Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092580 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9870 on: March 14, 2016, 03:17:54 am »

about 11 hours

O.o

I would write a fire_only_once event that targets every living character and gives them the trait, and then add an on_action event at birth or something giving the traits. Assuming scripting with CKII is anything like modding EU4, anyway. It's a fun idea, making everyone crazy and paranoid.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9871 on: March 14, 2016, 03:19:08 am »

Your description is modding EU4? That's nearly identical to CK2 modding.

EDIT: Also, Elder Kings seems to end with the assassination of Titus Mede II, which now that I think of it doesn't surprise me at all, since there's no proper history after Skyrim yet.

EDIT 2: My brain automatically associated Skyrim with "Shitpost Central". I... I think I'm still slightly angry about how bad /r/skyrim is
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 03:21:36 am by Putnam »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9872 on: March 14, 2016, 03:49:43 am »

I... I think I'm still slightly angry about how bad /r/skyrim is
Complaining about the low quality of reddit discussion is like complaining about the salinity of ocean water.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9873 on: March 14, 2016, 04:09:19 am »

okay but /r/skyrim was advanced bad, i mean, easily the worst i've seen

almost exactly equal in quality to /r/gaming, i saw a post that basically literally said "DAE HATE THIS PART OF THE GAME" and i was out

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9874 on: March 14, 2016, 04:41:27 pm »

I... I think I'm still slightly angry about how bad /r/skyrim is
Complaining about the low quality of reddit discussion is like complaining about the salinity of ocean water.
And with a similar level of saltiness involved :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9875 on: March 15, 2016, 01:53:20 am »

Playing an ironman game as the Zoroastrian guys on the south coast of the Caspian Sea.

One province REFUSED to come under my sway. I did 5 de jure wars over it, each of which failed because the ruler became unlanded, lost their primary title and so on. Only on the sixth attempt did I FINALLY get it.

And right now, my goal of forming Persia, then going on to form the Persian Empire is going underway at a good pace. I can't vassalise claimants, sadly, because they're all Sunni, but my grand viziers have been pumping out claims like there's no tomorrow. I've also put down no less than three revolts by the same people to increase council power. Fuck that, I'mma be a despot.
I tried that way back when and got stomped by that update where religious rebels were insanely overpowered.  There's something deeply annoying about being attacked by Zoarastrian religious rebels as the only Zoarastrian independent ruler in the world while going to fight their Muslim liege.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9876 on: March 15, 2016, 02:31:52 am »

It turns out out if you make a viking immortal and give him a bunch of troops, history gets messed up.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9877 on: March 15, 2016, 02:37:24 am »

It turns out out if you make a viking immortal and give him a bunch of troops, history gets messed up.
Who'd a thunk it?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 05:50:24 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9878 on: March 15, 2016, 02:38:31 am »

alessia: godly enough that pelinal wouldn't kill her for calling him shezzarine

reman cyrodiil: his name is cyrodiil because his mother is literally cyrodiil

tiber septim: dragonborn shezzarine whose powers were augmented by the shade of the most powerful Tongue in history (who is also shezzarine) who also learned to shout and then got control of Numidium and underwent an Enantiomorph in the process of reactivating it that put him in the position of Shezzar/Lorkhan himself in the pantheon due to the Enantiomorph being between three Shezzarine (his head battlemage was Shezzarine too, who knew? other than tiber, of course) and then also learned CHIM because screw you he gets to be god as many ways as he wants

and that's why i firmly believe ruler designer is the only way to become emperor of tamriel in reasonable time

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9879 on: March 15, 2016, 02:40:22 am »

More detail PTTG.

Also, what's with Putnam and caps? Is he the new LSP?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9880 on: March 15, 2016, 02:42:25 am »

It's midnight and I don't feel like hitting shift. My typing style is awkward as heck and I hit shift with my front pinky knuckle.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9881 on: March 15, 2016, 03:03:42 am »

So are your other fingers on/around 3, T, B? Looking at it to try and figure out how your hands are set. Or is there a disability involved?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9882 on: March 15, 2016, 04:33:52 pm »

My territorial claims and holy wars resulted in a rather phallic Hungary. But it doesn't take me any closer to my plans to make an empire and this time to not lose it to an awkward law.

One thing unfortunate though - having 3 daughters and no sons certainly doesn't bode well for my succession.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9883 on: March 15, 2016, 04:43:22 pm »

Goddammit paradox. I just inherited a kingdom and a civil war for elective inheritance, so I surrendered to my new vassals. Got stuck with a 50% threat rating for it.
Love, scriver~

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: March 16, 2016, 12:15:34 am »

Started a new game because no matter what I did I could not get Sancre Tor back under my personal control and survey it. Gave it away before I knew about getting the Amulet of Kings. Took a few decades in this game, but I finally have it. Eat my shorts, Tamriel.
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 1002