Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092045 times)

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10155 on: March 28, 2016, 01:56:33 pm »

Which one is you? Also, you have enough money to buy a mid-tier mercs and wreck your enemy in a decisive battle. After this he'll be left with far less troops and you can pick on him. Force surrender fast enough and mercs will pay for themselves. Just make sure to fire them if you go into negative.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10156 on: March 28, 2016, 02:00:03 pm »

No, you get report when your spymaster detects it. It helpfully highlightes the plotter in message box so you can take actions now. If plot leader is at your court, it's also accompanied with "rightful imprisonment" alert.

I know that one, it's probably why I don't see the one I saw because I act well in advance of anyone plotting against my dynasty.

It said some nonsense about hearing rumors there was a plot against my heir, not a report from the spymaster.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10157 on: March 28, 2016, 02:02:03 pm »

I heard about this mechanics, but was never on receiving end. Tough luck.

If it makes you feel any better, it was probably your other heir.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10158 on: March 28, 2016, 02:37:04 pm »

Note that I have 8.6k troops. They have 19k.
That's possible to win, with enough of both luck and skill. One or the other won't cut it, though.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10159 on: March 28, 2016, 02:38:18 pm »

That's possible to win, with enough of both luck and skill. One or the other won't cut it, though.
On with mercs. 900 wealth is enough to buy the best, but 200-300 price would give him an edge he needs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10160 on: March 28, 2016, 05:23:58 pm »

Whoops. I appear to be the Caliph...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10161 on: March 28, 2016, 06:02:45 pm »

On with mercs. 900 wealth is enough to buy the best, but 200-300 price would give him an edge he needs.

Troops die like flies during sieges, so might be worthwhile to let the Foe take a couple holdings.  Just make sure you get the men out of the front line holdings first (those you can, at any rate).  And with that many troops, the AI tends to Storm, which causes further losses.

Proper mercenary usage is all about timing.  Buy them too soon, and they're be out of money and gone before you can engage the enemy.  Too late, and they won't help you.  It still comes down to one critical battle.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10162 on: March 28, 2016, 06:13:10 pm »

Furthermore, abuse attrition to all it's worth. You can take down doomstacks by luring them into mountains and such.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10163 on: March 28, 2016, 07:47:58 pm »

Do you remember the game I posted screenshots about? Decided to play some more.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10164 on: March 28, 2016, 07:56:28 pm »

Dat HRE blob tho.  :o How did that happen?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10165 on: March 28, 2016, 07:57:39 pm »

In Khazaria's favour, I started out as a single county nomad in my game and now own pretty much the entire steppe region. I am a player though, and abused a little bit of the AIs "wtf are you doing!?" idiocy.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10166 on: March 28, 2016, 08:19:49 pm »

Silesia stronk.
Gotta dig that coal.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10167 on: March 28, 2016, 10:32:11 pm »

Okay, Abu Bakr~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10168 on: March 28, 2016, 10:44:17 pm »

Okay, Abu Bakr~ Togli

FTFY

It was their own fault. If they had kept that 14k army for me to attack with my Khagan so he might die I'd have left them to it, but no, they disbanded it as soon as the "hostile due to raiding" timer ran out.

At least now I can start attacking the Indian sub-continent.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10169 on: March 29, 2016, 12:25:12 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 1002