Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092421 times)

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10275 on: April 06, 2016, 02:54:19 pm »

One of my vassals just conquered a kingdom for my empire. How convinient. On the other hand, I didn't get to press my own claim and all the money I wasted on bribing conspirators to kill the king was for nothing.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10276 on: April 06, 2016, 07:35:03 pm »

I just used the ruler designer (starting in Stamford bridge) to create the female, Jainist, Basque Kaiserin of the HRE. By stacking opinion bonuses from my religion, a sect within my religion, attractiveness, and prestige, I've easily converted roughly 75% of my vassals so far. Oh, and the pope's calling a crusade for Italy.

Goodbye history. This is why I bought the ruler designer.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10277 on: April 06, 2016, 09:40:23 pm »

Mm Basque, gotta love Absolute Cognatic.  Awesome that you managed to convert so many of them though!  No wonder the Pope's flipping out.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10278 on: April 07, 2016, 05:59:42 am »

So I'm plodding around in Ireland in the Old Gods start and doing the usual things: raiding my neighbors, trying not to be killed by disease or the aforementioned neighbors, and going stark raving mad. Mostly been focusing on my own business ever since continental Europe went crazy because of World War Karling, but at one point I'm passing by to take a look at how Scandinavia's doing and I notice something that makes me do a double-take. Someone actually managed to form the Kingdom of Frisia! I don't recall ever seeing the AI do that before on its own accord, and I'm still just in the 9th century!

I click on the capital province to get a better understanding of how this all went down, and I discover three things. One, the Dutch apparently got tired of being ruled over by a Christianized Norseman and staged a liberation revolt. Two, Frisia's actually not a kingdom, but a theocracy. And finally, the original leader of the revolt was just recently elected pope, and as such moved to Rome, leaving the nation with yet another new leader less than a decade after it's been created.
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10279 on: April 07, 2016, 12:26:58 pm »

Found former king of Serbia, now downgraded to duchy-level. He's castrated, blind and I new king of Serbia will probably keep revoking his titles further (Since he's pagan)
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10280 on: April 08, 2016, 08:14:41 am »

Anyone know why, as the Emperor of the Wends, it won't let me revoke one of my kings because of the Crown Authority in the HRE?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10281 on: April 08, 2016, 08:18:48 am »

Is said king de jure (not de facto) in the Wendish or Holy Roman Empire?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10282 on: April 08, 2016, 10:21:52 am »

Is said king de jure (not de facto) in the Wendish or Holy Roman Empire?

He was the king of Bavaria (or bohemia?), but had about a third of it and a bit of Pomerania due to the Wend attitude of giving away bits of Pomerania as "Welcome to Court we'll get right on your claim" gifts combined with Hungary taking chunks out every five years.

Rendered irrelevant by the old coot dying and me absorbing Hungary all in one go anyway. Although somehow Tuscany inherited a province there.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10283 on: April 08, 2016, 01:53:14 pm »

So he's part of the de jure empire of the HRE

Which means that he's affected by HRE crown laws, not Wendish crown laws.

Weird. You'd think it would be my crown laws that let me revoke my vassal's titles when I catch 'em trying to bump me off :/

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10284 on: April 08, 2016, 02:56:33 pm »

My Byzantine game progresses smoothly even if I lost my crown authority, I can manage on retinue and Varagians alone. If I live for two more years I'm out of regency danger zone. Took over Sicily and Lombardy is all in purple holes, I just need a succession crisis.

Catholics meanwhile aren't doing great at all. They are covered in heresy patches and Lollard rebels are roaming their lands unopposed. Zoroastrians and Manicheans can't decide who's heresy and who's not. But what's in it for me?

Are there any downsides in being iconoclast by the way?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10285 on: April 08, 2016, 03:22:31 pm »

Pretty sure that Islamic rulers like you significantly more if you're Iconoclastic, which is a nice touch.
Since it's basically a rejection of icons.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10286 on: April 08, 2016, 04:38:32 pm »

Just reformed the Norse faith, uh... now what? I'm probably going to start working towards a feudal reform too now, and that'll take a LONG time. Might work on uniting Scandinavia (I'm literally one county short of Norway, plus a few holy lands), although keeping a low Threat is annoying.

It's still fairly early, too. I want to try to spread the Reformed Norse through Europe (maybe into Brittan?) but that's bound to be slow.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10287 on: April 08, 2016, 04:41:55 pm »

Reforming the faith was the hard part.  All you have to do is conquer a county with a castle, and declare that county your capital.
Or build up one of your own, which yeah takes a while...  If you're doing that I'd consider a trade republic.
I think you can conquer a city and make a trade republic that way, now, but I'm not sure.  (Since I think there's some newish way to choose which holding is capital for a county you own?)
She/they

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10288 on: April 08, 2016, 04:50:24 pm »

Oh boy, looks like West Francia didn't manage to became empire before its many-child king died under gravelkind. Political map of Continental Europe looks like confetti now.

And I took Bavaria. Even though I didn't really need it, did I? My threat skyrocketed and I guess I'll have to miss on Lombardy again. Bavaria itself is rather silly since its capital now is on the other side of the country, somewhere at Caucasus.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10289 on: April 08, 2016, 05:50:32 pm »

Reforming the faith was the hard part.  All you have to do is conquer a county with a castle, and declare that county your capital.
Or build up one of your own, which yeah takes a while...  If you're doing that I'd consider a trade republic.
I think you can conquer a city and make a trade republic that way, now, but I'm not sure.  (Since I think there's some newish way to choose which holding is capital for a county you own?)

I was considering just taking Venice over wholesale. I still have the ability to attack and claim coastal territories freely. In fact, maybe I'll just do that; encircle the continent in Norse Sealords.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 1002