Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093174 times)

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9781 on: March 03, 2016, 09:35:56 pm »

I got a master mage king of Nibenay. I started him with the hunting focus hoping to get him immortal. He immediately managed to kill the white stag (I didn't even know that could happen!) and was presently invited to a hunt with Hircine, which he naturally accepted. Got the Cuirass of the Savior's Hide out of that, which is +3 health, so decided to switch to Theology to charge his mana faster for immortality. Managed to get him immortal; had him become King of Cyrodiil. Then he did some tyranny (DON'T GIVE A SHIT I'M IMMORTAL) to grab up Sancre Tor for his own demesne, at which point he had my steward survey it. In less than two years, he held Chim-el Adabal. Then some events happened. I... literally cannot describe them, there was nothing to describe. A couple blank panels saying "Ok." for the answer. Now he worships Meridia somehow. I can't say I can complain, actually; he doesn't have the Saviour's Hide anymore (not that it matters, immortality and all), but once he gets 250 piety (which I keep blowing on hordes of daedra), he can claim the Dawnbreaker, so that's all good.

Artifact hording is fun! I think I ought to be able to use chim-el adabal to light the dragonfires and found a new Empire of Man and usher in the 3rd Era and maybe become the 9th Divine should I ever die of war or intrigue, but I don't see any options for that, so maybe not.

My conversion to Meridia makes that slightly harder; I was slowly taking over Skyrim before with my horde of 20,000-30,000 daedra, but I can't do that without a legitimate claim or 500 piety to burn now that I'm not a worshipper of the Eight Divines. Of course, I could always just spend 500 piety to convert back to the Eight Divines, which I might actually do once I have Dawnbreaker.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:38:27 pm by Putnam »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: March 03, 2016, 10:40:34 pm »

Huh, I did not know that tyranny even had a timer.  I assumed it was forever.  Probably because I either used it *VERY* sparingly, or flushed my court.
Edit:  For reference it is 10 years apparently.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: March 04, 2016, 03:45:47 am »

My first ruler went from a single county Chief in Estonia to King of Finland along with reforming the Soumi faith. Finland is more like Estonia with bits of Rus and Karelia, though. Ragnarr ate up most of Scandinavia before I had a chance to go north.

Tonight's session featured my first ruler's grandson. Conclave kind of makes managing all your vassals fun if you don't completely optimize. I ended up invading bits of Brittany and England and giving those lands to the disinherited members of my family tree. Gave the county of Leon to my half-brother and the duchy of kent to my bastard Turkish uncle. Both those guys were on my council and I ended up owing them favors, it's cool how they kind of force you to press their claims for them. My half-brother had me press a claim he had on East Anglia and I was excited to get it for him. But the bastard Turkish uncle's son decided to assassinate him for some weird reason. It was pretty dramatic though, I was like "Oh what the shit!? You asshole!" So I imprisoned Turkish bastard and executed him (I got the titles back) then gave it to my Uncle Finn's kid. I'm having a lot of fun playing around with the new politics. I plan on trying to set up little Soumenesko colonies all around the map just to see what happens.

Cool thing about Uncle Finn. He left my court to join the Soumenesko Holy Order, became its leader and is currently about to somehow take over a big chunk of Khazaria.

Oh and the Abbasids didn't last 30 years this play through, strangely enough.
Yeah yeah yeah!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: March 04, 2016, 01:24:10 pm »

Manufacture claims
@
Bully fellow dukes

You'd think they shouldn't be so eager to lower crown authority, because medium crown authority is the only thing that could save them.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: March 04, 2016, 01:33:15 pm »

Huh, I did not know that tyranny even had a timer.  I assumed it was forever.  Probably because I either used it *VERY* sparingly, or flushed my court.
Edit:  For reference it is 10 years apparently.
REALLY!? I've been avoiding tyrannical actions like the plague unless my ruler was about to die!

At least I know now.
If you're powerful you can go full tyranny with almost no ramifications other than making your next generation's life extremely annoying (because of the inherited opinion modifiers).

It's actually very easy to get tyranny now with the council stuff. Yesterday I accidentally got 100 tyranny during a regency as I didn't realize councils voted on everything during one and if you disobey you get 10 tyranny. After I found that out I just completely ignored them and went full nutso. Then my guy got leprosy like some kind of karma thing and died at the age of 20.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: March 04, 2016, 02:03:33 pm »

Seniority is a useful thing, but turns out always having full line of successors and each of them old is not good for stability.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: March 04, 2016, 03:56:03 pm »

I'm finally continuing my Scandinavian empire game after a couple of months. So far, I've expanded down into Aquitine and now own about half of it, I'm rapidly converting France(which I finally usurped over 10 years after acquiring it), and I've taken the duchy of Bavaria, alongside raiding 1,000 gold from the Meditteranian and stealing some island province from a random Muslim(figured it'd be a good staging point for holy wars).

And I'm at 100% infamy with anyone who's not revolting against their liege in seperate defensive pacts against me, except for the fact that they'll all join together anyway now. Still, seeing as how I have 65K troops and the enemy will be spread out heavily, I don't think they can stop me.

Shia caliphate finally broke up. Largest empire that can rival me is the Sunni caliphate, whom I outnumber 4:1.

I think I'm going to go for a world conquest, except maybe not take India if I run out of time, but I'm definitely going for Mongolia for the Norse-East achievement.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: March 04, 2016, 06:26:51 pm »

Seniority is a useful thing, but turns out always having full line of successors and each of them old is not good for stability.

tanistry is like seniority but better

but it's only available if you're irish i'm reasonably sure, maybe welsh or english, i haven't really played in those islands much

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: March 04, 2016, 06:29:14 pm »

but it's only available if you're irish i'm reasonably sure, maybe welsh or english, i haven't really played in those islands much

I think it's Celtic culture groups so... Welsh, Irish, Scottish/Pictish and... Englishy ones.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: March 04, 2016, 06:29:59 pm »

I am fairly sure the welsh and maybe (unsure) bretons and picts (no idea about scots) can use it too.

Beaten to it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: March 04, 2016, 07:03:55 pm »

Celtic culture group, the entirety of it.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: March 04, 2016, 07:24:31 pm »

Well, I just learned how debilitating a million little independent Christian duchies and small kingdoms can be if they spread out and siege random holdings, then converge into frigign' doomstacks. I think I actually just lost my first war since becoming an empire.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: March 04, 2016, 07:31:10 pm »

Anyone who talks like they have a potato in their mouth can use Tanistry.

Which basically means anyone but the English/normans. Dunno about Anglos.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: March 04, 2016, 07:32:30 pm »

Anyone who talks like they have a potato in their mouth can use Tanistry.

Which basically means anyone but the English/normans. Dunno about Anglos.

Tatties uhr guid though, wee man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 1002