Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092401 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11010 on: September 09, 2016, 12:29:25 pm »

I'm laffin - the thing generates all the terms and such too. Including the 'Crusaders' of Crusader Kings 2. I feel the beautiful gibberish works better with a completely new map than just a new Europe. Still waiting for the map generator to do its thing, but good god, this is a beautiful thing.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #11011 on: September 09, 2016, 01:17:59 pm »

A couple features like impassible terrain and changeable history duration would really polish it up. Maybe tweaks like seeding religion generation and tweaking world terrain maybe.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11012 on: September 09, 2016, 01:51:44 pm »

Anyone want to put up an output mod and try running a multiplayer game on a full random map to see if it could work?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11013 on: September 09, 2016, 02:00:52 pm »

Anyone want to put up an output mod and try running a multiplayer game on a full random map to see if it could work?
I'd say wait a bit. The thread keeps getting updated as the creator squashes bugs.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11014 on: September 09, 2016, 02:18:19 pm »

Yeah. I like how it turns out. Only problem is there are too many icons that make my brain confused XD

If it was possible, having it use new icons for religions would make it waaaay nicer looking. Besides that, it's quite enjoyable from a 'holy shit' standpoint. Would like to have more customization with world gen parameters though :v

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11015 on: September 09, 2016, 02:41:41 pm »

Eh. Right now it looks like the output cultures and stuff suffer from grey goo issues, they're not meaningfully distinct from each other and the names bear little to no apparent meaning.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #11016 on: September 09, 2016, 05:23:39 pm »

Eh. Right now it looks like the output cultures and stuff suffer from grey goo issues, they're not meaningfully distinct from each other and the names bear little to no apparent meaning.

Yeah, they are a little goo-ie right now. History is probably too short, and mutation doesn't do much.

Setting tech speed to high and tech spread to low results in highly localized tech, which can be interesting in a sense.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11017 on: September 09, 2016, 05:36:06 pm »

If nothing else it is a really cool map generator, even if the cultures aren't all that much yet. Still very impressive, kind of like dwarf fortress meets crusader kings type generation.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11018 on: September 09, 2016, 06:00:20 pm »

NOW READDICTED!!!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11019 on: September 09, 2016, 06:23:36 pm »

Well just how many cultures in the base game have no real differences between them, or, hey, the text 'this culture has no special features'?  Grey goo is kinda a side effect of the little detail of the main game.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11020 on: September 10, 2016, 04:35:49 pm »

Just started up a map/history I generated. All the people on the map seem to be 500+ years old...

Also just discovered that GOVERNMENT TYPES seem to be randomly generated... I haven't even started yet and I already have no words.

WELCOME TO QODAMARR KINGS

Aaand game over.

Everyone died of old age.
GG

RULED FOR 18 DAYS
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 04:48:47 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11021 on: September 10, 2016, 06:04:40 pm »

In the middle of a war with the HRE and the Byzantine Empire (you wouldn't believe the look on my face when I read "Kaiser what's-his-face has called the Byzantine Empire into the Italian-Holy Roman De-Jure War", my fucking vassals decide to present an ultimatum. Now I've been nice enough to let these slide in the past, but coming in the middle of a war (actually towards the end, but still) pissed me right the fuck off. The bastards are out for the one council law I still have, Banishment. Now I have no interest or desire to have banishment, but its the very last thing I have as ruler so I tell them to piss off.

They revolt. Much of North Italy revolts, along with Brandenburg and all of our territory in Anatolia. Outrageously, the son of my previous ruler joined the revolt (elective). He was the previous heir, but I nominated the Duchess of Sicily when it became clear she was more popular then him in Italy (amusingly, when the Duchess of Sicily took over she was in the process of trying to seduce him, which I would have let continue had the civil war not occured). Unfortunately he was awarded the Kingdom of Anatolia for his troubles (I actually had to found Italia purely to prevent him from breaking off), so now this ungrateful little shit is revolting.

Jokes on them. I had already raised my vassal armies from them, and my armies were right on the edge of Italian territory, so it wasn't hard to smash their armies before they got together and siege down the provinces of the ungrateful dukes responsible. The best part is that I started the war with the HRE in order to get some prisoners to test out the new torture, mutilate, and execution methods from the DLC, and now I have more than enough unwilling test subjects. I think I will mutilate the ringleader to give him a little memento of the price of disobedience, revoke the Kingdom of Anatolia, and execute or torture those who remain, with the exception of the Duchess of Lombardy. I need her alive. I killed off her older brother so that a female would inherit so that I could marry someone off to her and get the duchy back under family control (which is how we lost it in the first place). She needs to be alive and healthy to have a son, plus I'd like the "merciful" modifier while I engage in some minor tyranny.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11022 on: September 10, 2016, 06:25:46 pm »

Whelp, found one little thing that quite annoys me with the random generator and quite a few overhauls.  Why is it that so many of the religions have 'there is (and can exist) no religious head.'  I can understand there being a few, there being unreformed ones not having a head, and doing stuff like the Game of Thrones mod's Pirate and Corsair ones, but why so many unreformable religions without a religious head?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #11023 on: September 10, 2016, 06:53:08 pm »

That is pretty annoying.

Anyone know how to go and look at all the cultures, religions, etc. of a genned world? I ended up picking a random place just based on geography since I had zero idea what I was going to get.

Ended up with a kinda tribal norse-like group, which was pretty cool. Sadly, the game crashed after about a year of game time.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11024 on: September 10, 2016, 06:56:22 pm »

That is pretty annoying.

Anyone know how to go and look at all the cultures, religions, etc. of a genned world? I ended up picking a random place just based on geography since I had zero idea what I was going to get.

Ended up with a kinda tribal norse-like group, which was pretty cool. Sadly, the game crashed after about a year of game time.

I can get rough approximations using the views just below the date.  While the names are unrecognizable, if you look at the color of things you can get at least close.

Edit: Anyone wanna mess around with CKII+ multiplayer?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 06:58:13 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 1002