Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092220 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10005 on: March 21, 2016, 10:46:19 am »

Remember: There's nothing wrong with becoming their vassals then slowly consuming them from the inside out.

Other than it being exactly "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!"
Closer to 'If you can't beat them, join them then steadily tear apart their very life while they can't do anything about it aside from try to revoke your titles and oh dear do I have a larger army than you now?'

It's working well for you in your games, isn't it? :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10006 on: March 21, 2016, 10:50:26 am »

Anyway, I really want to try a MP game. Who would be up for it?

I'd be interested.

I'd join. Haven't done MP at all. Do you want to start a thread for it?

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10007 on: March 21, 2016, 10:56:45 am »

I'd join. Haven't done MP at all. Do you want to start a thread for it?

Also interested for the same reasons. Probably should make a thread for it.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10008 on: March 21, 2016, 11:26:38 am »

Remember: There's nothing wrong with becoming their vassals then slowly consuming them from the inside out.

Other than it being exactly "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!"
Closer to 'If you can't beat them, join them then steadily tear apart their very life while they can't do anything about it aside from try to revoke your titles and oh dear do I have a larger army than you now?'

It's working well for you in your games, isn't it? :P
Hey, in those games I was already part of the empire when I started AND my liege hated me constantly because I was a foreign infidel.
Hey, if you were a loyal vassal, you'd stop being a foreign infidel.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10009 on: March 21, 2016, 11:55:14 am »

But muh inbreeding

You can get back to that after you've taken over t'empire, aye? At least that seems to be the prevailing wisdom for a Zoroastrian game...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10010 on: March 21, 2016, 12:08:25 pm »

I'd be interested.

I as well.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10011 on: March 21, 2016, 12:11:37 pm »

I'd be interested.

I as well.

I'll throw my hat in, but it's quite dependent on time (specifically Tuesday-Thursday and Friday afternoons)

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10012 on: March 21, 2016, 12:17:40 pm »

I'm a bit confused. When I raise my vassal's levies, do his own vassals pool in, or am I only raising percentage from his demesne?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10013 on: March 21, 2016, 12:27:13 pm »

I'm a bit confused. When I raise my vassal's levies, do his own vassals pool in, or am I only raising percentage from his demesne?

If you're a count you get a certain percentage of your mayors/barons/priests levies. If you're a duke, you get a cut of each county's levy (a pool of all the barony-level titles there)--which is affected only by your relations with the Count and not the mayors/barons/priests. If you're a king then you get a cut of the Duchy's total levy--which is again, only affected by your relationship with the Duke + the county levies in your duchy + any levies from the mayors/barons/priests in counties you control. So yes, Think of it like this--As a king you are getting a cut determined by your realm laws from each of the pooled county levies within any given duchy (including any controlled by the Duke), only modified by your relations with the Duke of said duchy. I think.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10014 on: March 21, 2016, 12:48:17 pm »

I was promised if my crown authority is high, titles won't pass away from my realm. But there's still warning.
Do laws of kingdom supercede laws of Empire? Or will it be prevented?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10015 on: March 21, 2016, 01:01:54 pm »

So, what setting for multiplayer? I'm thinking something like "Each a Byzantine Duke, and elective"?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10016 on: March 21, 2016, 01:09:45 pm »

So, what setting for multiplayer? I'm thinking something like "Each a Byzantine Duke, and elective"?

Never played as a Byzantine, but it sounds good.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10017 on: March 21, 2016, 01:12:15 pm »

I think we need an agreement on no revoking Duchy titles from players and we're set.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10018 on: March 21, 2016, 02:24:16 pm »

In my current game I started as the Petty King of Nubia with the goal of trying to create the most powerful realm of united Christendom I could*. To this end I needed to spread out over Abyssinia. Initially I focused on creating the Kindgom Of Nubia, successfully doing so after pressing a few quick county claims to gain territory. I then decided to test my might against the Sunni Muslims to the North, being driven back humiliatingly by an alliance of several duchies to protecting their heathen faith. Embittered by this loss I turned my eye back to the South-East, towards my neighbours in the De-Jure kingdom of Abyssinia. I swept past the native Ethiopians to attack the Muslims on their far side, claiming several counties for myself, then settling down to wait for an opening on more lands.

My good fortune provided me with a way to seize the lands of Abyssinia from it's rightful rulers. The King had betrayed the Coptic faith, embracing the Monophysite heresy. Given this opportunity I stormed into his lands to reclaim them for the Virgin Mary, eventually seizing enough that I could usurp his title, but of course he was a heathen, and thus I could not usurp his titles. Then he died, his first son was also a heathen, but he was incapable and short lived as a ruler, serving only to be stripped of more lands by me. The second son of Abyssinia was not a heathen however, and I was able to usurp his throne and vassalise him. Leaving me as the sole ruler of the two Kingdoms.

Once again I turned a baleful eye towards the lands of Egypt to the North. Now with my armies filled with the wrathful armies of Nubia and Abyssinia I crushed the first duchy in my path. An attempt to seize Alexandria as well failed, once more the Muslim foe had banded together to deny me my prize.

Disheartened, but ambitious, I managed to arrange a matrilineal betrothal between my firstborn daughter and the grandson of the Basileus of Byzantium, and betrothed another daughter to a prince of Lombardy. Both realms welcomed my request for a formal alliance, and with their backing, and the help of Nubian and Ethiopian mercenaries the duchies of Egypt crumbled before me, opening the way for the creation of a holy order dedicated to the Miaphysite faith.

I then swept my gaze East, towards the heaving bulk of the Abbassids. I knew that the next step in creating the most glorious of Christian Kingdoms would require the envelopment of the Nestorian faith, and their Holy Lands lay in the hands of the Caliph. My armies clashed with theirs, and would have faltered and failed were it not for the service of my mercenaries, my new holy order and the vast armies of Byzantium. The Caliphs lands were already embroiled in a civil war when my men arrived, and both rebels and liege were swept from the South-Western lands of Arabia by the glorious men of god. The Abbassid's were eventually shattered by the rebellions that squirmed inside their land. New petty kingdoms took it's place, each but a shadow of the power of the old Caliphate. Easy prey for my further conquests.

It was during this time that I converted to the Nestorian faith, losing the service of my Holy Order, and began to fabricate a claim on Rome, receiving one in a mere few years. Rome was easily conquered, the Pope a weak and unprepared opponent.

I ultimately found myself holding the lands of Baghdad, Jerusalem and Antioch. If I could return the peoples of these lands to the ways of Christ yet another Holy Order would rise from the ashes of the heathen's pyre to lend me their blades, and, after a decade of preaching and heathen uprisings at last those lands saw the light.

My duty to the Nestorian faith complete, I took up the mantle of the Orthodox faith, intending to prepare my lands for my heir, for she was the wife of the Byzantine Emperor at this time, and her sons, heirs to the Empire were of my dynasty.

Not long after I passed away. In my 60s, ruler of the Abyssinian Empire and restorer of two ancient orders of Christendom.

It falls to my grandson to continue my work on uniting the children of Christ. I have left him a good legacy with which to wage a great war of the faith. He may lack my stength of faith and will, but I believe he will end the divide between the christian peoples of Europe and Africa.

*One of my mods make Mending the Schism roll Nestorians and Miaphysites into Orthodox as well as Catholics, so all Christians are one thing once the schisms is mended.

All that wound up waaaay longer than I originally intended.  ???
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10019 on: March 21, 2016, 03:15:04 pm »

As long as my ping wouldn't ruin it for everyone, I could join too. Did all DLCs get shared except the unit ones on MP?
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 1002