Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090245 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10395 on: April 23, 2016, 04:43:43 pm »

I kind of want to do a game that wipes out Christanity and Islam but keeps as many of the countries the same as possible. Replace them with reformed pagan faiths. Get the Norse revitalized, get the Celts to recolonize Britain, drive the heathens from the Parthenon and restore Zeus, that sort of thing. Maybe have a Mali revitalization to take over Africa.

There could still be some Cathars in Aquitaine or something.

Then convert the save and claim the New World for Buddha!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: April 23, 2016, 05:25:24 pm »

I think the Caliph also stays Muslim, since he's head of the faith and cannot change religion until the Caliph title is destroyed.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10397 on: April 23, 2016, 05:41:16 pm »

You want the Ancient Religions Reborn mod. It has an option called LETS. GET. PAGAN! which turns every Christian and Muslim Pagan (excluding you and the pope) and converts every province to a pagan religion.

Interesting, but I want to try to start out as normal and have history drift. I have no qualms with popping from leader to leader in order to shift history, though. I presume that there will indeed need to be a lot of mistakes on the part of the major religions in order for them to collapse in only 500 or so years.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: April 23, 2016, 05:56:10 pm »

You want the Ancient Religions Reborn mod. It has an option called LETS. GET. PAGAN! which turns every Christian and Muslim Pagan (excluding you and the pope) and converts every province to a pagan religion.

Interesting, but I want to try to start out as normal and have history drift. I have no qualms with popping from leader to leader in order to shift history, though. I presume that there will indeed need to be a lot of mistakes on the part of the major religions in order for them to collapse in only 500 or so years.
It's incredibly easy for christianity to fail in Charlemagne if the Frank Blob is broken early. Though you will need to play as either the Umayyads or Saxony to make that work.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: April 23, 2016, 06:23:37 pm »

The pagan faiths can wipe out the abrahamics really easily really. The Norse can do a number on mainland Europe in just a few centuries, the celts can wipe out the British catholics if they start as Pictland, rapid conquest Ireland and then eat Wales with England for dessert, the Tengri nomads can crush the Abbassids and Byzantines in just a couple of generations (the hardest part is putting down the constant peasant rebellions while you're burning their holding to ash.)

Really I'd say the hard part would be beating the West African muslim blocks as Mali, that could take quite a while.

Making a custom character rule each pagan nation before you start the game would probably be helpful. Give them all a good start so that they can make some progress while you're still playing the first pagan group.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10400 on: April 25, 2016, 02:48:47 am »

I kind of want to do a game that wipes out Christanity and Islam but keeps as many of the countries the same as possible. Replace them with reformed pagan faiths. Get the Norse revitalized, get the Celts to recolonize Britain, drive the heathens from the Parthenon and restore Zeus, that sort of thing. Maybe have a Mali revitalization to take over Africa.

There could still be some Cathars in Aquitaine or something.

Then convert the save and claim the New World for Buddha!
Limit yourself to a certain size blob and turn any other kingdoms you take independent.  Eventually all your pagan buddies will start spreading the good word on their own.  And probably blobbing on their own unfortunately... pagans are like that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: April 25, 2016, 02:53:10 am »

I'm having fun playing with mongols and conclave on (The powerful council of Khans makes things fun). I expanded nicely along the northern limit of the map, but the Uighur are being a pain in the ass. Their horde is well consolidated, with two clans having about 3000 troops each (compared to my personnal 2250 max troops). I'm starting to think that the only way to deal with them efficiently would be to use that kingdom invasion CB, but I need to raise my population a lot for that.

So just confirming, absorbing other clans does result in me taking over their population, right? And I can just spin off a smaller clan before absorbing a big one to make sure my other khans don't mind?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10402 on: April 25, 2016, 02:57:26 am »

I don't think you do absorb their population.

There is a separate CB for taking (I think it's 10% of) their population, though.

Either that or you can give away enough of your land to hit the magical 75% mark to invade a kingdom, and then deal take it back later if you're willing to indulge in a little tyranny.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10403 on: April 25, 2016, 03:06:03 am »

But I also need more than 30k population for that CB, and it'll take forever if I'm not allowed to poach other clans' population.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: April 25, 2016, 03:12:18 am »

It does take ages. Just gotta keep that horde growing, man.

Upgrading your camp thing does wonders for that. But that also takes ages...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: April 25, 2016, 03:38:53 am »

Oh, well. Wouldn't be fun if the mongol hordes ravage Europe before 900 anyway.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: April 25, 2016, 07:12:11 am »

This "conclave" update is hellish. It's literally impossible to do anything with laws as an emperor because no matter how much your vassal dukes/kings like you they will never, ever vote to increase any law even when I got them ALL to 30+ positive and hacked diplomacy of me, husband, and Chancellor to 90.

What's the fucking point of all these cool things like imperial admin when I can't even get above medium CA, let alone extreme?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10407 on: April 25, 2016, 07:15:13 am »

Have you tried calling in favour? There is a "request council support" that will make them vote like you.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: April 25, 2016, 08:12:06 am »

So I'm a big fan of a show on History, goes by the title Vikings. I've noticed CK2 has crept into the way I think about characters. The first time I actually realized what was happening was a few episodes back when Ragnar's laying on a roof with the Chinese slave. He mentioned how he was tired of kingship and stuff and with zero hesitation I said, out loud in a room with other people, "Trait Lost: Ambitious". They were like "The hell are you going on about?"

It's happened a few times since, at least two an episode. But I've been able to keep them to myself.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10409 on: April 25, 2016, 08:59:27 am »

Have you tried calling in favour? There is a "request council support" that will make them vote like you.

1) my council are skilled counts for the most part, and the empire needs 140 votes to pass any law

2) pretty sure favours are from the actual DLC, so as far as I'm concerned they're just shitting on the base-game players by making an entire wing of the game almost useless unless you buy the DLC.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 1002