Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092498 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11055 on: September 12, 2016, 11:55:25 pm »

Clearly not the same in micro-managing every aspect of your domain :P

Excuse me for having an opinion that clashes with your own.
You do realize my entire post says, it's fine for you to have an opinion of your own, right?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11056 on: September 12, 2016, 11:58:03 pm »

You do realize my entire post says, it's fine for you to have an opinion of your own, right?
I am focusing very specifically on being called a freakjob for disliking having aspects of a game automated by something that can't do it the way it needs to be done, so your message was lost in a filter of rage and indignation.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11057 on: September 13, 2016, 12:06:13 am »

I am focusing very specifically on being called a freakjob for disliking having aspects of a game automated by something that can't do it the way it needs to be done, so your message was lost in a filter of rage and indignation.
Alright then.

You have been excused. We have deigned to allow it. We are but a merciful and just ruler and we will not mercilessly belittle those beneath our station. You may remove yourself, and we shall forget this transgression.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11058 on: September 13, 2016, 12:08:26 am »

Bearing in mind there is now a plot on your life/to install your imbecile cousin/generally be annoying, and you have neglected to activate the "stop plotters" setting.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11059 on: September 13, 2016, 07:52:30 am »

You don't like Dwarf Therapist? How do you even play DF?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11060 on: September 13, 2016, 08:00:12 am »

You're saying Dwarf Therapist is an automated tool that can't manage dwarves the way it needs to be done?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11061 on: September 13, 2016, 09:26:08 am »

I've played DF since 2008 and never used Dwarf Therapist. Sad that some people can't handle the game the way it was meant to be played, but then some people put ketchup on steak, too.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11062 on: September 13, 2016, 11:44:48 am »

I've played DF since 2008 and never used Dwarf Therapist. Sad that some people can't handle the game the way it was meant to be played, but then some people put ketchup on steak, too.
The thing is, the in-build interface isn't really how it was meant to be played. Toady doesn't care about the interface, it's just there because there has to be some kind of interface, and the current one is there because people found its predecessor to be so woefully inadequate. But it's not meant to be played that way. It's not really meant to be played any way, the details on the front-end are just not considered important or relevant at all, except in that their creation detracts from work on other stuff.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11063 on: September 13, 2016, 12:59:05 pm »

I don't use dwarf therapist. I've never found the interface cumbersome. I admit, I use the DFhack inbuilt one when possible, but besides that I've never thought having a second window up to be fun in casual play. If I was documenting, sure I might because it'd be easier in the later stages, but when I play I don't use it.

Call me a heretic or someone who's a horrible person, but honestly, I think this whole discussion is a bit pointless. People play the game the way they want to :v

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11064 on: September 13, 2016, 02:02:20 pm »

This AI mod just got released: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/mod-court-ai.966888/

The "Court AI" serves the player by performing at background all of the repetitive court affairs and tasks, such as appointing council positions, giving tasks to councillors, promoting commanders, giving honorary titles, employing a court physician, selecting child education focuses and assigning appropriate guardians for them. All while taking into consideration the characters' actual skills, opinions, ranks, relative power and other improtant priorities that are relevant to the player's realm and dynasty.

That's fairly impressive, but I love the random generator tool more :P

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11065 on: September 13, 2016, 02:05:01 pm »

Someone made a massive randomized map generator and historical generator for ck2 here: https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/51pod5/random_history_map_generator_for_ck2/

This is sweet!

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11066 on: September 13, 2016, 02:29:51 pm »

Nice-looking map. What is it?

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11067 on: September 13, 2016, 03:51:21 pm »

Is there any way to improve the chance to fabricate claims on a county? It seems like it's taking forever, even with a 22 Diplomacy chancellor.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #11068 on: September 13, 2016, 03:53:49 pm »

SWMH, as a part of the HIP mod.

I have no idea what those acronyms mean.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11069 on: September 13, 2016, 03:55:41 pm »

Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 1002