Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093406 times)

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9690 on: February 24, 2016, 03:08:04 pm »

Inb4 you manage to create somethingone like..  :o

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9691 on: February 24, 2016, 03:18:21 pm »

Pardon the double post, but I've now made it my life's goal of cramming as much incest into the Hungarian kingdom as possible. For instance, the current King of Hungary's grandmother is also his great-great grandmother. He's now betrothed to my niece.

I did something like that with a Zoroastrian once. The first character (made in character creator) wound up married to two generations of his daughters. Wasn't able to keep the insane incest tree going as much once he died since the future characters didn't inherit his cheesed out health and fertility.

Still plan to start as a Zoroastrian in Ireland or something some time so I can build an empire entirely populated by my own massive inbred family.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9692 on: February 24, 2016, 03:28:41 pm »

Spoiler: related (click to show/hide)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9693 on: February 24, 2016, 03:34:15 pm »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9694 on: February 24, 2016, 04:30:38 pm »

In my last party I ragequitted for unrelated reasons, I was petty Irish king of Mumu. I managed to marry my second son off to some duchess in England and he sired a daughter, who died of pneumonia later. So duchy went to some random schmuck, I think he was her uncle.

What I'm curious about is if did I really lost something for it. What were my odds of actually getting something out of it?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9695 on: February 24, 2016, 04:55:05 pm »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9696 on: February 24, 2016, 04:58:58 pm »

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9697 on: February 24, 2016, 05:02:07 pm »

Craster plays for keeps

Haven't decided if Craster or the Lannister Twins are more fucked up yet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9698 on: February 24, 2016, 05:04:03 pm »

Craster, definitely.
Also, it's explained in Reddit thread that Asha was still concubine of her own father, so no blood got really spilled.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9699 on: February 24, 2016, 05:41:38 pm »

If you want a good high fantasy mod, the Elder Kings is actually pretty nice. Then there is the Game of Thrones mod, but it doesn't have everything and the kitchen sink like the Elder Scrolls.

Elder Kings is frigging amazing so far and I haven't even chosen a lord. The morrowind theme playing (even if on one of the worst MIDI pianos I've ever heard) instead of the normal lutey sorta melody was a great touch on top of the first things I noticed, those being as-accurate-as-possible representations of Akavir, Pyandonea, Yokuda and OH MY GOD THEY HAVE ATMORA.

Anyway, yeah, 10/10 so far, presentation-wise exact kind of mod I would make with unlimited time and talent given my current breadth of knowledge about ES lore.

EDIT: says "breaking the dragon" instead of "recreating history" or whatever it was in vanilla, screw you guys, making me feel inadequate
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 05:44:56 pm by Putnam »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9700 on: February 24, 2016, 06:01:10 pm »

If you want a good high fantasy mod, the Elder Kings is actually pretty nice. Then there is the Game of Thrones mod, but it doesn't have everything and the kitchen sink like the Elder Scrolls.

Elder Kings is frigging amazing so far and I haven't even chosen a lord. The morrowind theme playing (even if on one of the worst MIDI pianos I've ever heard) instead of the normal lutey sorta melody was a great touch on top of the first things I noticed, those being as-accurate-as-possible representations of Akavir, Pyandonea, Yokuda and OH MY GOD THEY HAVE ATMORA.

Anyway, yeah, 10/10 so far, presentation-wise exact kind of mod I would make with unlimited time and talent given my current breadth of knowledge about ES lore.

EDIT: says "breaking the dragon" instead of "recreating history" or whatever it was in vanilla, screw you guys, making me feel inadequate
I still feel a bit proud about the fact that they accepted my suggestion of adding Ayleids to Valenwood before ESO was even out.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9701 on: February 24, 2016, 11:21:47 pm »

I love how on top of the incest highlighted by the red arrows Pepin is sneaking in some more incest on a different branch of the tree.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9702 on: February 24, 2016, 11:37:21 pm »

them's different pepins

Those are Karlings, I think Karloman there is Charlemagne's brother, and Karloman had a kid named Pepin and a father named Pepin, so that checks out

EDIT: Karl is in my game right now, so I just checked Karloman and yeah, he's even got Gerberga for a wife as well as having Pepindad and Pepinson.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:40:12 pm by Putnam »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9703 on: February 27, 2016, 12:54:49 am »

So here I am, playing a Germanic Pagan Irishman as early as possible. My first generation proceeds to conquer all of Ireland in his almost 80 year lifetime, fathering three sons. One, my heir, got land in mid Eire, one was given land in the north, and the third was given the Welsh holdings at 16. The Welsh son proceeded to start an independence faction as well as a plot to kill his own father. I requested he end the plot, but he refused (because I had a good 5 or 6 counties more than I should have, but I wasn't going for much efficiency with this guy, mostly headcanon rp). I then proceeded to arrest him. Suddenly Great Blot, and he's one of the many, many prisoners I have, but still manages to get pulled up. I wasn't gonna bitch and sacrificed him to honor the Gods. His brothers were not very pleased with the murder of their kin and the northern son proceeded to rebel, calling a favor in to his brother to bolster his forces.

Both armies were crushed, though before I ended the war I had captured the Heir's mentally crippled son. He was set to be eventual heir to the throne, so I had him executed in the dungeons. With the civil war over, I had my middle - now youngest - son thrown in the dungeons and eventually banished.

The first Pagan Irish King died in his bed one summer day. His son is focusing on mending the relations his father tore to shreds during his final years with the members of his court. Meanwhile the Younger Son is biding his time in Wessex, no doubt waiting for the day he can claim his home once more.

If you purposely play unoptimally (except for the execution of the challenged grandson, that's a fairly normal thing given the opportunity, from what I've gathered) it makes for a very interesting story. I mean damn, I stopped playing last night after my first ruler died and I loved the way that story went. Tonight I play as the Son.

EDIT: Also forgot that I watched as a massive Frankish territory flipped between being various Francias before settling on being a huge Saxony.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 01:03:40 am by Man of Paper »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9704 on: February 27, 2016, 01:09:10 am »

Heh, my last Irish game had basically the same Frankenstein going on that ended up with a Karl Karling-ruled Bohemia that covered most of the Carolingian territory. Very strange.

My current game I started as Donella, Queen of Daggerfall. Daggerfall, at the start, is a petty kingdom of 2 counties. Over the course of Donella's lifetime, I made it into a kingdom of 6 counties. Her son went out on pilgrimage and promptly died to bandits (probably wearing full dwarven armor, I mean this is Cyrodiil we're talking), at which point his daughter Fasile took over.

Fasile is by far the biggest badass I've played. In her 66 years of rulership, She singlehandedly (that's no exaggeration, more on that later) took the 6 counties of Daggerfall and made it into the Kingdom of High Rock, the only de jure areas not under its control being Whitehaven (which I didn't get to before her death, having to fight a stupidly long war against Haafingar for various territories its king Ylbert inherited) and Camlorn (which, through some strange magick I guess, has the largest army in the world by far, starting at over 15k of real troops (no lame special troops that don't do shit) that I've whittled down to 5.71k over the course of the king's conquests, all of which have been successful but half of which have resulted in a new independent county that will gladly swear fealty to me the instant I ask).

She did this in a process that I've decided to verb after the most famous example--"to Camoran". Y'see, this woman was not a warrior; martial was her worst stat, at 8 (I was confident even when she first gained the throne at 15 that she would be great). But she did have one thing: magick, and a lot of it. To be exact, once a year, she could summon an army of 250 dremora.

That really adds up. Consider that the biggest retinues I have to offer take a year and a half to go up to 330. Getting 250 dremore every year is ridiculous. I didn't really notice that she could do that at first, either--I mostly focused on curing gonorrhea and wounds incurred during childbirth and other such things, which costs a lot more magicka. She only spent about the last 30 years of her life conquesting for High Rock. In that time, she managed through edicts and the whole "founded new kingdom which is now her primary title and destroyed the old one since there are no de jure vassals" thing to bring up the crown levy twice and set up an internal king's peace so that she could set up Tanistry as the inheritance method (it was made absolute cognatic during the reign of Donella--I was planning for Tanistry since the instant I saw it, and absolute cognaticism was much faster to get. Much bigger pool for vassals to choose from, and they tend to choose pretty well who gets to be next king--it's always in the dynasty, too. Best succession, though maybe ultimogeniture if you've got a lineage that happens to be strong and quick or something).

Anyway, now I've got High King Danders, Fasile's great grandson, the tanist at the time of her death (MM LONG REIGN BONUS TANISTRY SO GOOD). Damn kid is content, though, which means he's not going to let me declare war to take over duchies in order to unite the rest of High Rock. Depression doesn't let me kill myself, either, which almost made me a little disappointed that time Fasile became a chicken.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 01:31:32 am by Putnam »
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 1002