Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091961 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10125 on: March 27, 2016, 12:34:08 pm »

One of the good things about Paradox's new DLC scheme is that even if a mod makes use of DLC features the mod will require that DLC to run as for example Bethesda games do. Though you will still need the DLC to use the dependant content, of course.
... Isn't that a given? I'm confused.
He kind of misspelled it a bit. I think he meant:
One of the good things about Paradox's new DLC scheme is that even if a mod makes use of DLC features the mod won't require that DLC to run like Bethesda games do. Though you will still need the DLC to use the dependent content, of course.
So you can use, say, CK2+ without Sword of Islam (just without being able to play as muslims), unlike say... Skyrim, where if you try to run a mod that requires DLC content without owning the DLC, it'll just crash.

Ninjas and all that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10126 on: March 27, 2016, 02:40:54 pm »

@Ispil @Teneb

Gotcha, makes sense!

Anyways, having a blast as Polan so that I can in to space, but man with my mod combination I can go more than a decade of in-game time without crashing. UGH.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10127 on: March 27, 2016, 02:42:05 pm »

Anyways, having a blast as Polan so that I can in to space
You are a good man.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: March 27, 2016, 02:48:47 pm »

Anyways, having a blast as Polan so that I can in to space
You are a good man.

The year is just about 920... There's far too many Karlings still alive and I've managed to reform the Slavic faith to fight off the Catholic empires of the west. The Sons of Perun are very strong and are my BFFs. Sadly the progenitor of my illustrious line has died at the ripe age of 70, leaving the Kingdom to his five remaining sons. In his infinite wisdom he has taught all his line that to get ahead in life you must procreate endlessly--and true to his teachings, after only three generations, I have managed to bring the dynasty up to around 50 members.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10129 on: March 27, 2016, 02:57:25 pm »

>You play as Poland
>You play as Slavic Poland
Love you. No homo.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: March 27, 2016, 03:06:50 pm »

If you were a merchant republic you'd have so bloody many trade posts.

One advantage of reformed pagan MRs is that you can take concubines to rapidly increase your trade post count.

I actually started a Slavic Polish Republic Run, but lost the save--since my game is crashing so much right now, if I can find the cause of the crashes, perhaps I will start anew and go the route of Słowiańska Repbulic once more!

EDIT: Yes. YES! I see it now, I shall form the USPR--The Union of Slavic Polish Republics--and I shall promote Republicanism and the Slavic Faith across Europe! Ahahaha! AHAHAHAHAH!!!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 03:13:22 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: March 27, 2016, 04:11:37 pm »

@Ispil @Teneb

Gotcha, makes sense!

Ayp, those two guys were right. Thanks for the catch, right guys.
Love, scriver~

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10132 on: March 27, 2016, 04:14:14 pm »

EDIT: Yes. YES! I see it now, I shall form the USPR--The Union of Slavic Polish Republics--and I shall promote Republicanism and the Slavic Faith across Europe! Ahahaha! AHAHAHAHAH!!!

Gods bless you, Comrade.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: March 27, 2016, 04:26:28 pm »

Gods bless you, Comrade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxlytWahi7M

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: March 27, 2016, 04:28:48 pm »

Question: is it possible to convert from an established religion -specifically Sunni Muslim - to an unreformed Pagan faith - specifically Tengri?

I converted when a giant Muslim empire (Abassids have broken up into multiple independent entities) with the expectation I could convert back, what with a Tengri wife and concubines, but no. The UI is ugly as fuck.

Anyhow, all DLC except conclave, so I can't have my kid educated as Tengri except if I send him off to a rival Khagan, which I don't really want to do because it means no wars for 12 years, and they are the biggest Khanate outside my realm.

I was thinking perhaps trying to get my court chaplain to convert to Tengri... but how does one go about that? Do I need to just send them to a province of the Tengri faith (ironically the only ones are the de jure duchy I got attacked by the Muslims for) with the cynical trait, and hope they get converted?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: March 27, 2016, 04:43:45 pm »

Well, you don't have to send the kid off. Just get a Tengri fellow in your court. Concubines work in this regard.

I'm presently having him educated by a Tengri lady in a vassal's court. Unfortunately the vassal is also Sunni, and - according to the wiki -  since their "employer" is of a different faith, they can't convert their wards.

I may not have the option to convert since I don't have the piety yet... though I don't even have a greyed out option :( I am getting a ridiculous amount of prestige per month though, something on the level of 18! I usually need multiple empire titles before getting to that!

So long as I can convert back at some point, it's alright. Might just spend all my spare time and cash on getting the piety together to attempt it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: March 27, 2016, 05:00:43 pm »

No, you should have the option, just grayed out. Is your capital in a Tengri province? It may have converted.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: March 27, 2016, 05:08:03 pm »

No, you should have the option, just grayed out. Is your capital in a Tengri province? It may have converted.

I had it one at one point, don't think the option was there even then.

I am nomadic, which may present a problem, seeing as it's a capital "camp", or whatever, rather than a province. But I moved the capital in an effort to improve a trade post, which didn't work, so I'll move it back anyway.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: March 27, 2016, 07:24:57 pm »

Does anyone know how I can get my CD key from Steam? I can see the ones for the DLC but not the base game.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: March 27, 2016, 07:49:44 pm »

Does anyone know how I can get my CD key from Steam? I can see the ones for the DLC but not the base game.

I was unaware of this, but apparently, they're removing them as part of phasing out the key system through Steam.  From this FAQ I found on their forums.
OMG the keys that used to show up in my Steam library are GONE!
Yes and this is intended. As we turn off the third party key distribution the keys will disappear over time. Not all products have had this done yet but the goal is to remove the need for users to register manually and instead just sync their Steam account to get all games registered to their accounts.

I don't want to register my Steam account!
That's cool, we won't force you but it will make your life much simpler since you need to manually register your games one at a time.

UPDATE:
You don't need to link the account, this is true, however since keys will no longer be visible in your Steam library you will be unable to register the game UNLESS it's a physical copy. For now, some keys are visible and will remain so until we turn them off, this is an ongoing process. If you don't link, you will be unable to access some parts of the forum but you will still be able to get help if you open a ticket.

I'm guessing the base game for CK2 was hit as part of this, since I can't retrieve it through Steam anymore, either.
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 1002