Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092199 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9975 on: March 20, 2016, 09:10:51 am »

I wish it was possible to educate child prisoners.  Educate a foreign prince in your culture and religion -> release him, he loves you -> make sure they inherit -> foreign realm is friendly and the vassals may willingly convert too

Child prisoners used to have a chance of absorbing their captor's culture and religion.  Not sure how it works, mechanically, or if it still exists.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9976 on: March 20, 2016, 09:41:05 am »

I wish it was possible to educate child prisoners.  Educate a foreign prince in your culture and religion -> release him, he loves you -> make sure they inherit -> foreign realm is friendly and the vassals may willingly convert too

The disadvantage being that your other vassals dislike him if he stays in your court? Sounds balanced, I like it.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9977 on: March 20, 2016, 09:51:59 am »

Yessssss, goblin mode CK2 for the win. And being able to reenact the Saxon Stories in CK2, which is cool.

The disadvantage being that your other vassals dislike him if he stays in your court? Sounds balanced, I like it.
Maybe that, maybe a CB to rescue him if he's somebody's heir, maybe both.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9978 on: March 20, 2016, 10:18:37 am »

Am I correct that the only way to usurp a duchy title (within which I am a count) is by fabricating a claim or asking the Pope to give me one?  I recall that you used to be able to usurp duchies by holding at least 50% of the de jure county titles, but that doesn't seem to be an option here - I'm guessing that's because I'm a vassal of the relevant duke?
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9979 on: March 20, 2016, 10:31:55 am »

Could be that it's just very expensive in terms of coin and/or prestige.

It should tell you what the issue regarding inability to usurp in the screen that tells you about the title.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9980 on: March 20, 2016, 10:33:00 am »

Am I correct that the only way to usurp a duchy title (within which I am a count) is by fabricating a claim or asking the Pope to give me one?  I recall that you used to be able to usurp duchies by holding at least 50% of the de jure county titles, but that doesn't seem to be an option here - I'm guessing that's because I'm a vassal of the relevant duke?
You're not allowed to usurp a title from your liege lord using the usurp title button.

Either you inherit it, declare independence then take it, or change your liege lord then take it.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9981 on: March 20, 2016, 10:37:07 am »

You're not allowed to usurp a title from your liege lord using the usurp title button.

Either you inherit it, declare independence then take it, or change your liege lord then take it.

Aha, gotcha, thanks.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9982 on: March 20, 2016, 12:10:13 pm »

My vassal decided to declare war on Mongols. Good luck buddy.

Meanwhile Poland is besieged by 12K rebels. How the hell did this happen?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 12:48:27 pm by Sirbug »
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9983 on: March 20, 2016, 01:29:37 pm »

Why wouldn't polan get completely annihilated by rebels? It's only natural.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9984 on: March 20, 2016, 01:54:55 pm »

They almost did, but I wanted to build Kingdom of Pomerania and my path lied through rebel forces.

Now, what are my odds if I install wife of my kinsman as queen of Poland to get her daughter to vassalize for me down the road? I'm tired of Poland not being part of my beautiful empire, ruining the shape.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9985 on: March 20, 2016, 03:24:17 pm »

Wow, I didn't know Mongols are such pushovers. I guess there was some kind of speical scripted events that gave them all those troops? Now they are easy picking for holy wars.

Stuck with duchy on the other end of empire. I'd shove it to one of my kings, but nearest is already annoying me by infringing on my beloved Hungary.

Noticed that there's on Orthodox Christianity anywhere anymore. Rus are Iconoclasts and Byzantium is run by the French Catholics. Is this usually Orthodox fate?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9986 on: March 20, 2016, 03:35:27 pm »

Wow, I didn't know Mongols are such pushovers. I guess there was some kind of speical scripted events that gave them all those troops? Now they are easy picking for holy wars.
Yeah, they get doomstacks with Ghenghis Khan and so on.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9987 on: March 20, 2016, 06:07:47 pm »

My character went "wenching" and became incapable. What is this supposed to represent?

Wasted my whole budged on mercs trying to fight the revolt. Luckily, my new character just came of age right as my previous died, so I wonder what to do next. Keep plundering mongols? They are only ones without defensive pact against me.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9988 on: March 20, 2016, 06:21:31 pm »

My character went "wenching" and became incapable. What is this supposed to represent?
Wenched too hard, had a stroke?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9989 on: March 20, 2016, 07:08:26 pm »

Wenched too hard, had a stroke?
You missed your dead wife so much you tried to compensate with sex.

The event has a 90% chance of lustful and 10% chance of incapable.

I'll leave it to your imagination how that happens (protip: it involves elephants and a trampoline).
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 1002