Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090740 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9300 on: December 26, 2015, 10:02:40 am »

Wise decision. While you won't have much of a comparison if you haven't played the vanilla CKII, the DLC does make the game better. All of it. 'cept the Sunset Invasion, but ah well, for 75% off you can't complain :P
And the Indians. The Indians MIGHT have made the game better, except their mechanics make them sit and twiddle their thumbs for the whole game.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9301 on: December 26, 2015, 10:44:42 am »

Wise decision. While you won't have much of a comparison if you haven't played the vanilla CKII, the DLC does make the game better. All of it. 'cept the Sunset Invasion, but ah well, for 75% off you can't complain :P
Replace sunset Invasion with Way of life (unless they fixed seduction in the last few months) and I'll agree with you.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9302 on: December 26, 2015, 10:56:40 am »

If all kingdom titles with weigth are already conquered, then it will choose from the ones without weight at random.
INB4 Iceland Crusade

No silly, only Jihads target Iceland.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9303 on: December 26, 2015, 11:02:39 am »

And now I just noticed Steams "Crusader Kings II DLC Collection" is on sale for $30 where it would normally be $120. Probably just going to get that.
Keep in mind that the collection is missing stuff. I think pretty much everything from (and including) charlemagne onwards.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9304 on: December 26, 2015, 11:15:51 am »

Why do you need over 100 dollars of content to get the full game?
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9305 on: December 26, 2015, 11:17:31 am »

Because of all the DLC/expansions they released for it. And the cosmetic DLC that is included in the collection too. It adds up you know.

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9306 on: December 26, 2015, 11:18:29 am »

Just managed to secure the Iron Throne in the AGOT-mod as House Dondarrion (starting the game in one of the earlier dates). I'm also married to the last living Targaryen, making sure the dynasty dies out.

Gotta say I enjoy this mod.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9307 on: December 26, 2015, 01:32:07 pm »

Because Paradox business strategy is to start with simple but good game, then throw expansions till it's a complex massive universal simulator. I AM EXCITED FOR STELLARIS.

Indeed, I do this.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9308 on: December 26, 2015, 02:09:37 pm »

Because Paradox business strategy is to start with simple but good game, then throw expansions till it's a complex massive universal simulator. I AM EXCITED FOR STELLARIS.

I oddly find it an acceptable model for Paradox, normally I'd reject a game that does it.

Then again, Paradox doesn't charge $50 every time they release a minor update.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9309 on: December 26, 2015, 03:25:29 pm »

In Crusader Kings its been alright.  Except maybe for retinues, which you basically need.

EU IV on the other hand gets really ridiculous.  Every other DLC has something really important to have, like development, client states, or exchanging ownership of occupied territory.  And sometimes the CPU can use those features that you don't have because you don't own the DLC.  And they all cost at least $20.

Cities so far is decent, but there's only been one pack.  The main focal point was free (day/night cycles), the pack just got you new roads and a couple useful transportation things.  Nothing absolutely vital.  yet.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9310 on: December 26, 2015, 03:37:09 pm »

In Crusader Kings its been alright.  Except maybe for retinues, which you basically need.
Haven't they been nerfed into the ground for everyone but hordes?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9311 on: December 26, 2015, 03:53:33 pm »

I actually don't use 'em, 'cause they take years to actually be useful and they're so expensive to get there.

Only reason I have any in my most recent game is for Aztecs.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9312 on: December 26, 2015, 04:10:19 pm »

Sorta? They are rather expensive and need a lot of land/infrastructure to get useful numbers of them. But with the proper preparation they can easily take on forces several times their size and come out victorious. Even having an 800 Heavy Infantry army running around cleaning up annoying little 1k~2k stacks of enemy levies is awfully convenient, since you don't have to worry about attrition or divert larger forces to the task.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9313 on: December 26, 2015, 06:09:35 pm »

FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING FUCK

SO GODDAMN CLOSE.

SO

GODDAMN

CLOSE

ALMOST had fucking West Francia pass over to my dynasty, but NOPE fucking worthless queenie has to pass it off to the first motherfucker who asks nicely for it.

GOD. FUCKING. DAMMIT.

Indeed, I do this.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9314 on: December 26, 2015, 07:14:14 pm »

You know the solution to this is to chain assassinating. Obviously.
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 1002