Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092712 times)

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9840 on: March 10, 2016, 05:45:00 pm »

Gravelkind means effectively my heir will be left with nothing but capital province or what?

Gavelkind @ the wiki.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 05:48:13 pm by gimli »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9841 on: March 10, 2016, 06:18:00 pm »

*Only so long as you're related to the current owner, preferably male, and not a bishop (assuming Christian 'cause... that's all I've played as other than Germanics)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9842 on: March 10, 2016, 06:38:01 pm »

*Only so long as you're related to the current owner, preferably male, and not a bishop (assuming Christian 'cause... that's all I've played as other than Germanics)
I'm pretty sure there are other religions that prohibit priest inheritance, but can't remember.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9843 on: March 10, 2016, 07:04:19 pm »

An army of 16000 Argonian rebels took up arms in the farthest reaches of the Empire of Ald-Cyrod.

And another 8000 bandits right with them.

Luckily, as I mustered my forces and that of my Argonia vassals, these two forces split up. I loaded Emperor Caligula and his Imperial troops onto boats and sailed them around to Argonia, landing them in the province between the two marauding forces. They maneuvered South and engaged the bandits in Lilmoth. Although their numbers were even, the Emperor's Army was better trained, equipped, and led, and slaughtered the Bandit Army, taking their leader prisoner. Once the bandit king's head was separated from his shoulders, Emperor Caligula and his army marched north to Bogwraith, where they joined with the whole of the Imperial Argonian forces. They marched onto Archon and dealt hastily with the Argonian rebels. It was in this battle though that Immortal Emperor Caligula received a blow to his head and ended up with a cracked skull.

Immortal God-Emperor Caligula, previously impervious to any assault, kidnapping, or assassination, has finally been wounded by mortal hands.

During his infinite reign so far Caligula has placed his Dunmer and Chimer children in charge of the Kingdoms of Argonia and Skyrim. He has also allowed women to earn and inherit land and titles.

Morrowind has so far been easy to take, piece by inquisitioned piece. Elsweyr was up until recently almost a completely unified kingdom. The Altmer have begun to land armies onto Bosmer shores and capture territory on the mainland. The Bretons are still heavily fragmented, which probably isn't helped by the expanding Orcish territory of Ald-Cyrod right in the middle of them all. The Redguards are settling in to see three separate kingdoms with near even power and land.

Once I gobble up Morrowind and unify High Rock, I'll probably hit the Bosmer and try to halt the Aldmeri advance.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9844 on: March 10, 2016, 07:07:13 pm »

Grab the Amulet of Kings from Sancre Tor, give yourself 3 kingdom titles somehow and you can found the Empire of Tamriel, at which point you can use the Imperial Conquest of (province) CB to seize all the holdings of a realm within a de jure kingdom.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9845 on: March 10, 2016, 07:18:13 pm »

So, I haven't played for quite a while, and don't have Horse Lords or the latest (Conclave?) DLC - but, of course, my game will have patched itself up to the latest equivalent version, I guess.

I've read that Conclave has led to some interesting new alliance mechanics...and that these can be immensely frustrating (or apparently were when it was first released).  I'm not quite clear on what's changed though - can anybody shed any light?  My googling and forum-searchings have just found lots of nebulous complaints/counter-complaints, without much meat on the bones.
Calls to arms don't exist anymore, as soon as a war is started every eligible ally will be automatically put in it too, leading to no more backstabbing, broken peacetime mechanics, the AI sending all its troops on deathmarches to kill 2k rebel stacks the player can put down alone and all sorts of funny goodies.

This automatic call to arms is horrendous. Thankfully they will tweak it for the next major update.

I rather like it, it forces me to actually pay attention to who I ally with. There's more of a penalty involved in allying with unstable realms from being unable to engage in peacetime actions than there was in losing a little prestige for refusing a call to arms.

+1
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9846 on: March 11, 2016, 12:53:44 pm »

Finally, I'm an emperor of Carpathia. One problem, I'm posessed, gay heretic and hold too many duchies and medium crown authority. So nobody likes me.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9847 on: March 11, 2016, 01:00:34 pm »

Finally, I'm an emperor of Carpathia. One problem, I'm posessed, gay heretic and hold too many duchies and medium crown authority. So nobody likes me.
Go full tyrant! People already hate you anyway.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9848 on: March 11, 2016, 01:09:50 pm »

Maybe I should've, but I died instead. Thanks to gravelkind my duchy problem is solved and so is my heresy problem.

All I need now is to convince my brother to not form a faction to steal my throne.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9849 on: March 11, 2016, 01:26:49 pm »

At least he died happy.
Love, scriver~

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9850 on: March 11, 2016, 01:33:28 pm »

Happy or not, voices in my head were best Marshal I ever had.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9851 on: March 11, 2016, 02:31:49 pm »

Maybe I should've, but I died instead. Thanks to gravelkind my duchy problem is solved and so is my heresy problem.

All I need now is to convince my brother to not form a faction to steal my throne.

The best way to convince him would be by placing your brother in the Oubliette.

Regarding Gavelkind, make sure you don't have http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Elective_gavelkind instead.  And you thought regular Gavelkind was bad!  Only good thing about Elective Gavelkind is that your children/siblings will kindly create all those titles you omitted to create during your lifetime upon succession
for free!
(dunno if they get the prestige bonus, though, although your dynasty's prestige should skyrocket)

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9852 on: March 11, 2016, 03:01:25 pm »

The best way to convince him would be by placing your brother in the Oubliette.

Regarding Gavelkind, make sure you don't have http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Elective_gavelkind instead.  And you thought regular Gavelkind was bad!  Only good thing about Elective Gavelkind is that your children/siblings will kindly create all those titles you omitted to create during your lifetime upon succession
for free!
(dunno if they get the prestige bonus, though, although your dynasty's prestige should skyrocket)
Hey, I'm a nice guy. I can make with no-agression pacts instead. I have plenty of other vassals who are so eager to part with their titles by forming factions.

I like how I can I just try to arrest a guy for plotting against somebody, they flee, I come after them and revoke their title. I think if they just surrendered, title would remain theirs.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 03:13:34 pm by Sirbug »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9853 on: March 11, 2016, 03:54:20 pm »

I assumed his title referred to figurative rape, in fact I think it does?  I didn't know he did the physical act also.
Dawnguard explains this a bit more. Molag Bal basically wanted to profane life, so he kidnapped a woman and then raped her... for days, as a mockery of how life begins. And consider that the guy looks like this, so it's better not to imagine how his dick would look like. When she was about to die from her wounds, he made her a vampire (which is could be explained as... magic rape, and is hinted the process is even worse than what happens beforehand) to mock death (and Arkay).

It gets worse if you consider that when it came to Serana and her mother, they were proably forced to look at each other getting raped and Serana was apparently a virgin. Also, Serana mentions that the whole family went through the ceremony, which proably means his father too. All possible implications of this (did he get buttraped or was he also raping) are disturbing, so better leave it at that.
Yeah, but he's a really swell guy once you get to know him.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9854 on: March 11, 2016, 04:10:04 pm »

Spoiler: Spore Cloud.ahk (click to show/hide)

It takes about 6 hours to run on my computer. If you don't like calling it Spore Cloud, you can also call it Immaculate.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 1002