the Ecumenical Patriarchy (Titular theocratic kingdom).  Said Patriarchy almost entirely consists of lands on the other side of the empire, and I still have to conquer my liege's lands to gain independence (instead of just holding my own, which makes more sense to me).

I figured the emperor would just undo my revolution again almost instantly, but I'd have a brief period of time to attack some other vassals.  I *think* those wars would delay me being transferred back to the Patriarch.

Instead, the emperor enforced realm peace...  when I was at 86% warscore :'(
Seems kinda wack that that even works against independence wars.  I guess it wouldn't stop a direct vassal since they stop being vassals for the duration of the war.  I was technically a direct vassal of the emperor during my attempts at revolution, even got on the council once.

Still though...  Since there's no option to declare independence from your liege's liege (only one step at a time), it would be impossible for me leave the Byzantine Empire right now if I wanted to.

Also, haha, my tributary (Lombardy) just joined a war against me!  I thought we were considered allies or something.
I kinda messed up that war, too.  I pushed my daughter-in-law's claim for a county in Carpathia in hope that being married to my imbecile (literally) son would be enough to make her a vassal.  Unfortunately test is inconclusive, since her title is actually a duchy...  So yeah she took my son and became a fellow vassal of the Patriarch.  Meh.  Their kids will be nobles of my dynasty, and that's something.

I let out some frustration by using like a third of my election fund to have my biggest rival family murdered.  One by one, including the children, until I inherited everything.  Maybe "realm peace" and "can't county conquest across the sea" are a bit crap, and pressing claims is confusing, but I have 23/14 trade posts and my rivals are dead!  It's kinda overdue...  my character is a cruel craven drunk lunatic.

Now if only I could county claim bits of Africa, instead of just single cities...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11082 on: September 16, 2016, 07:11:28 pm »

The random map generator is really cool. I almost had one empire take over the largest continent on the map before exploding into a bunch of small kingdoms.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11083 on: September 16, 2016, 07:25:45 pm »

I just wished it worked on mac. :C
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11084 on: September 16, 2016, 07:30:33 pm »

The random map generator is really cool. I almost had one empire take over the largest continent on the map before exploding into a bunch of small kingdoms.

It sadly keeps failing to load for me.  Don't know why.  I'm going to keep waiting for new editions and try 'em out until one works.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 1002