Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091939 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10140 on: March 27, 2016, 07:51:05 pm »

Ah okay, I found the thing. Thanks.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10141 on: March 27, 2016, 08:49:45 pm »

Well, my heir and doge died in quick succession, meaning the republic went to the AI. Who has proceeded to get into defensive wars (and is losing) with a HRE duke for tribute and an irish duke for a province.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10142 on: March 28, 2016, 02:21:04 am »

Does anyone know how I can get my CD key from Steam? I can see the ones for the DLC but not the base game.

I was unaware of this, but apparently, they're removing them as part of phasing out the key system through Steam.  From this FAQ I found on their forums.
OMG the keys that used to show up in my Steam library are GONE!
Yes and this is intended. As we turn off the third party key distribution the keys will disappear over time. Not all products have had this done yet but the goal is to remove the need for users to register manually and instead just sync their Steam account to get all games registered to their accounts.

I don't want to register my Steam account!
That's cool, we won't force you but it will make your life much simpler since you need to manually register your games one at a time.

UPDATE:
You don't need to link the account, this is true, however since keys will no longer be visible in your Steam library you will be unable to register the game UNLESS it's a physical copy. For now, some keys are visible and will remain so until we turn them off, this is an ongoing process. If you don't link, you will be unable to access some parts of the forum but you will still be able to get help if you open a ticket.

I'm guessing the base game for CK2 was hit as part of this, since I can't retrieve it through Steam anymore, either.

My concern is that my current account is actually my second one on their forum: I absolutely could not access the first, and thus was forced to create a second.  How long until I'm labeled a pirate and lose all access to the Mods forums, oh my oh my how long indeed...

EDIT: Going through the link process, suspicious of Paradox is going to be learning my Steam Password.  Especially since Paradox has gotten hacked before.

EDIT2: Despite above concerns, linkage was successful, and no claims of piracy yet.  Yay!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10143 on: March 28, 2016, 02:32:56 am »

They can't get your password unless yo uuse the same one on the forum account, steam's API doesn't work that way.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10144 on: March 28, 2016, 02:34:39 am »

They can't get your password unless yo uuse the same one on the forum account, steam's API doesn't work that way.

Huh?  What forum?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10145 on: March 28, 2016, 02:37:39 am »

OK...

Managed to get my heir back to Tengri. Just had him be held hostage by the other clan for 12 years. Still retains his clearly superior Cuman culture though.

For their help, I took most of their land in TRIBUTE BITCHES gratitude. I can maintain a maximum population of ~140k, so I am now pretty much the most amazing nomad, and it only took about 150 years. One county to pretty much them all. May have issues getting the last few holy sites for the Tengri faith (mostly because I don't know what they are yet... my current Yazidi leader (because why the fuck not) just won't die)

Super expensive horde to maintain whenever they need to replenish, so I'll be going on many a raiding run to continue building up my camp and getting ready to reform the faith.

Holy shit are nomads fun.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10146 on: March 28, 2016, 02:38:02 am »

Huh?  What forum?

Sorry, that's pretty much all of what I use the paradox account for, so I called it that.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10147 on: March 28, 2016, 02:46:14 am »

Huh?  What forum?

Sorry, that's pretty much all of what I use the paradox account for, so I called it that.
Yeah, I wasn't clear, I should have said "which forum", so you would know I was confused if you were talking about Paradox or Steam forum above.

I guess what you're saying is that steam's API (not sure what API is, but I'm guessing it is what links the Paradox forum to the Steam account), doesn't allow Paradox access to my Steam password, even though they had a giant "Third Party, totally not Steam" disclaimer.  Makes sense since it was a steam page, but the whole thing was confusing and frightening.  Its over now, for better or for worse.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10148 on: March 28, 2016, 02:53:37 am »

It was saying the website you were connecting to your steam account is 3rd party--the site you were logging in to was steam.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10149 on: March 28, 2016, 07:33:25 am »

Also, remember that Steam Guard is a thing, so a potential account hacker needs more than your password to access your account.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10150 on: March 28, 2016, 12:08:35 pm »

My heir was just assassinated.

ffs...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10151 on: March 28, 2016, 01:34:45 pm »

ffs...
Did you not detect the plot? Usually plotters back off when ask. Kinda silly.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10152 on: March 28, 2016, 01:37:37 pm »

ffs...
Did you not detect the plot? Usually plotters back off when ask. Kinda silly.

I got a notification that someone was gonna kill him, then checked the plots tab to stop I, but it wasn't there, so I decided to wait for a few days to see if it popped up.

I've never had the notification before, so I didn't realize that it was because the plot had already triggered and I needed to act immediately.

Ah well, live and learn.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10153 on: March 28, 2016, 01:42:47 pm »

No, you get report when your spymaster detects it. It helpfully highlightes the plotter in message box so you can take actions now. If plot leader is at your court, it's also accompanied with "rightful imprisonment" alert.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10154 on: March 28, 2016, 01:48:21 pm »

Wait for the next DLC and get those humours to rot in your living body.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 1002