Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090602 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10725 on: August 15, 2016, 10:22:49 pm »

Also on attrition: The AI and attrition works a bit... interestingly. Basically, a force that is over the limit (20k in this case), but is composed of the combined armies of different independent rulers who each have less than that limit will not take attrition. This does not apply to the player. If you have 3k and a 18k AI stack walks into the same province, you WILL take attrition.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10726 on: August 15, 2016, 10:27:03 pm »

Also on attrition: The AI and attrition works a bit... interestingly. Basically, a force that is over the limit (20k in this case), but is composed of the combined armies of different independent rulers who each have less than that limit will not take attrition. This does not apply to the player. If you have 3k and a 18k AI stack walks into the same province, you WILL take attrition.

I thought that bullshit rule was only in EU4

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10727 on: August 16, 2016, 03:19:55 am »

It's necessary, otherwise stupid AI allies will march their superstacks into places you're besieging, wipe out half of your army through attrition alone, and then leave with your remaining army being too small to siege the holding. That's never happened to me specifically because of that rule and I pray in thanks to the one true God for that rule.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10728 on: August 16, 2016, 09:22:13 am »

Also relevant, are you playing as a pagan?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10729 on: August 16, 2016, 10:18:07 am »

CK II = ~EU4~ these days
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10730 on: August 16, 2016, 01:04:33 pm »

Err, stupid question. Started playing again after a while, and the interface for nominating a successor in Elective Monarchies seems to have changed. As in, I can't find it. I'm stuck voting for myself when I have no chance or interest in becoming King. Help?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10731 on: August 16, 2016, 02:39:06 pm »

It's necessary, otherwise stupid AI allies will march their superstacks into places you're besieging, wipe out half of your army through attrition alone, and then leave with your remaining army being too small to siege the holding. That's never happened to me specifically because of that rule and I pray in thanks to the one true God for that rule.

No, that is exactly what I am talking about. Teneb said that that is currently what is happening.

Nope, Byzantium. And I still don't know how my muslim empire neighbor was able to declare holy war on an entire kingdom.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10732 on: August 16, 2016, 02:41:34 pm »

No, that is exactly what I am talking about. Teneb said that that is currently what is happening.

Nope, Byzantium. And I still don't know how my muslim empire neighbor was able to declare holy war on an entire kingdom.

That's how Great Holy Wars work, so things like Jihad and Crusades and such.

There would likely have been an announcement of that, along the lines of "Caliph such and such has declared Jihad for [kingdom name], and calls all right-thinking Muslims to join him".
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10733 on: August 16, 2016, 02:47:58 pm »

Err, stupid question. Started playing again after a while, and the interface for nominating a successor in Elective Monarchies seems to have changed. As in, I can't find it. I'm stuck voting for myself when I have no chance or interest in becoming King. Help?
Assuming you are not the top liege, you need to go to the top liege's title's laws. Go to your own law tab and there should be the shield of Kingdom of England there to click on.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10734 on: August 16, 2016, 03:17:18 pm »

Assuming you are not the top liege, you need to go to the top liege's title's laws. Go to your own law tab and there should be the shield of Kingdom of England there to click on.

Thing is, there's nothing there - I see everyone's votes, including mine, but there's no button to change it. I am eligible to vote (as, you know, I can see my bloody vote right there!), but I can't change the vote. Clicking on the portraits of voted-for characters just takes me to their screens, and there's no button.

The Kingdom changed to Elective recently, but I don't see why that'd affect things.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10735 on: August 16, 2016, 03:28:30 pm »

Thing is, there's nothing there - I see everyone's votes, including mine, but there's no button to change it. I am eligible to vote (as, you know, I can see my bloody vote right there!), but I can't change the vote. Clicking on the portraits of voted-for characters just takes me to their screens, and there's no button.

The Kingdom changed to Elective recently, but I don't see why that'd affect things.
Give us a screenshot?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10736 on: August 16, 2016, 03:30:09 pm »

In short. There is a difference between Holy Wars and Crusades/Jihads/Great Holy Wars (the three are basically the same thing for different religions).

Holy Wars can be called by anyone on neighbouring states and they always target Duchies.

Crusades/Jihads/GHWs on the other hand target Kingdoms. They can only be called by the head of the religion in question - for Catholics this is the Pope, naturally, and for Muslims this is the Caliphs (by default, in 1066, the Shia Caliph is also the Fatimid King of Egypt, while the Sunni Caliph is a Duke around... Baghdad, iirc and a vassal of the Seljuk King. I am not 100% certain but I think that in earlier bookmarks the Sunni Caliph is the Abbasid Emperor of Arabia). Pagans only get religious heads and thus GHWs if their religion is reformed. Orthodox Christians do not get any Crusade equivalent and thus can never target kingdoms with religious wars.

Apart from those two, Muslims also get another kind of religious war which target Kingdoms called Muslim Invasions that can be declared by any Muslim ruler for a cost of 1000 Piety.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10737 on: August 18, 2016, 10:03:20 am »

I'm a few days late reposting it, but still, dev diary:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10738 on: August 18, 2016, 10:16:38 pm »

Here's a question.  Why is it that when the AI loses a battle on an island, their forces are sent back to the garrison of their homeland, but when you lose a battle on the island you control, every single force you had is completely obliterated?  Wouldn't it make more sense to be the opposite?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10739 on: August 19, 2016, 03:10:13 am »

So I tried my hand at tribal, Lithuania specifically, and am doing pretty well. Then suddenly a guy declares war on me and I'm like "ok, this is what the 500 prestige I saved up is for, SUMMON THE HORDE!". But then he calls in a feudal king ally who has an army of 2k heavy infantry and it's just instant defeat. I found it a bit bullshit that tribal wars swing heavily based on outside alliances so I try and create my own bullshit and find there is a huge negative penalty for forming marriages with pagans for othodox. So here I am wondering how the AI got around this because sucking up to a king did not seem to be enough to get him to agree to a marriage.

Also, what are those big green bars in battles for? Hovering over them shows morale but the values never match what the bar looks like. My bars could be mostly red and the enemy's could be mostly green, but it will say my morale is at 3000/70% and his is at 2000/12%.
Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 1002