Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092202 times)

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9990 on: March 20, 2016, 07:37:20 pm »

Welp, Aztec hordes sacked Westminster and offered my entire family up in sacrifice to heathen gods.

AUGHH PARADOX I GET IT! I'm sorry for being white and American, just stop with the doomstacks!  :'(

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9991 on: March 20, 2016, 09:02:58 pm »

My character went "wenching" and became incapable. What is this supposed to represent?
Wenched too hard, had a stroke?
You missed your dead wife so much you tried to compensate with sex.

The event has a 90% chance of lustful and 10% chance of incapable.

I'll leave it to your imagination how that happens (protip: it involves elephants and a trampoline).
It's always unfortunate when the harness on the horse fails, but at least the greased Scotsman got out with the maids.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9992 on: March 21, 2016, 02:48:17 am »

King of Ruthenia got himself voted for Croatia, I hate this guy. He has more land then me, and I'm his Emperor. At least I denied him Perm by switching it back to Gravelkind.

I really wish there was some kind of sensible province trade system, so I could evict a count from my Duchy and dump another duchy on him instead, so my demesne was more consolidated.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9993 on: March 21, 2016, 04:45:21 am »

If a count or a duke holds a county within your personally held duchy, or has more than one county title, you can usually plot to revoke the title in your duchy.

If your laws allow turkey revocation then you can just revoke it outright. Of course, both he and your other vassals will dislike you for that. Revoking a county from somebody who has revolted against you and lost is fair game, though.
Love, scriver~

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9994 on: March 21, 2016, 04:55:56 am »

I really wish there was some kind of sensible province trade system, so I could evict a count from my Duchy and dump another duchy on him instead, so my demesne was more consolidated.
I'm not sure that would fly in a historic medieval hierarchy.  Being rightful holder of a major title was a big deal, its not a bargaining chip to be traded away.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9995 on: March 21, 2016, 07:42:23 am »

I'm not sure that would fly in a historic medieval hierarchy.  Being rightful holder of a major title was a big deal, its not a bargaining chip to be traded away.
Correct.  It would, however, have its uses in modeling the Russian rota system, where something like this in fact existed (when the Grand Prince of Kyiv dies, the next in the line of succession moves to Kyiv, his own successor takes up his previous position, and so forth, effectively leading to a "ladder-like" ascension through the hierarchy of titles).  While there's less sign of it in vanilla (maybe the Byzantines?), it could also have its uses in mods (f'rex, a late-Han/early Warlord/Three Kingdoms mod that handles the buildup to the era, modeling cases where a person ruling one prefecture was reassigned to another one).  This has not been implemented largely because coding for it is a huge pain in the tuchus for questionable benefit.  That said, they did eventually figure out how to install tanistry, so...

EDIT: Ah, a missing period. Thankfully, it'll have less consequences than some other cases I can think of.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 07:52:34 am by Culise »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9996 on: March 21, 2016, 07:49:17 am »

These kind of things did happen in Frankish Outremer, where the link between fiefs and dynasty was weaker due to being a fairly recent conquest and everyone just dying all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if it occured in post-conquest England too.

Anyway, I really want to try a MP game. Who would be up for it?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9997 on: March 21, 2016, 08:17:14 am »

Ah, a missing period. Thankfully, it'll have less consequences than some other cases I can think of.
Particularly under gavelkind!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9998 on: March 21, 2016, 09:51:58 am »

This game is absolutely LOVING fucking me over in ironman.

Every ironman game has fucked me over somehow. Latest? Over half of Britain decided they didn't like the looks of me.

That's why they call it IRONman, not Normalman.  :P

These kind of things did happen in Frankish Outremer, where the link between fiefs and dynasty was weaker due to being a fairly recent conquest and everyone just dying all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if it occured in post-conquest England too.

Anyway, I really want to try a MP game. Who would be up for it?

I'd be interested.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9999 on: March 21, 2016, 10:19:44 am »

Something needs to be done with Holy Roman Empire. I have a lot of levies, but they have more. They took over most of Western Europe and also Jerusalem.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10000 on: March 21, 2016, 10:23:11 am »

Deus Vult!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10001 on: March 21, 2016, 10:31:57 am »

But they are Catholics. In fact they gained Jerusalem in a Crusade.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10002 on: March 21, 2016, 10:37:45 am »

Allah Vult, then!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10003 on: March 21, 2016, 10:41:27 am »

Being an Empire makes it hard though.

I want to ask, so far I haven't bought any DLC and I understand most of what they offer I get for free with latest patches. Should I actually buy those major DLCs or it isn't worth it?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10004 on: March 21, 2016, 10:42:36 am »

Remember: There's nothing wrong with becoming their vassals then slowly consuming them from the inside out.

Other than it being exactly "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!"

Being an Empire makes it hard though.

I want to ask, so far I haven't bought any DLC and I understand most of what they offer I get for free with latest patches. Should I actually buy those major DLCs or it isn't worth it?

Yes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 1002