Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092824 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9825 on: March 09, 2016, 03:03:53 pm »

I assumed his title referred to figurative rape, in fact I think it does?  I didn't know he did the physical act also.
Dawnguard explains this a bit more. Molag Bal basically wanted to profane life, so he kidnapped a woman and then raped her... for days, as a mockery of how life begins. And consider that the guy looks like this, so it's better not to imagine how his dick would look like. When she was about to die from her wounds, he made her a vampire (which is could be explained as... magic rape, and is hinted the process is even worse than what happens beforehand) to mock death (and Arkay).

It gets worse if you consider that when it came to Serana and her mother, they were proably forced to look at each other getting raped and Serana was apparently a virgin. Also, Serana mentions that the whole family went through the ceremony, which proably means his father too. All possible implications of this (did he get buttraped or was he also raping) are disturbing, so better leave it at that.

I don't think we ever got more detail, thankfully. Yeah, Molag Bal is evil.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9826 on: March 09, 2016, 04:53:13 pm »

I decided to be a king of hungary. Got confused over big politics and what I can and can not do.

How can a guy with two sons have worrysome line of succession?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9827 on: March 09, 2016, 05:27:35 pm »

I decided to be a king of hungary. Got confused over big politics and what I can and can not do.

Are you in Gavelkind?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9828 on: March 09, 2016, 05:35:53 pm »

So, I haven't played for quite a while, and don't have Horse Lords or the latest (Conclave?) DLC - but, of course, my game will have patched itself up to the latest equivalent version, I guess.

I've read that Conclave has led to some interesting new alliance mechanics...and that these can be immensely frustrating (or apparently were when it was first released).  I'm not quite clear on what's changed though - can anybody shed any light?  My googling and forum-searchings have just found lots of nebulous complaints/counter-complaints, without much meat on the bones.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9829 on: March 09, 2016, 05:42:13 pm »

(did he get buttraped or was he also raping)
Or, quite possibly, the answer to that being: 'Yes'.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9830 on: March 09, 2016, 06:07:50 pm »

(did he get buttraped or was he also raping)
Or, quite possibly, the answer to that being: 'Yes'.
STOP WITH THE MIND IMAGES
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9831 on: March 09, 2016, 06:49:25 pm »

So, I haven't played for quite a while, and don't have Horse Lords or the latest (Conclave?) DLC - but, of course, my game will have patched itself up to the latest equivalent version, I guess.

I've read that Conclave has led to some interesting new alliance mechanics...and that these can be immensely frustrating (or apparently were when it was first released).  I'm not quite clear on what's changed though - can anybody shed any light?  My googling and forum-searchings have just found lots of nebulous complaints/counter-complaints, without much meat on the bones.
Calls to arms don't exist anymore, as soon as a war is started every eligible ally will be automatically put in it too, leading to no more backstabbing, broken peacetime mechanics, the AI sending all its troops on deathmarches to kill 2k rebel stacks the player can put down alone and all sorts of funny goodies.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9832 on: March 09, 2016, 07:20:40 pm »

This actually makes alliance something worth thinking about. (They aren't automatically granted when you marry your family off now either.)
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9833 on: March 09, 2016, 07:32:41 pm »

When you marry off family, you get a mutual nonaggression pact, meaning no wars between you two. You have another diplomacy option to take after that, which is Form Alliance. If you have an alliance, both you and the other ruler cannot decline calls to war, which are sent automatically at the beginning of each war.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9834 on: March 09, 2016, 07:49:58 pm »

Another awesome thing about non-aggression pacts is that they circumvent coalitions. When you're playing a permanent 100% threat like I am, it's a godsend to not have the Caliphate constantly breathing down your neck.

Coalitions are pretty okay now. You can bypass them in certain ways like blitzing your targets or waiting for rebellions which is decent. I wish threat would go away faster though. It's kinda annoying not being able to do anything for decades on end.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9835 on: March 09, 2016, 10:59:52 pm »

Are you in Gavelkind?
He's my vassal. So are his sons.

I think I figured out. It must be his wife's title. He's listed as a duke of some place in Holy Roman Empire.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9836 on: March 10, 2016, 07:59:38 am »

Calls to arms don't exist anymore, as soon as a war is started every eligible ally will be automatically put in it too, leading to no more backstabbing, broken peacetime mechanics, the AI sending all its troops on deathmarches to kill 2k rebel stacks the player can put down alone and all sorts of funny goodies.

This automatic call to arms is horrendous. Thankfully they will tweak it for the next major update.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9837 on: March 10, 2016, 08:26:03 am »

This automatic call to arms is horrendous. Thankfully they will tweak it for the next major update.

I rather like it, it forces me to actually pay attention to who I ally with. There's more of a penalty involved in allying with unstable realms from being unable to engage in peacetime actions than there was in losing a little prestige for refusing a call to arms.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9838 on: March 10, 2016, 04:24:33 pm »

Thanks to voices in my head I became a heretic and finally took over missing parts of my future empire. Also, became homosexual.

Gravelkind means effectively my heir will be left with nothing but capital province or what?

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9839 on: March 10, 2016, 04:26:33 pm »

The primary title and a section of demesne goes to the first son. All other titles are given out, with the second son getting the second-most land and each son getting land in descending order until there's no land left.
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 1002