Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092104 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10035 on: March 21, 2016, 03:55:46 pm »

It really does sucks that I don't actually own any DLC. :/
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: March 21, 2016, 03:57:23 pm »

It really does sucks that I don't actually own any DLC. :/

<something derogatory about Poles because that's obviously the reason why>, aye? /xenophobia

But yes it does suck, they're actually pretty good.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10037 on: March 21, 2016, 03:58:56 pm »

<something derogatory about Poles because that's obviously the reason why>, aye? /xenophobia
Well, the reason is that I am way too fucking poor to waste my glorious Polish golden coins on DLCs for CK2, so you might be actually right.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: March 21, 2016, 04:01:16 pm »

Pretty sure it uses the host's DLC in mechanical respects, but I'm not sure if you can play Islamic without owning SoI or Pagans without owning Old Gods etc.

Which would make it pretty similar to the base game, where the base game is upgraded but you can't play as certain groups.  I'm almost positive that the host's Legacy of Rome lets you use retinues though.
This. You don't need the DLCs yourself when it comes to Paradox games.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10039 on: March 21, 2016, 04:02:54 pm »

Well, the reason is that I am way too fucking poor to waste my glorious Polish golden coins on DLCs for CK2, so you might be actually right.
<something cheeky about Nazi gold>

If you can afford them when they're on sale, I'd highly recommend it. But you probably have better things to trade your coins for :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10040 on: March 21, 2016, 04:05:24 pm »

Pretty sure it uses the host's DLC in mechanical respects, but I'm not sure if you can play Islamic without owning SoI or Pagans without owning Old Gods etc.

Which would make it pretty similar to the base game, where the base game is upgraded but you can't play as certain groups.  I'm almost positive that the host's Legacy of Rome lets you use retinues though.

If this is the case, then I can't play if we go with Mongols since I don't own Horse Lords. Same with SoI.  Byzantines still seems like the best option.  I have to agree with the sorta close areas thing since otherwise we will probably end up with megablobs all over the place.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10041 on: March 21, 2016, 04:13:03 pm »

Let's make elective HRE or something.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: March 21, 2016, 04:15:24 pm »

Everything I've seen online indicates that the Host's DLC is used/shared by everyone or something like that. So if we can find someone with all/most of the important DLC then we can have them host and not have to worry about compatibility. Which is to say that we can pretty much assume that everything is available to play as. If we want to do Mongol hordes or African pagans or whatever then it won't be a problem. Everyone should be able to play together. Assuming that we can all connect and what not, but that's a problem for another day.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10043 on: March 21, 2016, 04:18:44 pm »

Yeah it's very possible that all players get *all* the benefits of the host's DLC, I'm not sure.  The UI does sorta imply that as I recall.
Regrettably I won't be able to join, but godsspeed to all of you.  Multiplayer with my friends is pretty neat even when people have to drop out early.

They do say to stay at speed 2 or 1 to reduce desyncs though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10044 on: March 21, 2016, 04:19:39 pm »

They do say to stay at speed 2 or 1 to reduce desyncs though.

Wise words...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10045 on: March 21, 2016, 04:28:41 pm »

I've never played multiplayer before, but from what I've heard that is true. Slow and steady keeps the game sync'd.

If we are going to do multiplayer, we really need to make a thread or something to organize all of this. Vote on where we want to play and what we want to do. Sunset Invasion or no Sunset Invasion. Stuff like that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10046 on: March 21, 2016, 04:31:00 pm »

I've never played multiplayer before, but from what I've heard that is true. Slow and steady keeps the game sync'd.

If we are going to do multiplayer, we really need to make a thread or something to organize all of this. Vote on where we want to play and what we want to do. Sunset Invasion or no Sunset Invasion. Stuff like that.

+1

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10047 on: March 21, 2016, 04:50:20 pm »

Well, we need to take into account what DLC everyone has. I don't have SoI or Charlemagne.

Do we? I'm sure one of you buggers said it plays with the host's DLC.

*raises hand*...and yeah, it works like that. & RE: out of sync problems: something that happens occasionally doesn't happen all the time. :D It's a PD game. [Let's hope that they have improved that Stellaris MP code for real.]

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10048 on: March 21, 2016, 04:53:45 pm »

If the host has DLC that affects gameplay, then you get it too. There aren't any restrictions on that for people you can play. One of my friends has all the DLC so he always hosts the games I play with him.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10049 on: March 21, 2016, 04:56:16 pm »

OK, I have to ask, does playing ironman increase the difficulty, or is it exclusively no savescumming/cheating? If the former, at least I know WHY I'm getting dicked over. If the latter, the best I can assume is the game is under the impression that ironman mode *actually* means 'No savescumming or cheating, and the player enjoys not being able to last more than 50 years before getting fucked up the ass'

I was under the impression it was only no savescumming.

All my games have been ironman games, and they last hunners of years. This in Ireland, Scotland, the non Charlie France, Rogaland and Munda (India)

Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1002