Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 646 647 [648] 649 650 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093230 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9705 on: February 27, 2016, 01:27:18 am »

If you purposely play unoptimally (except for the execution of the challenged grandson, that's a fairly normal thing given the opportunity, from what I've gathered) it makes for a very interesting story.
Yeah. A nice habit to get is to try and play according to what your traits are.

So if you're zealous you purposely pick all the zealous choices regardless if its logical or not.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9706 on: February 27, 2016, 01:36:43 am »

OH MAN MY SPYMASTER JUST KIDNAPPED ME

HE'S ALSO MY REGENT

i think this is gonna be great

Notably, the dude likes me but I hate him. He likes me for, among other reasons, "lowering crown authority", which he did himself while he was my regent for when I was a child.

EDIT: I've got an infected wound and he hasn't done anything with me. Is he... is he trying to get Margaret as queen? She's significantly better than Danders, though a couple years older, so sign me up, heh.

EDIT 2: Right, he kept stealing money, as well. Once I'm Margaret, I'm killing him, goddamn. By far the most troublesome Divines follower in the land (the Orcish and Reachmen religions are usually more troublesome).

EDIT 3: Oh, he does these things because he's deceitful, cruel, arbitrary, gluttonous, greedy, an impaler, a master agent and born under the Shadow. Holy shit. If he weren't slow, he'd have taken over the whole damn kingdom by now. Actually, I'm not sure how he hasn't, despite that he's slow he still has 30 intrigue, there's no way I'm killing this guy successfully.

EDIT 4: King of Karthspire's doing a prepared invasion of Skyrim, but he's invading Haafingar. Skyrim currently has a High King, though he only has  5 counties. Winterhold is the largest Nordic holding right now. Nothing in Atmora but frozen bearded (ZOMBIE) kings. I've been dragged into that invasion due to having married the king's son. Fasile put the damn king on the throne in the first place, and I'm currently playing as one of Fasile's granddaughters.

hahah damn you can trace back to Indoril Nerevar and Alessia and WOW ORGNUM DIED DURING PLAYTIME

and the mane's taken over much of Elseweyr! Though he's in prison right now.

i just got an event to honor a depiction of pelinal, which gives me 1 martial when I do so, heheh. The only elves I've even met so far are the elves who had control of Ada-Mantia before Fasile took it over.

EDIT 5: MY PERSONAL CHOICE OF TANIST JUST DIED IN CHILDBIRTH TO MY HUSBAND'S BABY. god this is better than any soap opera i've ever watched
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 02:22:35 am by Putnam »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9707 on: February 27, 2016, 02:31:50 am »

Yeah, man. I gotta get me dat ES mod.

So far in my tale the heir from the last update successfully united the lesser lords of the Pagan Irish lands and expanded further into Wales. However once the war ended his life did as well (sidebar: the mysterious one-eyed stranger appeared to the king as we begun the march into the enemy territories), and his six year old son took the throne, with a cousin as his regent. This change of hands before I could pawn off the newly acquired county led to me having two more holdings than was optimal as my regent sucked. I tried to give the holding to one of the two landholders in Wales that also happened to be on the council. However any time I tried to give one of them lands the other would call in favors for a majority vote against the decision. I said "fuck it whatever" and the game rewarded me with a new regent that bumped up my holding cap the two I needed, citing "issues within the council beyond my comprehension".

EDIT: OK SO NOW SAXONY IS FRISIA

EDIT II: Also, forgot to mention my second King divorced his wife once I remembered that she was Christian and also the sister of the ruler I was currently deposing. She left my court and arrived at her brother's, only to be taken prisoner and brought back to Ireland. Worst vacation ever.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 02:39:39 am by Man of Paper »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9708 on: February 27, 2016, 02:48:09 am »

Oh my god the Knahaten flu. That's bad. I checked the year in-game (you have to subtract the current year by 2920 to get the year of the second era you're in, and you have to do the same by 896 if that number ends up >896 to see what year in the 3rd era you're in). It's 2E 562. Oh my god, this thing is already awful enough, it's going to last 41 more years.

The high and mighty were not exempt, as it consumed the entire royal family of Wayrest,[9] ending the Gardner Dynasty

HAHA SCREW YOU TRISTAN GARDNER YA ENVIOUS MERCHANT GIT

EDIT: Seriously though, my god, people die the instant they get the disease. My 356-man retinue is experiencing 17.5 percent attrition because every county with the Knahaten Flu can only hold a max of 100 soldiers.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 03:00:02 am by Putnam »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9709 on: February 27, 2016, 03:42:51 am »

To sum up my gameplay for the night, my kid grew up, gave away some lands and gave those landholders positions on the council. He proceeded to find out that his half-sister was calling in favors on the couple of old councilors that he was actually friendly with, and so she found herself married off to a Khan. Wouldn't stop the favorcalling (the death of old age of the two councilmen would do that well enough in the following year), but it was a good enough punishment for me.

But my relatively young councilor died. And so did his replacement. And the one after that. All within the span of a few months. I saw I had a powerful vassal that was fairly pissed at not being on the council, placed him there, and the "natural" deaths stopped.

We are also no beginning to take territory from the Pictish. One of my vassals already took some territory from them, so I figured they'd make a good target, especially if I'm to snub the Northumbrian expansion north. The rest of the English lords are too busy throwing swords into each others faces to really pose any threat. I also have the ability to press a weak claim on Essex, but the dude's Christian, and the only thing I let them do is be my jester. And also die.

West Francia/Middle Francia/Saxony/Frisia is still expanding, approaching on my Norse brothers, who are no longer unified as King Ragnar has died and now the land is in turmoil as war engulfs it.

The Umadbro Empire has secured the Iberian Peninsula and half of North Africa, the Italian peninsula is being picked at by multiple empires, and everyone else who historically came to power is getting roflstomped.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9710 on: February 27, 2016, 03:54:38 am »

Karlings, noooo

also, in my game, I had my retinues positioned to begin the assault on the duchy of Whitehaven once the Knahaten Flu was over, but... it ended up as a vassal of mine anyway. Looking at it, the line of succession went through the entire house of Montclair (4 died over the course of 13 months) until it landed on Devin Ysciele, my Duke of Farrun. Now he's a double duke, hmm. At least that turned out peacefully. Now I'll have to see if I can do the same for Camlorn. Hopefully those damn Motierres get themselves killed off entirely, they're nothing but trouble.

Spoiler: EDIT: oh (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:59:11 am by Putnam »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9711 on: February 27, 2016, 11:07:14 am »

Decided to try out that mod, also. Do you play it with a TES soundtrack playing in the background also?

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9712 on: February 27, 2016, 12:45:06 pm »

Jumped into a republic as soon as I could in my Ireland game, coincidentally just a few years after I united the island. God, I had no idea republican levies take so much time to replenish, but being able to make mad dosh and throwing it on my best son's campaign kinda makes up for it.
My possessed ruler won't die and keeps saying Jesus told him to embrace him some heresy once in a while, which is annoying(and almost got me killed when England declared on me before I realized I can renounce heresies) but other than that things slowed down to a near halt when I republicized.
Guess I'll try to conquer the loose welsh and island kingdoms around and maybe try to ally either the english or the scots so I can use one to help me hammer down the other.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9713 on: February 28, 2016, 12:44:52 am »

Okay I almost feel bad for Lynchal. It's embroiled in three wars at once. One is with Anvil (me) over Hastrel, the second is with Kvatch over Lynchal, and the final is with the Colovian Estates over Ontus.

This mod is the bee's tits, by the way.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9714 on: February 28, 2016, 12:46:52 am »

Ah, the classic Cyrodiilic Dogpile. I saw one of those in my last game. 5 independent realms warring a single county. Incredible.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9715 on: February 28, 2016, 12:54:04 am »

From my current campaign:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yup, that's orthodox swedish pechenegs for you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And then when I wasn't looking they somehow became friggin Wallachia. That's viking Vlad for you.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9716 on: February 28, 2016, 01:01:18 am »

Ha! So I discover my second wife has a plot to kill my firstborn son, whom sprung not from her loins. I imprison her and immediately discover another plot, this one by some dude Cart to slander my wife. So I immediately go to see who he is, remember I hate her now, and gift this guy 28 golds. It's about a month later and he's decided to invite me to the plot, which I accepted.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9717 on: February 28, 2016, 01:04:29 am »

I recently had every single vassal of mine independently conspiring to slander some dude. That was dumb.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9718 on: February 28, 2016, 01:38:07 am »

Yeah that's eventually what happened here.

In other news, my king just died and then his lover gave birth to a son, the poor bastard.

Both the legit sons are nicknamed the Powerful and the Wise. But it's kinda funny that the bastard was the only one to inherit their father's height and powerful voice.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 02:39:25 am by Man of Paper »

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9719 on: February 28, 2016, 02:46:43 am »

What exactly define how many soldiers can I raise? Why a small nation can suddenly raise the same number I raise from three province demesne?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?
Pages: 1 ... 646 647 [648] 649 650 ... 1002