Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092691 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9855 on: March 11, 2016, 04:17:54 pm »

Finally, I'm an emperor of Carpathia. One problem, I'm posessed, gay heretic and hold too many duchies and medium crown authority. So nobody likes me.
Go full tyrant! People already hate you anyway.
Maybe I should've, but I died instead. Thanks to gravelkind my duchy problem is solved and so is my heresy problem.

All I need now is to convince my brother to not form a faction to steal my throne.

The best way to convince him would be by placing your brother in the Oubliette.

Regarding Gavelkind, make sure you don't have http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Elective_gavelkind instead.  And you thought regular Gavelkind was bad!  Only good thing about Elective Gavelkind is that your children/siblings will kindly create all those titles you omitted to create during your lifetime upon succession
for free!
(dunno if they get the prestige bonus, though, although your dynasty's prestige should skyrocket)
Hey, I'm a nice guy. I can make with no-agression pacts instead. I have plenty of other vassals who are so eager to part with their titles by forming factions.

I like how I can I just try to arrest a guy for plotting against somebody, they flee, I come after them and revoke their title. I think if they just surrendered, title would remain theirs.

Actually, you can take their title either way.  So I guess they might as well try rebelling.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9856 on: March 12, 2016, 01:51:56 am »

If I read this correctly, I can do it if they refuse to stop backing the plot, but nothing about being implicated in a plot.

I like how plots are handled.
"Hey, I noticed you want to kill me. Don't" "OK"
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9857 on: March 12, 2016, 02:43:19 am »

If I read this correctly, I can do it if they refuse to stop backing the plot, but nothing about being implicated in a plot.

I like how plots are handled.
"Hey, I noticed you want to kill me. Don't" "OK"

Hm, I think you're right.  I seem to recall not being able to revoke titles from people I've invariably imprisoned over the years regarding plots.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9858 on: March 12, 2016, 04:49:05 am »

Dawnguard explains this a bit more. Molag Bal basically wanted to profane life, so he kidnapped a woman and then raped her... for days, as a mockery of how life begins. And consider that the guy looks like this, so it's better not to imagine how his dick would look like. When she was about to die from her wounds, he made her a vampire (which is could be explained as... magic rape, and is hinted the process is even worse than what happens beforehand) to mock death (and Arkay).

It gets worse if you consider that when it came to Serana and her mother, they were proably forced to look at each other getting raped and Serana was apparently a virgin. Also, Serana mentions that the whole family went through the ceremony, which proably means his father too. All possible implications of this (did he get buttraped or was he also raping) are disturbing, so better leave it at that.

I don't think we ever got more detail, thankfully. Yeah, Molag Bal is evil.
Those who go through the ritual are "Daughters of Coldharbor" I don't think it happens to guys. I could have sworn Harkon became a vampire lord through some kind of massive human sacrifice.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9859 on: March 12, 2016, 04:55:22 am »

Need to learn to check whose claims I'm pressing. Pressed a claim against Ruthenia, won war and a guy swore fielthy back to Ruthenia. At least it was a good revolt bait.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9860 on: March 12, 2016, 04:56:51 am »

More likely you just put the guy in control of Ruthenia. There are specific conditions under which your claims are going to actually get you under control of the place you're pressing (you're de jure liege of the land which you're pressing the claim on or the person who has the claim is a member of your dynasty, mostly)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9861 on: March 12, 2016, 05:01:29 am »

Yeah, I've picked up the practice of holding on to unimportant pieces of land to give out to people who develop claims on thrones. I like to think that I go "You can take that throne as well as this piece of land and swear fealty to me, or be the holder of jack and/or shit."

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9862 on: March 12, 2016, 05:06:11 am »

More likely you just put the guy in control of Ruthenia. There are specific conditions under which your claims are going to actually get you under control of the place you're pressing (you're de jure liege of the land which you're pressing the claim on or the person who has the claim is a member of your dynasty, mostly)
The province was independent for a moment before turning to Ruthenia. King of Ruthenia now changed.

Now I made primogeniture in my Empire but my kingdom of Hungaria is still Gravelkind and it doesn't seem too good.
UPD: And boy is it bad. I now have one province and everything else is divided between two kings. They are technically speaking my vassals, but considering I have slightly over 500 personal levy, it seems very very bad indeed. I even lost my capital somehow, and now reign in just build castle.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:39:53 am by Sirbug »

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9863 on: March 12, 2016, 07:03:57 am »

And so ends a saga of my dynasty where poorly worded succession laws resulted in Emperor with no demesne. Once his brother realized that he's one with all the armies and money, he took over.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9864 on: March 12, 2016, 07:31:48 am »

I could have sworn Harkon became a vampire lord through some kind of massive human sacrifice.
The massive human sacrifice was to summon Molag Bal in first place. Maybe Harkon traded away his daugher and wife to become a Vampire Lord, though I certainly like to think that he at least had to be buttraped for it.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9865 on: March 12, 2016, 06:27:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ever have one of those millennia where it feels like everybody's just crazy?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9866 on: March 12, 2016, 11:42:00 pm »

I've never thought to use AutoHotkey (or another macro) with the console, that's a clever way of modding. How long does it take to execute?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9867 on: March 13, 2016, 02:41:39 am »

I've never thought to use AutoHotkey (or another macro) with the console, that's a clever way of modding. How long does it take to execute?

That one took about 11 hours. I recommend picking one of the three traits instead.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9868 on: March 13, 2016, 07:48:51 pm »

Playing as Byzantines circa 890. Reclaim Kingdom of Italy (well, most of it) through a vassalized claimant. Predictably, the entire world freaks the f*ck out, with Mongol pagans thousands of miles away on a steppe somewhere panicking and forming defensive pacts.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9869 on: March 13, 2016, 07:57:28 pm »

i put together the entire empire of tamriel sans solstheim, switched to elective monarchy, then failed to notice that my emperor was leading troops

now i'm just king of skyrim

...y'know i think i actually sorta intended something like that anyway
Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 1002