Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 687 688 [689] 690 691 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092597 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10320 on: April 11, 2016, 12:40:30 pm »

Free investiture is the best gravelkind management system. The moment someone is entitled to bishopic, he's diqualified from gravelkind. Viceroyalty lets you hide your titles from heirs, but only Byzantine can actually do it.

And beware of mismatching inheritances. Primogeniture on your empire and gravelkind on your primary kingdom is a sure way to lose everything.
I would advise the "giving heirs bishoprics" thing with a little caution.

I once put all my worthless sons in the clergy to prep a genius baby for the throne. Then I died of stress randomly, putting just my genius baby up who then got promptly murdered. Not fun.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10321 on: April 11, 2016, 12:45:12 pm »

This is why you just appoint them. So you have a chance to recall it.

It's not like you actually have temples lying around, do you?

Pope is trying to fight me, even though he has no lands. How do I defeat this holy jackass?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10322 on: April 11, 2016, 12:56:12 pm »

Haha what?  I knew the Pope could be unlanded, but he's pressing a claim or something?  I didn't know they could even do that, especially since the land presumably becomes part of the papacy theocracy instead of his dynasty.

I guess you have to just wait him out though, since you gradually gain warscore for controlling the contested area.  If he has allies, beating up their armies should too.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10323 on: April 11, 2016, 12:59:16 pm »

What's the war about? If it's a crusade then, yeah, the pope doesn't need land for it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10324 on: April 11, 2016, 01:06:09 pm »

What's the war about? If it's a crusade then, yeah, the pope doesn't need land for it.
It's claim war on Pizza. I offered him White Peace because I don't want any surprises.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10325 on: April 11, 2016, 01:17:29 pm »

And here we got ourself another supressed revolt. Welcome to Restored Roman Empire where our motto is "In the land of the blind one-eyed would be king".

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10326 on: April 11, 2016, 04:59:04 pm »

Today is a glorious day! After 30 years of work the count of Kernev has recreated the kingdom of Brittany (minus Nantes and Rennes still in Charlemagne's hands).

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10327 on: April 11, 2016, 06:10:26 pm »

My Wendish Emperors and empresses seem to be LIVE FAST DIE YOUNG. All had really high stats but for the last 6 generations have been dying of flu/maiming/no apparent reason/ more flu, which makes me incredibly nervous because on average they only manage one kid, and that kid gets ~8 years regency.

(Exception being GoldenAge Piast, who took the throne at the age of two, and somehow survived 14 years of factions and court intrigues in an empire with six cultures, four kings, and 2 personal counties. Then won a crusade for Anatolia at 17 and re consolidated imperial power. Then he, predictably, died. He was 29)
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10328 on: April 11, 2016, 07:55:00 pm »

Tried Poland 1066 start. Boleslaw got hit in the head in battle early on, before he had kids, rendering him Incapable. In a freak accident, my brother-heir is also Incapable. His heir is some woman outside the dynasty. So, all I have to do is watch helplessly as my Wife-Regent steals my demesne and lowers crown authority, and wait for the end.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10329 on: April 12, 2016, 04:33:00 am »

So, all I have to do is watch helplessly as my Wife-Regent steals my demesne and lowers crown authority, and wait for the end.

This made me think of Al Bundy.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10330 on: April 12, 2016, 12:36:22 pm »

Today is a glorious day! After 30 years of work the count of Kernev has recreated the kingdom of Brittany (minus Nantes and Rennes still in Charlemagne's hands).
Form Brittany, merge with the empire Francia is bound to become, eat from the inside out.

The general rule for this game for an easier time is 'If you can't beat them, parasitise them'

The problem is Charlemagne didn't created the Empire title so I'm on the same rank. I also have a pretty good relation with him and he's actually dealing with a 10 years revolt. I still have room to grow since his duke of Aquitaine somehow manage to get independant and left West Francia with all the coast from the Loire to the Umayyad. It's where I took my second ducal title (Poitou). Claimed Thouars from Aquitaine during a revolt, right after that defended Aquitaine from a Cathar holy war and once the holy war ended I launched mine against the depleted Cathars who owned 2 counties in Poitou.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10331 on: April 12, 2016, 02:01:35 pm »

I suppose I'm sitting the rest of my current life out. Christiandom is still pretty good at beating me back with their alliance so I failed two imperial reconquests in a row.

My heir is a genius. I hope he manage doing it better.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10332 on: April 12, 2016, 02:38:37 pm »

Random jewish and germanic people keep showing up in my catholic court.

I give them my kids to educate in hopes they will convert, but so far have had no luck.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10333 on: April 13, 2016, 07:40:39 pm »

Apparently my character is a werewolf (possessed norse) every now and then he goes out on rampages (one claimed my chancellor) and remembers nothing (but wakes covered in blood). In the last one, he was also ill. Right before I get the usual "you wake up covered in blood event"? I get the "you are feeling very healthy and no longer sick".

Sometimes, the timing on events is just perfect.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10334 on: April 14, 2016, 12:13:40 am »

Well, in the first four years Avaria has formed Pannonia and eaten Bulgaria,Kiev is very large, Rus has formed, and Sjaeland is beginning its pushes east into Pomerania.
My attempt to perform a speedy "smash and grab" reformation of the slavic faith by stealing three holy sites was met with amazing speed on the part of everyone else.
Pages: 1 ... 687 688 [689] 690 691 ... 1002