Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092491 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9900 on: March 16, 2016, 03:35:38 pm »

I don't know if you even can create a titular kingdom if you already have a kingdom or empire.

You can. If you cover the world in your own empire long enough you can claim all the de jure empires destroyed in the process as titular titles to boost your prestige.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9901 on: March 16, 2016, 03:42:05 pm »

I think the reason was the because the kingdom I inherited was in a civil war for Elective Succession the civil war countries did not count as my "inherited lands" (which would otherwise be threat-free). But when the civil war ended with me accepting the rebels' demands it thus counted me as "conquering" the rebel lands even though I both lost the war and they actually just rejoined the kingdom they were already a part of (but mechanically separate from).

So yeah, it's a pretty big oversight.
Did you get threat when you inherited the kingdom? Before the end of the civil war, I mean.
[/quote]

Nope. You can clearly see in the threat window where the threat was from and it was from the war.

I don't know if you even can create a titular kingdom if you already have a kingdom or empire.

You can't create your own brand new original kingdom if you've already got a real one, but you can still create pre-existing titular kingdoms.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9902 on: March 16, 2016, 03:44:37 pm »

Did you get threat when you inherited the kingdom? Before the end of the civil war, I mean.
Nope. You can clearly see in the threat window where the threat was from and it was from the war.
I meant if you got any threat before this weird end-of-war threat. But I'm guessing the answer is still no.

My guess is that the system generates threat when you gain territory as the consequence of a war, without checking if it was a civil war or if you were in defense.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9903 on: March 16, 2016, 03:45:43 pm »

I assure you you can. I've got a reminding hanging right now.
However I already have 3 kingdoms and I worry what would happen if I have more then 3 sons and gravelkind.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9904 on: March 16, 2016, 03:46:32 pm »

I assure you you can. I've got a reminding hanging right now.
However I already have 3 kingdoms and I worry what would happen if I have more then 3 sons and gravelkind.
Fun times, of course. Do as Charlemagne before you!
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9905 on: March 16, 2016, 03:52:29 pm »

Fun times or not, last time I ended up with emperor who had no demesne. I think it might be a bug, but I'm not so sure.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9906 on: March 16, 2016, 04:42:28 pm »

Fun times or not, last time I ended up with emperor who had no demesne. I think it might be a bug, but I'm not so sure.

When a character would otherwise have no demesne and is Duke or higher, they automagically confiscate one of their vassal's holdings, in order to have one demesne.  Was like that in the original Crusader Kings as well.  Exception is when playing as a Patrician because you don't need a demesne to continue.  Dunno about nomads (is their army enough?  Dunno).

You can see it most often when you press a claim against a Duke with one county for his home county, and he has one or more Count vassals.  After you win the war, one of his Counts gets booted and he moves into their county.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9907 on: March 16, 2016, 04:53:24 pm »

Ah, see, I was assuming we were talking about the whole "Upgrade a duchy into a kingdom" thing. I'd forgotten about already-extant titular titles.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9908 on: March 16, 2016, 04:55:20 pm »

I had one barony. That I just built. And that was all I had, so I lost quickly when my brother demanded the empire.

Now, looks like I'm finally getting somewhere. I pressed claim of elderly princess of Poland who has a son who is my vassal. Let's see what will happen if she dies.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9909 on: March 16, 2016, 06:53:04 pm »

Anyone having a problem with mods on 2.5.2? A bunch of the big ones like CK+ or CK:Expanded or HIP either break unplayable or flatout crash for me.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9910 on: March 16, 2016, 07:29:47 pm »

Anyone having a problem with mods on 2.5.2? A bunch of the big ones like CK+ or CK:Expanded or HIP either break unplayable or flatout crash for me.
Probably they are not updated yet?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9911 on: March 16, 2016, 07:31:44 pm »

Mmmm. CK+ says it's compatible. On top of that... New mods I've been dling haven't been showing up. Now I've deleted and reinstalled everything and I'm encountering a slew of problems so I think it's actually something else on my end.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9912 on: March 16, 2016, 07:50:39 pm »

I wonder if the AI goes after the player on purpose, because the player's provinces tend to be richer than a standard AI's provinces... and richer provinces give more warscore?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9913 on: March 16, 2016, 07:54:03 pm »

... To be honest though. If you were in a war, and there was this big stronk guy in your war with you, and he had a temporary revolt going on... Wouldn't you focus on him, to kick him while he's down and make sure he doesn't become a threat before the war is over?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9914 on: March 16, 2016, 07:59:18 pm »

OK, I KNOW the game is intentionally fucking me over. Vassals decide to revolt. I can deal with it.

Except that EVERY FUCKING ARMY ON EARTH seems to descend on me suddenly. They're fighting MY LIEGE. WHY THE FUCK ARE THE SUDDENLY BREAKING OFF A SIEGE TO TRAVEL HALFWAY ACROSS THE FUCKING ARABIAN EMPIRE TO ATTACK MY ARMIES!?

I'm not even fucking joking. An army sitting in Jerusalem decided 'Oh fuck THAT guy!' and sent their soldiers at me. I'm able to deal with them as they keep coming one by one, but it's still depleting my army and I REALLY do not need that given that the rebels have up to 1000 more men than me at present. I say at present because they keep summoning troops from fuck knows where. They don't have any mercenaries employed, but every so often 200-800 men will just pop up in one of their provinces (it's not the event that spawns them, either. They just appear without any kind of popup happening) and reinforce their army. I'd be fine if I could get them to attack me in a mountain province, but the shits are refusing to.

I've actually had to come off because I was getting so fucking pissed off at the game deciding to try to dick me over.

Sounds like your Vassals are replenishing from their levies.  Hm, are your vassals and those fighting your liege hostile to one another?*  If so, let 'em fight it out while your army sits on a mountain out of the way (with you in command, so you can't be captured if your holding is sieged).  Previously, armies from levies would disappear if the levied province was captured, but now they remain.

What are your Vassals revolting over?  Independence is easy: Let 'em have it, and reclaim them piecemeal with the claims that you get (if it works like I recall it working, things sometimes change).  A lot of the other revolts are significantly more painful (Elective succession and install pretender, primarily, although with the new DLC, "War Committee" is also a pain).

*EDIT: Just remembered, that when subjects revolt, they become subjects of the next higher liege.  Hence your revolting subjects (if you have the Old Gods expansion) are at the same level as you, and thus they should be just as vulnerable to the folks attacking your liege as you are.  By which I mean, the leader of the revolt is the same as you.
Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 1002