Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092559 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9885 on: March 16, 2016, 04:23:57 am »

Goddammit paradox. I just inherited a kingdom and a civil war for elective inheritance, so I surrendered to my new vassals. Got stuck with a 50% threat rating for it.
...why would that result in threat rating?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9886 on: March 16, 2016, 06:42:49 am »

Sudden increase in land ownership and power rises threat regardless of the source? It makes sense, doesn't it, considering all the succession wars over some dynasty suddenly sitting on several thrones simultaneously.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9887 on: March 16, 2016, 09:53:07 am »

What exactly does it take to convert a pagan tribal holding into a castle? Thankfully, I have enough nephews to make it their problem now, but holy wars are far from over.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9888 on: March 16, 2016, 09:54:47 am »

A reformed faith and a level four fort thing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9889 on: March 16, 2016, 10:52:13 am »

Note: All non-pagan religions count as "reformed." So if you don't want to bother holy warring around for the holy sites, then just convert to... I dunno, Zoroastrianism or something.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9890 on: March 16, 2016, 02:01:27 pm »

I don't know how it happened, but my heir is in matrilinear marriage with my kinswoman. Since she is my kinswoman, I will not lose my title two generations into future, right?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9891 on: March 16, 2016, 02:04:18 pm »

I don't know how it happened, but my heir is in matrilinear marriage with my kinswoman. Since she is my kinswoman, I will not lose my title two generations into future, right?
Is she part of your dynasty? If yes, you are safe. Be warned that you can have kinsmen/women that are of different dynasties for various reasons.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9892 on: March 16, 2016, 02:11:02 pm »

Yes, she's got blood drop and all.
I guess all those gifts I sent to arrange... ahem... divorce was for nothing.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9893 on: March 16, 2016, 02:16:25 pm »

she's got blood drop and all.
The important part is if she has your dynasty, not the blood drop (which is implied anyway by being your kin). Dynasty is similar to a surname, and there'll be your family coat of arms in her character information panel if she's part of your dynasty.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9894 on: March 16, 2016, 02:18:45 pm »

Goddammit paradox. I just inherited a kingdom and a civil war for elective inheritance, so I surrendered to my new vassals. Got stuck with a 50% threat rating for it.

Sudden increase in land ownership and power rises threat regardless of the source? It makes sense, doesn't it, considering all the succession wars over some dynasty suddenly sitting on several thrones simultaneously.

I think the reason was the because the kingdom I inherited was in a civil war for Elective Succession the civil war countries did not count as my "inherited lands" (which would otherwise be threat-free). But when the civil war ended with me accepting the rebels' demands it thus counted me as "conquering" the rebel lands even though I both lost the war and they actually just rejoined the kingdom they were already a part of (but mechanically separate from).

So yeah, it's a pretty big oversight.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9895 on: March 16, 2016, 02:19:42 pm »

I think the reason was the because the kingdom I inherited was in a civil war for Elective Succession the civil war countries did not count as my "inherited lands" (which would otherwise be threat-free). But when the civil war ended with me accepting the rebels' demands it thus counted me as "conquering" the rebel lands even though I both lost the war and they actually just rejoined the kingdom they were already a part of (but mechanically separate from).

So yeah, it's a pretty big oversight.
Did you get threat when you inherited the kingdom? Before the end of the civil war, I mean.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9896 on: March 16, 2016, 02:58:56 pm »

Should I create a titular kingdom? What can possibly go wrong?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9897 on: March 16, 2016, 03:07:58 pm »

I actually have an empire already. But I got bizzare inheritance conflict once, and I don't want to run into it again.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9898 on: March 16, 2016, 03:16:46 pm »

It's worth a nice chunk of prestige to create it, of course.  Maybe if you want an extra vassal-king without dejure lands.  If you give it to a dynasty member it should boost dynasty prestige each time they die (it's a little strange that way, but it's like they ask "how many kings, living or dead, are in your line.  Okay now how many dukes...")  I wonder if you could grant it to a vassal patrician?  I don't remember any special benefits to having a serene republic, but might be cool.  Actually that's probably a terrible idea haha
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9899 on: March 16, 2016, 03:19:58 pm »

I don't know if you even can create a titular kingdom if you already have a kingdom or empire.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 1002