Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092426 times)

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9945 on: March 17, 2016, 03:39:30 pm »

Makes sense, but it's not mine. It's my Uncle's. He's one of the kings in my empire.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9946 on: March 17, 2016, 04:14:59 pm »

So... Uh. Umi. If the point was to highlight the heir and ignore your current character... Why not just open the heirs window and screenshot that? That way you'd include the awesome stats as well.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9947 on: March 17, 2016, 04:23:17 pm »

So... Uh. Umi. If the point was to highlight the heir and ignore your current character... Why not just open the heirs window and screenshot that? That way you'd include the awesome stats as well.
I'll let you think about it. :P

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9948 on: March 17, 2016, 04:25:45 pm »

Funny. Somehow my plot triggered two murder events at once. So poor guy got poisoned and then thrown off the cliff in a carriage. Nobody suspects a thing.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9949 on: March 17, 2016, 06:16:42 pm »

That happens when your plot has a low enough MTTH. Sometimes the second one happens after they die and it says it's you who's about to die instead (but you don't really).

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9950 on: March 17, 2016, 07:31:26 pm »

A game I started tonight as Venice in the CM start is going... oddly. Not for Venice itself, but for Francia and Lombardy (also Avaria and the Magyars I guess?). Why?

Spoiler: Well... (click to show/hide)

It's incredibly early and I've never seen the AI expand like that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9951 on: March 17, 2016, 07:33:31 pm »

That's what... 40 years of game time?

Or only 20? :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9952 on: March 17, 2016, 07:37:49 pm »

That's what... 40 years of game time?

Or only 20? :o
17, actually.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9953 on: March 17, 2016, 07:40:37 pm »

That's quite impressive.

Do you know if the... Saxon revolt thing (I think it's a doomstack with a named dude) has triggered yet?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9954 on: March 17, 2016, 10:30:24 pm »

A game I started tonight as Venice in the CM start is going... oddly. Not for Venice itself, but for Francia and Lombardy (also Avaria and the Magyars I guess?). Why?

Spoiler: Well... (click to show/hide)

It's incredibly early and I've never seen the AI expand like that.

I've seen Lombardy invade northern Africa time and again in my games, sometimes quite early. Avaria and the Magyars are very interesting though (I suppose the former took advantage of Byzantine revolts while the latter decided they wanted to be Wallachia?). Your Francia's rather impressive, as Charlemagne often doesn't achieve anything of note when I play; heck, seems he's more prone to losing land to the Moors than he is to gaining it.

Well fucking great.

My Zoroastrian game has ended ... And in addition to that, had the Abbassids broken up this game like they usually do now, I could have so fucking easily done it. But again, no. No, since I was a vassal they were super fucking stable. Why? Because why the fuck not?

Perhaps it's time for you to overcome the odds and screw the Abbasids as a Zunist PRAISE THE SUN?
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9955 on: March 18, 2016, 01:40:22 pm »

Oh, this is great. My character dropped dead, his heir was underaged and instantly got killed, and I got hit by gravelking between two sisters.

During traditional celebration of succession by means of rebellion, jerks from Rus snatched a province from me. Croatia still doesn't want to be my Vassal, even though absolutely nobody else could save them from total annihilation. And I'm sitting out crusade in anticipation of the next rebellion.

But it could be worse. At least I had good sense in marry my eldest daughter matrileary.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9956 on: March 18, 2016, 01:50:56 pm »

Oh, this is great. My character dropped dead, his heir was underaged and instantly got killed, and I got hit by gravelking between two sisters.

During traditional celebration of succession by means of rebellion, jerks from Rus snatched a province from me. Croatia still doesn't want to be my Vassal, even though absolutely nobody else could save them from total annihilation. And I'm sitting out crusade in anticipation of the next rebellion.

But it could be worse. At least I had good sense in marry my eldest daughter matrileary.
Sounds like you're having fun.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9957 on: March 18, 2016, 01:52:40 pm »

It can always be worse, one of those rebels could be wearing a suit of armour like that of Henry VIII
Spoiler: It is terrifying (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9958 on: March 18, 2016, 01:59:54 pm »

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9959 on: March 18, 2016, 02:02:09 pm »

It can always be worse, one of those rebels could be wearing a suit of armour like that of Henry VIII
Spoiler: It is terrifying (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now that's the codpiece of a guy who looks like he's gonna kill some wives and create some religions.
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 1002