Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092301 times)

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10215 on: April 01, 2016, 05:26:09 am »

I didn't know country names are actually player character culture dependent. Suddenly I found myself ruling kingdoms of absolutely new names, because my Anglo-Saxon emperor died and had Irish heir. Even thought I inhereted something extra.

Damn ill-timed rebellion ruined my plans to depose anti-Pope from Francia and now once again they outnumber me. My only hope seems to be for inconclusive end if anti-pope dies.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10216 on: April 01, 2016, 09:04:25 am »

My current character is 17. Her husband is 20 and he's brother of her grandfather. That's some weird-ass family tree.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10217 on: April 01, 2016, 09:24:53 am »

Just a tree with a branch bent out of shape.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10218 on: April 01, 2016, 11:07:39 am »

Bent, or maybe kinky.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10219 on: April 01, 2016, 11:19:12 am »

Well, our great grandfather had very long and dare I say fertile life.

By the way, does tooltip for my wealth actually account for my vassal's taxation. Income seems way too low.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10220 on: April 01, 2016, 12:11:53 pm »

Well, our great grandfather had very long and dare I say fertile life.

By the way, does tooltip for my wealth actually account for my vassal's taxation. Income seems way too low.

It does. It also takes a while to update (usually a month or so in-game) so yeah.

Also, your vassals pay different levels of tax depending on how much they like you, in case you didn't know.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10221 on: April 01, 2016, 12:18:13 pm »

I know, but I'm cofused then. In vassal table some of my vassals have up to 20 coins, non-temple, no negative opinion.

However tooltip in the upper-right only list my income as about 11 coins per month. Without deduction. So I suspect it's just my demesne alone, this seems to be plausible. considering how fast my wealth actually grows.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10222 on: April 01, 2016, 12:35:14 pm »

I know, but I'm cofused then. In vassal table some of my vassals have up to 20 coins, non-temple, no negative opinion.

However tooltip in the upper-right only list my income as about 11 coins per month. Without deduction. So I suspect it's just my demesne alone, this seems to be plausible. considering how fast my wealth actually grows.

For some reason tax is shown as per year, while income is per month. To get the actual amount of money you get from holdings/vassals you need to divide the number shown by 12.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10223 on: April 01, 2016, 01:16:49 pm »

OK, if I manage to pull what I'm trying to pull off, people will remember me as brave young woman who slept her way into high crown authority.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10224 on: April 01, 2016, 01:21:07 pm »

OK, if I manage to pull what I'm trying to pull off, people will remember me as brave young woman who slept her way into high crown authority.
Catherine the Great?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10225 on: April 01, 2016, 02:26:43 pm »

Changed my focus back to family. Nobody gets seduced anymore and I fear I only lose reputation from now on.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10226 on: April 01, 2016, 03:51:37 pm »

That happened to me yesterday and it turned out they had one of my close relatives imprisoned (my firstborn son actually).  Prevents declaring any sort of war or even, apparently, raiding.
Couldn't see any way to ransom him back either, I guess because he was a landed vassal?  Kinda dumb.  I ended up gifting him money until he finally ransomed himself.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10227 on: April 01, 2016, 03:52:48 pm »

Is this how you raid your neigbours? I couldn't figure it out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10228 on: April 01, 2016, 04:08:18 pm »

Is this how you raid your neigbours? I couldn't figure it out.
Raiding neighbors is pretty much the same as using boats, you just have to share a border.  You set the army to looting mode, march them over, and they send the gold back to you constantly instead of filling a boat.  Your looting army has to be adjacent to one of your provinces though (or a boat) or they can't loot anything.

I think they'll still trigger hostility and have the option to siege, the gold will just be "lost" (that's what your men presumably say :P).  Which can be of some use when preparing for an actual war.
She/they

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10229 on: April 01, 2016, 04:22:40 pm »

Kept pounding on both Francias (they got split) with the help of Danmark. Ruler dies while conquering zeeland, 8-year-old inherits. Survive foreign wars and rebellions, get to adulthood and reclaim kingdoms lost to siblings. Imprisoned an antipope while in regency, but he died before I could get to 16 and throw a blot. First thing I do after that? Give the kingdom of Pommerania instead of the duchy to a chief. Fucking hell, Teneb. I mean, I can get it back easy, but still. And I'm... 300 piety off from reforming.

Any tips on getting quick piety as a non-norse unreformed germanic?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 1002