Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090240 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10815 on: August 29, 2016, 12:50:22 pm »

Curious, would anyone be up for a runthrough of the game with a set set of DLC/mods wherein control of the game is passed on with the death of the ruler?  I'm a bit curious as to how things would play out with each ruling member of a dynasty being controlled by a completely different player...
So a CKII succession game? I'd be down.

I have fond memories of the Wendish Empire game we did sometime. Interested. Did you have any particular area/religion/time in mind?

We might as well list which DLC we all have so we know what possible combinations we have.  I've rounded off and got all the expansion DLC, but none of the portrait DLC.

Portrait DLC and other graphical goodies don't matter, though - the game will just use vanilla faces where a person with them would see fancier faces.

I'm missing Sunset Invasion, Rajas of India and Charlemagne from that list, with the addition of Conclave. Not entirely sure how much the game would break if you added/removed a DLC when passing along the save. Might not allow it to be loaded at all, but not sure.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10816 on: August 29, 2016, 12:56:38 pm »

From a little bit of searching it seems Rajas shouldn't be a problem as a long as you don't play as a ruler with Indian religion. No Aztec invasion is something I'd be fine with, and we could start in 867 or 1066.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10817 on: August 29, 2016, 12:58:26 pm »

Rajas of India (I don't know if without it you have the whole Indian region in) and Charlemagne (if we play from earliest start date) might (and proably will) break everything. Sunset Invasion seems optional as it's... well, non-historical.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10818 on: August 29, 2016, 01:03:54 pm »

Rajas of India (I don't know if without it you have the whole Indian region in) and Charlemagne (if we play from earliest start date) might (and proably will) break everything. Sunset Invasion seems optional as it's... well, non-historical.
All map additions weren't part of the DLC.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10819 on: August 29, 2016, 01:45:46 pm »

Charlemagne (if we play from earliest start date) might (and proably will) break everything. Sunset Invasion seems optional as it's... well, non-historical.

The first guy will need it at least.  I don't know about anyone else explicitly needing it, outside of it being needed for events to fire.  In that case, we just frontload people with Charlemagne and the Old Gods.

If I am wrong, please tell me, though.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10820 on: August 29, 2016, 04:47:08 pm »

Just tested it.  You are able to load up a save started in the Charlegmagne DLC with the indicated DLC inactive.  While we will probably want to frontload the list with those who have the DLC to make sure relevant events fire, we should be safe for those without it (Chronicle might screw up a bit, though).  Old Gods might not be needed either.  However, if people do not want to risk it, we can launch the game in the Old Gods start date.

Quote from: Current List
Ruler Designer
Sword of Islam
Legacy of Rome
The Republic
The Old Gods
Sons of Abraham
Charlemagne <<Debatable>>
Way of Life
Horse Lords
The Reaper's Due
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10821 on: August 29, 2016, 06:03:42 pm »

So uhh...

Remember the immortal, blind, infirm, phantom pain, Khagan with Mongol problems?

Well...

I got this achievement:

Let's just say he's in a bad place right now.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10822 on: August 29, 2016, 06:30:30 pm »

That's what you get for going Atlantic.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10823 on: August 29, 2016, 07:38:44 pm »

Your avatar seems very appropriate, all things considered.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10824 on: August 29, 2016, 07:39:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Year 30: Operation Stealth Crusade is a success

The Caliph relies on Egyptian troops to stop Persians from breaking free and relies on my troops to stop Egyptians breaking free. I have successfully peer pressured the Caliph into giving me free land, now he only has Damascus and is entirely reliant on his council of which I am a member

The Caliph is unfortunately insane, leaving it up to the council to save the Caliphate
Thus begins the whacky adventure of a ragtag bunch of decadent Muslims, the Sultan of Egypt, the awkward infidel and the Caliph's Uncle. Saving a Caliphate as a vassal infidel is not easy, but as long as Shiites and Romans are kept under control, the only fears in this world are of Mongols, disease and venetians

I didn't even know this was possible!
Also quite sad; in order to save his kids from an epidemic, Sultan Dragutin sent all of his kids he could away, to spare them the pain of a slow death. His only son went south to Mecca to fight as a mercenary in the service of the local Emir (whereupon he became an edgelord and declared his father his rival), of his three surviving daughters two went to Karling lands - the third was married to the Duke of Austria's heir. Whereupon she was kidnapped by a one eyed and one legged warlord Serb pagan. Princess Keratza was a genius, a grand strategician - and unfortunately, she also inherited her father's cancer. Upon induction to the family of the warlord, she replaced her hand with a hook. She left a single child behind in Austria before leaving to conduct raids on the Greeks, and wasn't such an edgelord as her brother about it

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10825 on: August 30, 2016, 12:06:12 pm »

I started a new game as a duke in Saxony, figured I'd try to survive, eventually take over, stuff like that. The first fifty years have basically been one big constant war.

Saxony's been ruled by: a norse, a christian, a norse, a slavic, a sunni, and finally my norse self. That's not to mention all the wars that didn't flip the kingdom title...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10826 on: August 30, 2016, 12:29:30 pm »

My steam version only has SoI, Old Gods, The Republicans, and Way of Life. My... other install has everything.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10827 on: August 31, 2016, 01:32:49 am »

Time for a follow up for the immortal, blind, phantom pain, infirm Khagan with Aztec and Mongol problems.

It's been 253 years since the game started, so this guy is now 253 years old. Still immortal. Mongols got beaten back eventually (The Black Death owned them), but the Aztecs just conquered France.

In the hundred or so years since we last checked in, he developed cancer AGAIN. However, this time the cancer couldn't be cured in over 50 years since catching it. Additionally, he also became a lunatic. It just spontaneously happened, but if I were in his shoes I'd probably go insane too.

Anyway, here's his current profile:

He's basically a blind Deadpool at this point.

That's:

107,000 horse archers (not including vassals, tributaries, and the remaining 613,370 manpower)
189,000 gold
59,500 prestige
50,900 piety

That prestige + piety score alone exceeds the top dynasty score in the end game screen. That's just this one guy's score.

Also, if you're wondering what the world map looks like when you've got an immortal Horse Lord, here it is:

Basically he's conquered everything except the Aztecs, Indians, Africans, Swedes. and the Finns. Everything that doesn't have a name on the map is actually a Tributary.

Having an immortal character in ironman is pretty crazy.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10828 on: August 31, 2016, 01:35:52 am »

I like how you just kept having children.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10829 on: August 31, 2016, 01:44:26 am »

I like how you just kept having children.
It's the best way to get good generals as a nomad.  8)
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 1002