Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092411 times)

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9930 on: March 17, 2016, 06:39:04 am »

I am an emperor of Carphatia. Gophers command me I take over Poland now, because it's just silly how my Empire looks after all those pagan subjugation.

I guess I should've become Cathar when I had a chance. But I don't want to be on a receiving end of crusade, I'm not Holy Roman Empire to withstand it.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9931 on: March 17, 2016, 07:42:39 am »

Protip: Don't bother with viceroyalties unless you like being at permanent 100% threat.

As a dude who has been using viceroyalties a lot due to being the Byzantines, I've never had that happen to me before. My threat has always stayed the same after inheriting a revolt and then winning it. Maybe you gain threat if you lose it but... Byzantines. My retinue stack has almost as much men as the Abbasids. I haven't lost a revolt yet. I came very close due to the stupidity of my former vassal, but someone I still managed to salvage things.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9932 on: March 17, 2016, 08:30:31 am »

Protip: Don't bother with viceroyalties unless you like being at permanent 100% threat.

As a dude who has been using viceroyalties a lot due to being the Byzantines, I've never had that happen to me before. My threat has always stayed the same after inheriting a revolt and then winning it. Maybe you gain threat if you lose it but... Byzantines. My retinue stack has almost as much men as the Abbasids. I haven't lost a revolt yet. I came very close due to the stupidity of my former vassal, but someone I still managed to salvage things.

Ah, the Byzantines the only guys who rival the Norse for brokenness.  :P

If you manage to combine the two you wind up with a true world stomper.  :D

Viking trait, plus Born in the Purple plus Augustus is a +40 to vassal opinions. If you make most of your vassals theocracies (it involves a lot of micromanagement to bypass the normal restrictions) you get another +30 for being Fylkir on top of that. You can be as tyrannical as you want, people will still love you.  ;D
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9933 on: March 17, 2016, 08:54:14 am »

Well at that point you might literally be a god emperor, with an army of loyal elite marines :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9934 on: March 17, 2016, 10:28:00 am »

Gotta love that in this game. Real life? Byzantines fell apart slowly over time. CKII? Nope. At worst they'll slowly lose territory then reclaim it.

Well, this may be the only time in history that the AI is smarter than real life. The Byzantines mostly fell apart due to rulers getting drunk and partying instead of dealing with the Arab Doomstacks/scheming nobles.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9935 on: March 17, 2016, 11:49:41 am »

Well, this may be the only time in history that the AI is smarter than real life. The Byzantines mostly fell apart due to rulers getting drunk and partying instead of dealing with the Arab Doomstacks/scheming nobles.
And the betrayals upon betrayals, if memory serves.
The legacy of Rome!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9936 on: March 17, 2016, 01:00:17 pm »

I wonder for what purpose did all my vassals demanded that I turn titular kingdom without a single vassal into an elective monarchy.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9937 on: March 17, 2016, 01:01:10 pm »

I wonder for what purpose did all my vassals demanded that I turn titular kingdom without a single vassal into an elective monarchy.

Was it your primary title?
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9938 on: March 17, 2016, 01:28:54 pm »

No, my primary title is an empire.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9939 on: March 17, 2016, 01:32:56 pm »

Norse byzantines don't have the option to turn all Catholics into heretics and conquer them on that CB, though, so it's hardly a perfect synthesis. And become a fylkir from Byzantium's geographic neighborhood seems difficult.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9940 on: March 17, 2016, 01:58:09 pm »

Norse byzantines don't have the option to turn all Catholics into heretics and conquer them on that CB, though, so it's hardly a perfect synthesis. And become a fylkir from Byzantium's geographic neighborhood seems difficult.
All you need to do is mend the schism and then convert to germanic.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: March 17, 2016, 02:07:29 pm »

Why is my vassal having troublesome line of succession if his heir is in my dynasty? It can't be that his county in Denmark is more important, can it?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: March 17, 2016, 02:43:03 pm »

All you need to do is mend the schism and then convert to germanic.

Converting to paganism from christianity is difficult and annoying though, it's much easier to come into the Byzantine Empire as a Norse Fylkir already (kidnap a few Byzantine princesses to get claims), use holy wars and great holy wars to get everything you need to make Rome and Mend the Schism, hand the fylkirate off to your heir, move your capital to somewhere with Orthodox religion, convert, make Rome and mend the schism, then try to turn back to pagan or wait out your own death so you become Fylkir again in the next life.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9943 on: March 17, 2016, 02:51:43 pm »

By the way, I thought you guys might like my most recent Ironman run where I nabbed almost all the Islamic achievements as well as the Looking East and West achievement (conquer both the Empire of Persia and the Empire of Rajastan) which I've been desiring for awhile.

This is my current character. Ignore the name. I highlighted his heir which I'm looking forward to playing as. The guy has awesome stats. I gave him so much stuff so he has more prestige and piety when I take over. It's been about... 15 rulers? Most of these guys die super early from sickness. The Shaybanid family started as a duchy in Syria and became this massive horde.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is the Empire that got all those achievements. Conquering India was easy. Persia not so much. Not because it was well defended, but because it's very annoying trying to get enough piety to constantly declare war on other Muslims.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My government type is called Absolute Imperial Autocracy. It sounds super redundant.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9944 on: March 17, 2016, 03:10:56 pm »

Well, my nephew died and now my Empire has a county in a middle of nowhere. What is it good for? Who knows?

Then I died and during succession got an achievement for nothing.
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 1002