Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090093 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10560 on: July 13, 2016, 09:20:26 pm »

Chalcedeons(sp?) or Christians

I have a wtf, just found a non-insane count who had murdered his wife and both his daughters.  ... My mistake, the wife was one of his daughters.

CK2Plus, with submod which expands what every religion allows.  Everyone can be a Zorastian(sp?).
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10561 on: July 16, 2016, 07:49:14 am »

New devlog to me says "you can play as theocracies" is going to be the big one. The disease DLC is something people have asked for since CK2 has been released, opening up Theocracy content is something people wanted since Republic.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10562 on: July 16, 2016, 08:37:16 am »

New devlog to me says "you can play as theocracies" is going to be the big one. The disease DLC is something people have asked for since CK2 has been released, opening up Theocracy content is something people wanted since Republic.
Big one is probably either indeed theocracy or is China. If it isn't China, I sincerely hope they include it in the eventual CK3 (and there probably will be one since sales for this were so good).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10563 on: July 16, 2016, 09:55:27 am »

Big one is probably either indeed theocracy or is China. If it isn't China, I sincerely hope they include it in the eventual CK3 (and there probably will be one since sales for this were so good).
It won't be China, nor should it. China deserves its own game, and wouldn't fit the CK2 mechanics at all.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10564 on: July 16, 2016, 10:27:30 am »

I would LOVE to see theocracy mechanics finally added.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10565 on: July 16, 2016, 10:43:38 am »

It won't be China, nor should it. China deserves its own game, and wouldn't fit the CK2 mechanics at all.
I mean, yeah it deserves it's own game. But I think it far more likely to be included under the CK brand instead.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10566 on: July 16, 2016, 10:47:53 am »

I wonder what they'd do with a CK3. A new game would feel bare-bone compared to the richness of CK2. What basic mechanics would they change?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10567 on: July 16, 2016, 11:11:12 am »

I wouldn't count on (or at least, care about) CK3 until the technology improves markedly.

I'd like to see a Vicky3 tho.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10568 on: July 16, 2016, 12:48:37 pm »

No, what we need is Project Augustus 2: Actually Europa Universalis: Rome 2 This Time: Electric Boogaloo
Love, scriver~

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10569 on: July 16, 2016, 12:51:44 pm »

Add more incest.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10570 on: July 16, 2016, 01:11:16 pm »

If you can't use magic to travel forward in time to be your own great-grandson-in-law, why even bother?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10571 on: July 16, 2016, 03:35:23 pm »

I wouldn't count on (or at least, care about) CK3 until the technology improves markedly.

I'd like to see a Vicky3 tho.
There might be another new IP, but they've already updated all their old franchises since CK2 was released. And there's really not a lot of new technology needed before the games can have substantial improvements, they just need to update the engine to actually make use of new technology. Like, you know, 64-bit processing. Or multi-monitor support.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10572 on: July 16, 2016, 03:36:40 pm »

Vicky 2 was released before CK2.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10573 on: July 16, 2016, 03:39:59 pm »

Vicky 2 was released before CK2.
So was Sengoku and EU:Rome. There are some things that you just need to accept won't be seeing a sequel.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10574 on: July 16, 2016, 04:05:30 pm »

I disagree, I think Vicky's development pretty much fits into the pattern they have for their grand strategy games (it was the most recent prior to the current round of releases, now its the least recent).  If they release the next iteration of CK, EU, or HoI without hitting Vicky first, then I'll get worried.  But for now everything seems in order.  Also unlike those games you listed, Vicky 2 got 2 expansions, same as EU 3.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 1002