Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092133 times)

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10185 on: March 29, 2016, 10:47:34 pm »

Maybe it'll be like a... Seperate map kind of thing?

At that point they might as well make it a new game, or a standalone expansion type thingy.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10186 on: March 29, 2016, 11:13:12 pm »

Yeah, but kill performance outright.
It probably won't kill performance, though it will have an impact. The main thing about expanding east is that a new government will be needed to properly model how the chinese ran things.

They could also expand south into Africa, which would be really cool. It would also not require new governments, since feudal, iqta and tribal cover pretty much all the various realms that existed there. I doubt that will ever happen, though.
I feel like they would need new mechanics for the Sahara Desert... or I guess they could leave it as uncontrollable and focus on other parts of Africa.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10187 on: March 29, 2016, 11:17:15 pm »

I heard the argument that they wouldn't expand eastward because it would allow you to stop the mongol hordes before they begin their doomstackining.

Ugh, I can understand that. Totally ahistorical.

In other news, valiant soldiers from the glorious Nordic Empire of India are marching into Western Europe to bring the Reformed Tengri faith to the poor Aztec heathens.
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10188 on: March 30, 2016, 12:06:43 am »

A guy whom I poached through matrilinear marriage for my council decided to become adventurer instead. I wonder if anything in it for me.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10189 on: March 30, 2016, 01:49:12 am »

I heard the argument that they wouldn't expand eastward because it would allow you to stop the mongol hordes before they begin their doomstackining.

In other news, valiant soldiers from the glorious Nordic Empire of India are marching into Western Europe to bring the Reformed Tengri faith to the poor Aztec heathens.

It isn't a relevant argument because of "realism", it is relevant because of Mongol Invasion is one of the main late game challenges.
Love, scriver~

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10190 on: March 30, 2016, 02:07:23 am »

It isn't a relevant argument because of "realism", it is relevant because of Mongol Invasion is one of the main late game challenges.

Indeed, I was merely making a funny. Though in all fairness I've heard both arguments.

Come to think of it, I wonder how a countermeasure to an early conquest of Mongolia by foreigners would go. That is, perhaps some sort of event chain with a captivating warlord inciting uprisings that could spiral out of control.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10191 on: March 30, 2016, 11:32:08 am »

Indeed, I was merely making a funny. Though in all fairness I've heard both arguments.

Come to think of it, I wonder how a countermeasure to an early conquest of Mongolia by foreigners would go. That is, perhaps some sort of event chain with a captivating warlord inciting uprisings that could spiral out of control.

That actually makes no sense whatsoever.

With Sunset Invasion, the Aztecs are perfectly capable of invading from the West, without owning any land whatsoever.  The Mongol Invasion could simply use similar mechanics, just appearing out of the ether.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10192 on: March 30, 2016, 12:08:50 pm »

With Sunset Invasion, the Aztecs are perfectly capable of invading from the West, without owning any land whatsoever.  The Mongol Invasion could simply use similar mechanics, just appearing out of the ether.

That could work. Not sure how it could be justified, as the given reason for Aztecs poofing into existence is because they "crossed the sea," but it'd probably be less of a headache for players.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10193 on: March 30, 2016, 12:59:42 pm »

Pretty sure testers just find the bugs/issues. Whether or not someone else fixes them isn't up to them.
That is possible, but I am not sure. I mean....it takes a few hours to spot the _obvious_ problem with coalitions for example. So it's either the QA tester's f*ck up or the lead designer's. [IIRC that is Henrik Fahraeus]
I'm a million years late to this discussion, but I wanted to say: I worked in QA for two years and I can 100% confirm that developers know about the vast majority of bugs in a game when it's released. Time and budget constraints mean they just release broken games with the intention of patching later.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10194 on: March 30, 2016, 04:29:18 pm »

That could work. Not sure how it could be justified, as the given reason for Aztecs poofing into existence is because they "crossed the sea," but it'd probably be less of a headache for players.

Savage Horsemen suddenly rise up against the current lords of the Mongol lands?  Like a really, really big revolt. 

Historically accurate, as Genghis Khan started out as practically nobody in Mongolia.  He had to first conquer Mongolia from the tribes that actually mattered, then he proceeded on his Famous World Tour.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10195 on: March 30, 2016, 04:43:15 pm »

Eh.  Its not like his armies appeared out of nowhere.  If they do a Mongolia expansion they should have Genghis or equivalent rise through actual game mechanics.  If they script the hordes appearing they might as well not expand the map.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10196 on: March 30, 2016, 04:54:38 pm »

Eh.  Its not like his armies appeared out of nowhere.  If they do a Mongolia expansion they should have Genghis or equivalent rise through actual game mechanics.  If they script the hordes appearing they might as well not expand the map.
They already did? Mongolia was sort of the point of Horse Lords. Its possible for a mongol noble to declare himself Genghis. Temujin only spawns if no one does it by the time he is supposed to go on his world tour.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10197 on: March 30, 2016, 06:43:54 pm »

Quote from: BjornB
I think you guys may be reading too much into this DD :)

In the spirit of expectation management I'll state the following:
- Maybe someone will get angry with me for saying this, but I've been saying it for a while: Map expansions are not in our planning, so don't get your hopes up for a Japan/China.
- Development has not stopped. We are however unable to discuss much details at this point. We want to try and put out something every week as we feel the DD's serve as a nice connection to our players. But if you guys prefer, maybe we should just go quiet until we have something of more substance to give you?

If you rather have nothing than more random stuff like this, let us know.

From the aforementioned thread. Now I have a sad.
Sigtext

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10198 on: March 31, 2016, 03:23:59 am »

Since my Jewish chancellor doesn't seem to sire any children, looks like my dreams of mighty Jewish England waging holy war on everyone is not going to realize.

On the brighter side, my son is quick and full of virtues. On less bright side, he's not my firstborn, so I need an unoccupied temple ASAP, but I don't want to piss people off. I almost evicted Prince-Archbishop for being a leecher, but he was killed by my troops and I've got nothing on his successor.

As it turned out, I can't disqualify my heir anyway, so it was all for nothing. Still, snatched a county and a temple from Lollard tribe. Isn't it great?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 03:43:12 am by Sirbug »
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10199 on: March 31, 2016, 09:48:41 am »

You can't order him to take the vows?

Nope, can't monkify someone if they're currently heir to something.
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 1002