Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090042 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9045 on: October 15, 2015, 05:36:13 pm »

Vicky 2 is all about buying your way to empire.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

blazing glory

« Reply #9046 on: October 16, 2015, 04:35:42 am »

So....for some reason, the king will inherit all my stuff instead of my various sons? What is up with that?

Man, I knew it was sketchy that I was suddenly made a duke upon crown authority rising, it was a scheme for the king to leave my sons with nothing.

To clarify, my actual heir is of course my eldest son, but the king still stands to inherit my title, the 'Theme of Paphlagonia', which conveniently contains everything.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 04:38:56 am by blazing glory »

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9047 on: October 16, 2015, 04:56:22 am »

What are the laws?
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

blazing glory

« Reply #9048 on: October 16, 2015, 05:00:40 am »

What are the laws?
Limited crown authority..High Centralization..Duchy Viceroyalties..Imperial Administration..Normal feudal levies..Tax exemption...and it goes on a bit with various tax and levy settings.

I ended up dying but I still have the Duchy apparently, I really wish CK2 would explain what things mean a bit more, half the time I have no idea what it's doing.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9049 on: October 16, 2015, 07:25:26 am »

Duchy Viceroyalties
That's the one. (A viceroyality grant means you return the title upon your death)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9050 on: October 16, 2015, 08:02:22 am »

One of your heirs should still receive your other titles of course, just not that duchy.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9051 on: October 16, 2015, 08:33:31 am »

Duchy Viceroyalties
I ended up dying but I still have the Duchy apparently, I really wish CK2 would explain what things mean a bit more, half the time I have no idea what it's doing.
That. Also the king proably gave the viceroyalty to your heir anyway.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

blazing glory

« Reply #9052 on: October 16, 2015, 06:13:41 pm »

Well I'm not that pleased with having something that the king can happily take away from me every time I die if he wants it, it'd happen eventually, man, being a count/false-duke is hard.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9053 on: October 16, 2015, 06:16:06 pm »

Being an imperial count/duke is apparently a thing I have to try.  Being a regular one is something I do literally almost every game I play.  I dont tend to start as kings or higher often, and usually shy from being a duke in favor of a count.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9054 on: October 16, 2015, 06:19:17 pm »

Vicky 2 is all about buying your way to empire.

Now that was Vicky 1.  Did anyone else read the AAR where Krakow bought the world?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9055 on: October 16, 2015, 06:20:40 pm »

No, but that sounds interesting as all heck. Clearly you need to link to that AAR so that we can all marvel at its glory.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9056 on: October 16, 2015, 06:24:13 pm »

I'm under the impression that its very difficult to get anything done as a minor (as in, handful of provinces or medium sized uncivilized) in Vicky 2.  But I would cheerfully be proven wrong.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9057 on: October 16, 2015, 06:41:34 pm »

I vaguely remember someone doing a world conquest as Transvaal.

Interestingly enough, I've never done a full game of Vicky 2...just couldn't really get into it.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9058 on: October 17, 2015, 12:16:32 pm »

The biggest problem with small nations is not that you can't do anything...rather it just takes a LONG time to get it going and by the time you do it tends to become a race to beat the clock to finish whatever goal you have set by the time the end date rolls around. At least from my experience.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9059 on: October 17, 2015, 12:46:14 pm »

Unfortunately yes. Historically, you can't really justify longer playtime, but it would be nice if things weren't SO rushed for smaller nations.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 1002