Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092392 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10965 on: September 06, 2016, 12:20:15 pm »

I have no words for that. Because ooooh boy that is. That is interesting. Yeah, I'll just be here with my family trees that don't have that. At least until I decide to play a messalian or zoroastrian character :P
Slightly off topic, but does it bother anyone else how totally not historical the portrayal of Messalians is?
The thing is that there is basically no information on Messalianism aside from what their detractors said about them. So instead of having yet another completely generic christian heresy, Paradox decided to base it around the slander itself.
There's a fair amount which, while from detractors, is from reputable detractors who generally tried to be accurate. Here's a good summation:
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10212a.htm

The problem is that people usually go to Wikipedia, and this is one of those rare cases that your high school teacher warned you about, where Wikipedia is actually total bullshit and you should use a traditional encyclopedia. Personally, I don't think "generic Christian heresy but with incest" is more interesting than "fusion of central Asian indigenous beliefs with Christian cosmology emphasizing prayer and Indian-style vagrant asceticism".

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10966 on: September 06, 2016, 12:20:34 pm »

I enjoyed a Reaper game with maximal black death and pandemics.

Dynasties did not last long in that game....
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10967 on: September 06, 2016, 12:40:45 pm »

Svipjod
If you don't have the right button on your keyboard, use what sounds like it, not what looks like it. So Svithjod.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In case you didn't know, Þþ says th as in bath, and Ðð says th as in bathe (or dh as in Sidhe).
I said it before when you criticized me for this. Not everyone knows how to Norse as well as you know how to Norse. It is an unfortunate fact of the universe that Cruxador is more Norse. Always.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10968 on: September 06, 2016, 12:52:28 pm »

Can we not have the phonetic competition again?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10969 on: September 06, 2016, 01:09:48 pm »

Hey, out of curiousity, where is the thread of the Wendish Empire succession game?  I remember it being mentioned back when I was starting up the current dynasty game and now that my turn is almost over, I'm a bit curious to read it.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10970 on: September 06, 2016, 01:14:12 pm »

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10971 on: September 06, 2016, 01:20:58 pm »

Here

Damn you for being faster than me by a few seconds. I dug it up and triumphantly pressed Reply, but nooo, the new post alarm meets me instead.

Good God, that border gore towards the end. My eyes bleed.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10972 on: September 06, 2016, 01:22:31 pm »

Svipjod
If you don't have the right button on your keyboard, use what sounds like it, not what looks like it. So Svithjod.
In case you didn't know, Þþ says th as in bath, and Ðð says th as in bathe (or dh as in Sidhe).

Apologies, when I posted that, I kinda went a bit blank on the whole norse thing. Forgive me for my sins, father :P

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10973 on: September 06, 2016, 02:19:53 pm »

Svipjod
I said it before when you criticized me for this. Not everyone knows how to Norse as well as you know how to Norse.
If everyone knew it, then why should I say it? Providing information isn't a negative thing.
It is an unfortunate fact of the universe that Cruxador is more Norse. Always.
Don't be an ass. If you intend to insult me, you might as well be straightforward about it.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10974 on: September 06, 2016, 02:22:14 pm »

You guys are lucky that Polish is so unpopular or I would be going batshit over every little mistake you would do.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10975 on: September 06, 2016, 02:25:35 pm »

I may or may not have added semi-nude pictures of Descan to the save file.
wait what
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10976 on: September 06, 2016, 02:30:30 pm »

C'mon, lads! Holmgång! Over Old Norse! Let's do it! It'd certainly be in the Bay12 spirit, don't you think?

To contribute more to topic, CK II has gotten a lot more fascinating since I last contemplated getting it. I think it's high time, one of these days.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10977 on: September 06, 2016, 03:26:32 pm »

C'mon, lads! Holmgång! Over Old Norse! Let's do it! It'd certainly be in the Bay12 spirit, don't you think?

To contribute more to topic, CK II has gotten a lot more fascinating since I last contemplated getting it. I think it's high time, one of these days.

Legendary game. If you haven't played it (Or decided to take up part-time pirating.) I highly recommend it. I have nearly 400 hours logged. Not much compared to my 1100+ on Mount & Blade: Warband, but one of the most satisfying strategy games I've ever played.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10978 on: September 06, 2016, 03:57:07 pm »

Legendary game. If you haven't played it (Or decided to take up part-time pirating.) I highly recommend it. I have nearly 400 hours logged. Not much compared to my 1100+ on Mount & Blade: Warband, but one of the most satisfying strategy games I've ever played.

Gave the demo a go a good time ago, and I rather liked it then, too. With the expansions adding some more in-depth that I like, I think I'll make a move next christmas sale.

I'm not really a Medieval Man, though. More of a Powder and Cannon Man. It's an interesting era, but it didn't catch me. I think it's illustrated rather well in that I've got a lot more hours in M&B: With Fire & Sword than in Warband. But CK II isn't so much the era as the people, now that I think about it. Definately giving it another try. I want to take interbreeding to new hights, and collapse empires from within.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10979 on: September 06, 2016, 04:20:39 pm »

Don't be an ass. If you intend to insult me, you might as well be straightforward about it.
No insult intended, I bow before your wonderously braided beard Viking-sensei
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 1002